Voodoo Staff needs a buff

Justin333

Swashbuckler
Ok, I'm not saying voodoo staff needs to be buffed a lot. I've noticed that it takes forever to charge the attacks. And you lose voodoo like crazy, and still fail to KO stuff quick enough. More times than not I'm left using the super weak "Blast" attack to finish things off, which takes too long.

In PVP the voodoo staff will get you killed quick, sadly. Considering it is a "Voodoo" staff, it should be an awesome weapon, but it just isn't. It does get better when you upgrade to the Famed Lava Staff, but that isn't even enough to make up for its flaws as a weapon.

I'm asking the game developers to try to make it more functional. Maybe decrease the amount of voodoo it needs and decrease the charging time? Or perhaps buff blast and every spell by 100 damage? 200? It's up to the Developers to find what works. And I have a little bit of hope that they might improve the weapon.

Please buff the voodoo staff and make it a better weapon. Right now, grenades and every other weapon totally outclass it. Voodoo doll for instance, has better consistency with damage and allows you to run around and not get hit, voodoo staff involves you standing in one place to get hit with bombs while not able to pull off a powerful enough move in time to make a difference. You wind up getting KO'd quick, before that Flaming Skull even has time to get off.

Voodoo Staff's design though, is awesome. I love the look and the concept, but sadly the functioning is weak as it is. The Disney potco team slacked on this, the last weapon you unlock. Please make voodoo staff into the awesome weapon it deserves to be.

Grenades get off instantly for all the power they have, but a staff is so slow the user can't get a break. If staff is going to be that slow it needs to be more powerful and conserve more voodoo to be a good weapon. The other option is to make it faster and conserve more voodoo. Maybe a combination of speed, power, and voodoo conservation would help.

I just don't see why it has to use so much more voodoo than doll, maybe just a little bit more would do?

Anyways, even if you never fix this, TLOPO crew, at least consider my suggestion and try to do something to improve the weapon.

Best wishes,
Jamie

I've always thought this. Staff is awesome in design, it's my favourite land based weapon, yet it's second-rate in almost every combat situation.

The only time the staff beats out other weapons is cases like the Tormenta bridge - where you can hit a bunch of enemies where they stand with the fireball. There's no other time the staff wins. Doll beats it in sustainability (doesn't run out of voodoo and it's almost impossible to die while using doll), sword/gun/dagger are all significantly better choices verse single targets, and against grouped targets broadswords and grenades are king (grenades being way more powerful). And overall, but especially for PvP, the staff just leaves you too vulnerable.

It's a shame because it's so darn cool, and it's the highest level unlock weapon, as well as having the highest "combat rating" (if all skills are the same level, enemies will become yellow/green/grey earlier with the staff than anything else). This implies it should be stronger, and it also results in being harder to level up.

Even though I don't think it would solve the problem, I also think Blast should be improved, because that's another skill that's actually fun to use but it's rendered almost entirely worthless. It's only used for cleaning up very low health enemies, which is fine, but using Soul Flay or Wither is so much more effective for that 90% of the time.

Back