Weapons....and what they mean (to me)

Alvis

Honorable Pirate
First off: I'm glad there are people who like these threads. The thing is, this was a huge accident. When I did my Islands.....and their meaning thread: it was supposed to be factual on the translations of the foreign names. I got bored and just my opinion on all of them. And people had a ball with it. So I did it again. And again. And again. And now I'm here. So to all who like these threads, thanks a bunch. I'm running out of ideas on what to put next, so drop the suggestions if you have any ideas. Next one will def be about the respawning bosses. Because....that and the rare bosses are all I can think of right now. So...there's the only two I can think of. (I promise, it'll get humorous. The swords are more my opinion than anything)

Also, I'm just gonna use the class of weapons, not a specific weapon

Cutlass: "You'll need more than just a cutlass, if you're to challenge the likes of Jolly Roger" Since Disney showed no effort to have a storyline quest chain against Jolly, this linBre always bothered me. 90% of the time, story quests only had you kill undead just because they had things you needed, not cause they were undead. But anyone who has seen my past threads know my position on cutlasses: STOP CLICK SPAMMING. That is all. Also, why do so many people use Sweep? it's so useless, especially now that we have broadswords.

Sabre: Speed gets you nothing in this game. We have so little HP that it's not even worth it to take little chuncks of health out at once. Completely useless

Broadsword: It's a sword. That's broad. That is OP as heck. I love it. I may be biased because I'm a religious Colossus flagship looter.....but this thing is just...amazing. Dragoon's Broadsword is the most OP.

Pistol: Take Aim is all you need to succeed in life. Thank you and good night

Blunderbuss: So short ranged, it's hardly useful. Yes, it's a shotgun, but Take Aim is so effective, that using a pistol is a whole lot faster. Taking the time it takes to release Half Life 3 to reload doesn't help matters at all.

Musket: This is by far the most accurate musket I've ever used. Why didn't the Americans use it in the Revolutionary War?

Dagger: One thing that drove me crazy after the weapons update: PEOPLE BECAME OBSESSED WITH DEEP FREEZE AND FOULBERTO. For the love of the Christmas tree star, just because something is rare does not mean it's worth spending 20 minutes to kill one guy to get. It ruined my favorite weapon out of the bunch. Thank you and goodnight.

Throwing Knives: .....why? They're gonna come after you anyways, and they don't do enough damage to really do anything. Besides, you have sidewinder and viper's nest. That should be enough to put a dent in the health

Grenades: A moment of silence for those who mastered these without jacksbrew and before darkhart glitch. They died of old age.

Voodoo Staff: All you need in life is a pointy stick that will let you use the dead to damage every foe around you, and to cast fire with it. That is the way to success, fellas.

I wasn't around in the time of weapon variety, so this guide proves somewhat useful to me lol. I'm gathering that I should just hope to get a broadsword and call it good? :p Also, what's wrong with sweep? When I last played POTCO it was still a good attack lol so please enlighten me on what changed since I left to make it useless.

I wasn't around in the time of weapon variety, so this guide proves somewhat useful to me lol. I'm gathering that I should just hope to get a broadsword and call it good? :p Also, what's wrong with sweep? When I last played POTCO it was still a good attack lol so please enlighten me on what changed since I left to make it useless.
Broadswords happened. And sweep is just not worth it to me. Not that much damage, and if you're fighting a large group of enemies, there's really no use to use a cutlass. It just looks like some kid playing with a sword.

maybe you could legendary weapons only? maybe fish but that might be a real hard one rip
I found the new minigames more boring than anything, so fishing is never gonna happen. As for famed weapons...I'll see. I only used 1. Corsair's Cutlass. It was a Lost Relic Weapon

Broadswords happened.
That still doesn't mean a whole lot to me besides what you said about them being slow & powerful? But thanks anyway lol, worst case scenario I just find out through experience once the game opens.

I found the new minigames more boring than anything, so fishing is never gonna happen.
Remember the good old days when ship repair was just you using a hammer on the repair spot and watching the horizon as the ship's health increased slowly? I wish it was still that way instead of the repair mini-games. Keep those on shore for money.

tbh the repair mini games annoy me to bits its such a chore now that very rarely people repair the ship unless they're a close friends with the captain and they ask them to

How could you say that the blunderbusses are useless, they are one the most powerful weapon classes in the game.

As for suggestions you could do one for all the minigames. I know you've said that they are boring but perhaps you played them enough to know at least a little about each one.

How could you say that the blunderbusses are useless, they are one the most powerful weapon classes in the game.

As for suggestions you could do one for all the minigames. I know you've said that they are boring but perhaps you played them enough to know at least a little about each one.

Yes, they are powerful, but they're way too close range and take way too long to reload. I'm better off shooting with a musket if I just wanna one shot them.

That is an interesting idea, yes I have played all the minigames. That could be a future idea, since I find negativity to be more entertaining than positivity

That still doesn't mean a whole lot to me besides what you said about them being slow & powerful? But thanks anyway lol, worst case scenario I just find out through experience once the game opens.

Remember the good old days when ship repair was just you using a hammer on the repair spot and watching the horizon as the ship's health increased slowly? I wish it was still that way instead of the repair mini-games. Keep those on shore for money.
Yes I do. But that was only in Privateering. And you could only repair when the sails weren't being used.

As for broadswords, the replacements for slash, cleave, and flourish attack everyone around you. That's why.

First off: I'm glad there are people who like these threads. The thing is, this was a huge accident. When I did my Islands.....and their meaning thread: it was supposed to be factual on the translations of the foreign names. I got bored and just my opinion on all of them.

I love these, but if you were gonna do the factual ones, I think that would be super interesting as well. Also I like using sweep. Granted I hadn't played since like 2007 or 2008 or something.

I love these, but if you were gonna do the factual ones, I think that would be super interesting as well. Also I like using sweep. Granted I hadn't played since like 2007 or 2008 or something.

If I were to do that, I'd have to do research and reference all my sources. As much as I love history: Northwestern Hemisphere is 90% Natives dying from smallpox and disease, 9 % Natives signing their land to soon to be Americans, and 1% Trail of Tears and Trail of Death type of stuff. Not that interesting

Back