Was going to get an ASUS ROG G20AJ but

B

BicMax5050

When I go on Amazon and look at the ASUS ROG G20j,I see two versions on the page.One version has an i3 the other has an i7.But I want an i5 but can't find one.I won't be Doug. Extreme gaming but I want one that can multitask like the i5.Can anyone find a version with the i5?I don't want to spend more money for something I won't be going that extreme with.

Have you considered building a PC? More often than not, it is more cost-effective and you'll get more bang for your buck.

I generally do not recommend purchasing an "oddly-shaped" tower like that, either. It'll be difficult to service and the ability to upgrade in the future is pretty much absent.

I did find what you were looking for on Amazon. Be aware that the GPU is the GTX 750 which is of an older generation. I'm not sure of what games/tasks you would want to use this for, but it may struggle with some settings in graphically-intensive games.

If you decide against this PC and want to pursue a custom build, I will be more than happy to help you find a budget-friendly configuration based on your needs.

I can't build a custom one.I want to but my family won't allow it.Plus it's hard for me to come up with the money anyways.I was hoping for a good gaming PC for my birthday which is coming up August 20th.

I can't build a custom one.I want to but my family won't allow it.Plus it's hard for me to come up with the money anyways.I was hoping for a good gaming PC for my birthday which is coming up August 20th.
You can build a decent gaming PC for exactly the amount this ASUS tower is. Depending on current prices and deals, it's possible to get even more computing power for a lower price.

If your family is skeptical about building PCs, show them a build tutorial video on YouTube that demonstrates how easy the process is. Describe to them that custom built PCs yield more performance for the dollar and are easy to service and upgrade (which will inherently save money).

I might be able to build one,I looked on YouTube but most of the videos I see about "building" only tell you the parts you need and dont go into actually building.

I might be able to build one,I looked on YouTube but most of the videos I see about "building" only tell you the parts you need and dont go into actually building.
I initially learned how to build from Carey Holzman - he is a very reputable and easy-to-understand computer technician. His videos are very comprehensive and go through the building process step-by-step.

Here's an example of one of his videos:

Was going to get an intel i5 but the prices are so darn high. :(

Also if you can if you can find a local computer store. They're usually cheaper than buying computer parts from online (since y'know don't have to pay S&H and a slightly racked up price) and also if your computer store is worth its' $$$ it will offer to build the computer for you right there if you're uncomfortable doing so.

I was able to build a fairly nice computer for $950 that would've cost me otherwise about a grand or so just cause I decided to visit a local computer store instead of buying the parts online. Now that isn't always the case (especially in the instance of Best Buy) but if you can find a good reputable local store then I'd strongly recommend it but if not then online works just as well.

I wet to my local radio shack but they didn't have the parts I need.*If you don't know radio shack is a tech business.*

I don't think so.Inhavent noticed any.The only tech shop that I know of is Radio Shack.

Good to know.Can anyone recommend me a good site for Gaming PC parts at a good price?

My parents are cheap,maybe up to a little over 900$ if I sacrifice getting a car,which I don't mind because I don't need one.

Back