Announcement Web server improvement

Well I have a question. So basically Pirates online has beta keys because the server (I mean machine/machines) simply cant handle big amounts of players. And i doubt that they are going to get rid of that system because that means upgrading server and internet upload speed (Aint gonna go more deeper :D). Well i quess that depends on donations that they recive because servers are expensive stuff to run especially if players cant purchases in-game features like before. So I really hope that everybody can play whenever they want because it is making the game more interesting and it will make the game look more proffesional/more thought trough!
And in future: How sustainable is the game going to be, like will it still receive donations and will it have inaf players :D
Also what arrangement keeps pirates online makers adding a little extra feature like membership or smth like that, which in my mind would bring in a whole new level of money.
Sorry for my english, it is my second language :)

And i doubt that they are going to get rid of that system because that means upgrading server and internet upload speed
This system will go away eventually, they do have plans to make the game more stable and able to support more players as time goes on.

Well i quess that depends on donations that they recive because servers are expensive stuff to run
like will it still receive donations
The TLOPO team will not be accepting donations, they have the costs covered :)

what arrangement keeps pirates online makers adding a little extra feature like membership or smth like that, which in my mind would bring in a whole new level of money.
Due to copyright issues with Disney owning rights to the game, they are not allowed to make money on this game. Don't worry about money, everything is handled!

Won't the server need more improvements to handle the load once open beta comes out i expect the load will be HUGE cause we already have 35k+ accounts and to have thousands of accounts loading in the game i feel like web and game server will need touch ups and more.

Won't the server need more improvements to handle the load once open beta comes out i expect the load will be HUGE cause we already have 35k+ accounts and to have thousands of accounts loading in the game i feel like web and game server will need touch ups and more.
You are exactly correct!

Well thanks for the replies!
I really hope that tlopo team has some deep wallets cause these servers are going to cost lots of money :D
I personally was running a mc server which I had to shut down due to lack of server and internet upload speed.
But anyway I really hope that they fix those mentioned bugs and make the game available 24/7 cause I will be playing the hell out of it with my friends :D
But if someone knows more precisely about servers that are running it I would like to discuss further more about them and also about improvements!
Sorry for my englsih :D

Back