Graphics Problem Water Graphical Issue [FIXED]

Marc Swordbreaker

Notorious Pirate
Screenshot (253).png
Screenshot (254).png

These images show how the water in my game (at least on Raven's Cove) is completely transparent. This leads to some unappealing clipping with the walls and scenery. I'm not sure if this is isolated to my computer, or if there is something up with my graphical settings.
Screenshot (252).png

Here are my current settings. I am using OpenGL

Any help is much appreciated.

TLOPO hasn't fixed the positioning of the water overlays on many of the islands including Raven's Cove, which is the cause of this issue. Here's an example of the overlay for Raven's Cove. The alpha layer and color layer are z-fighting because the Panda3D model viewer isn't the best but here it is. The white areas on the alpha layer are rendered as totally transparent whereas the black areas are rendered as fully opaque in the game.
upload_2018-1-14_21-20-16.png upload_2018-1-14_21-22-17.png
Basically these are not positioned correctly around many of the islands causing the entirely transparent water. You can really clearly see this while on a ship ingame. Most notably Padres Del Fuego and Raven's Cove.
upload_2018-1-14_21-28-26.png upload_2018-1-14_21-31-50.png

TLOPO hasn't fixed the positioning of the water overlays on many of the islands including Raven's Cove, which is the cause of this issue. Here's an example of the overlay for Raven's Cove. The alpha layer and color layer are z-fighting because the Panda3D model viewer isn't the best but here it is. The white areas on the alpha layer are rendered as totally transparent whereas the black areas are rendered as fully opaque in the game.
View attachment 98824 View attachment 98826
Basically these are not positioned correctly around many of the islands causing the entirely transparent water. You can really clearly see this while on a ship ingame. Most notably Padres Del Fuego and Raven's Cove.
View attachment 98827 View attachment 98828
I've noticed that too. That makes it look rather weird and unnatural.

View attachment 98824 View attachment 98826
View attachment 98827 View attachment 98828
All this time I thought that was the beach sand looking from the ship angle? Leave it, looks more real to me.

All this time I thought that was the beach sand looking from the ship angle? Leave it, looks more real to me.
Disagree, you can clearly see the sand is beneath the islands and the water. It makes it look extremely broken and aesthetically unpleasing, not to mention you can see where the island terrain just suddenly stops and appears as if the islands are floating.

Disagree, you can clearly see the sand is beneath the islands and the water. It makes it look extremely broken and aesthetically unpleasing, not to mention you can see where the island terrain just suddenly stops and appears as if the islands are floating.
Okay. But islands do float.
Well, most islands.

Last edited:
Back