Suggestion Weather Ideas

Hello!

My name is Edgar, and I have an extreme passion for weather. I have noticed that new weather was being added, and I have a few ideas.

- Fog

While sailing, fog storms could roll in blocking your view. The visibility wont be reduced too extremely, but enough to allow those enemy ships to suddenly appear out of the fog instead of entering your render. These storms could cover a certain sea at a time, such as the windward and leewards passages surrounded Port Royal. Or perhaps just around Cuba then drift to Tortuga. It is also possible that the entire Caribbean is shrouded in these storms. They could last 5 to maybe 15 minutes to add a little bit of fun to sailors. They wouldn't do any real harm other than sailors getting lost. The storms could be weak , such as barely noticeable, or they could be a down right nightmare, especially if they happen at night.

- Hurricanes

This one may be tricky to implement, but lets give it a shot. As we all know, hurricanes in the real Caribbean are common. It would be epic if these large storms could envelop certain seas of the Caribbean. Inside, your ship will take damage, so you'd want to port quickly. It would also contain really powerful enemy ships that dare to brave this weather, such as The Flying Dutchman. Loot could be raised significantly should someone manage to take down an enemy ship in a storm like this. These storms would batter your haul and tear down your sails, as well as rock your ship making aiming at other ships all the more harder. They could also snuff out your fireballs, turning them into regular cannon balls. So make sure you are near that enemy ship. In addition, visibility would be near 0, so you and yer mates are sure to get lost. Every pirates could get a warning saying "Ye large cyclone be headed this way, matie. Dock ya ship before she sinks!"

- Wind Storms

While hurricanes are fun, another neat idea to implement would be wind storms. Perhaps a strong wind from the north makes it so that a ship that can travel 10 knots in calm weather, can only travel 4 knots while headed north, and 15 while headed south, as the wind would push the vessel. It would also take a toll on ones ship if they where to head perpendicular to the winds. This "toll" could be a broken sail.

This post will be added to if I think of new ideas. Suggest ideas and comment below!

Last edited:
Back