Discussion What end-game activities would you like to see in-game?

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
Looting for weapons probably gets boring after a while. If you were able to add (relatively simple) mechanics and/or end-game activities to the game, what would they be? Think easily expandable and long-term.

Fire away!

I think it would be hard for the devs to get away from looting being the endgame, but I definitely think that there is room for much more enemy mechanics that require some forms of coordination and/or balanced weapon use. For example, more necessary use of ghost form swords and doll healers to combat a mechanically harder enemy.

I feel there needs to be some type of option available for a player to RETIRE a particular pirate of theirs.

Back during POTCO's time, a particular nemesis of a player I denoted as "hacker" to the game (whom outright distributed 'widely' POTCO's code across the net so that others may do the same) spoke to myself once about how he was able to utilize the bones :xbones: of basic pirates of players left abandoned (as result of those accounts too not being used/left abandoned). As such, I feel this idea below (and facets of it) can be achieved and implemented into TLOPO.

DAVY JONES' LOCKER
Utilize the very glitchy/buggy nature of POTCO's code to where a separate island is deemed, "The Locker." Going off of what the POTC films portrayed, the possibilities are really endless if TLOPO devs allow their imagination to take over! :magic:

Not only could Sea water take the place of land/land take the place of Sea water, if TLOPO implements such an idea it would likely permit the following:
  • Those pirates TLOPO players would like to "retire" or see an end would forever be stuck/marooned to the confined boundaries of the island (ie, no teleporting away, no sails set, no relogging at all to other islands or activities within the game, etc.)
  • Recognition in-game. Simply put, players are not only extremely proud of the pirates they have created but also they are proud of the TIME and hours they had spent role-playing in such a way. *So, why not give players recognition as such? ;) Hence, TLOPO devs creating some sort of makeshift "plaque," plankboard, stone, or masonry brick in-game (on the 'non-Locker' side) at a designated area so that all whom may pass by may look and ponder at said pirate's name, level, and guild.
  • Protection for TLOPO. :piratemickey: With an (in-game) facet imagineered and implemented by TLOPO alone and not Disney via POTCO (regardless of content that was released or not for POTCO), TLOPO would have furthered their own level of protection from copyright law...taking into account something learned but put into practice/creating something "original" (which Disney would only sympathize with/support)

Last edited by a moderator:
More lvls, special weapons quest that are actually worth questing for (equal to or better then looting ones). Maybe options at certain lvls to purchase special bright clothing, different hair colors (like pink, purple, blue, etc) and tattoos. Has to be something really nice, and unique to make ppl want to lvl up to that point. This way those that put in the time to lvl up can have something no other low lvl can have. It will make players want to play and lvl up and if the weapons are really good, actually quest (lvl 50 + only on these special weapon quest). It will make lvl 50's and higher stronger then low lvls and be more balance in pvp..as in a lvl 30 isnt going to easy defeat a fully max lvl 50. For svs, special quest for special items in helping a high lvl pirate in svs. PLEASE DO NOT THINK AWFUL PEDDLER CLOTHES ARE "SPECIAL", most ppl do not ever buy from them (very bad designs imo, but that was from disney anyways).

I feel there needs to be some type of option available for a player to RETIRE a particular pirate of theirs.

Back during POTCO's time, a particular nemesis of a player I denoted as "hacker" to the game (whom outright distributed 'widely' POTCO's code across the net so that others may do the same) spoke to myself once about how he was able to utilize the bones :xbones: of basic pirates of players left abandoned (as result of those accounts too not being used/left abandoned). As such, I feel this idea below (and facets of it) can be achieved and implemented into TLOPO.

DAVY JONES' LOCKER
Utilize the very glitchy/buggy nature of POTCO's code to where a separate island is deemed, "The Locker." Going off of what the POTC films portrayed, the possibilities are really endless if TLOPO devs allow their imagination to take over! :magic:

Not only could Sea water take the place of land/land take the place of Sea water, if TLOPO implements such an idea it would likely permit the following:
  • Those pirates TLOPO players would like to "retire" or see an end would forever be stuck/marooned to the confined boundaries of the island (ie, no teleporting away, no sails set, no relogging at all to other islands or activities within the game, etc.)
  • Recognition in-game. Simply put, players are not only extremely proud of the pirates they have created but also they are proud of the TIME and hours they had spent role-playing in such a way. *So, why not give players recognition as such? ;) Hence, TLOPO devs creating some sort of makeshift "plaque," plankboard, stone, or masonry brick in-game (on the 'non-Locker' side) at a designated area so that all whom may pass by may look and ponder at said pirate's name, level, and guild.
  • Protection for TLOPO. :piratemickey: With an (in-game) facet imagineered and implemented by TLOPO alone and not Disney via POTCO (regardless of content that was released or not for POTCO), TLOPO would have furthered their own level of protection from copyright law...taking into account something learned but put into practice/creating something "original" (which Disney would only sympathize with/support)
I love the locker idea and there happens to be a place on Ravens cove in the Foulberto cave. Just before entering the area of Foulberto, within his specific area there is a wooden tie beam area which you fall into. Its a very large room completely white with glowing walls Pirate heaven ..lol

More lvls, special weapons quest that are actually worth questing for (equal to or better then looting ones). Maybe options at certain lvls to purchase special bright clothing, different hair colors (like pink, purple, blue, etc) and tattoos. Has to be something really nice, and unique to make ppl want to lvl up to that point. This way those that put in the time to lvl up can have something no other low lvl can have. It will make players want to play and lvl up and if the weapons are really good, actually quest (lvl 50 + only on these special weapon quest). It will make lvl 50's and higher stronger then low lvls and be more balance in pvp..as in a lvl 30 isnt going to easy defeat a fully max lvl 50. For svs, special quest for special items in helping a high lvl pirate in svs. PLEASE DO NOT THINK AWFUL PEDDLER CLOTHES ARE "SPECIAL", most ppl do not ever buy from them (very bad designs imo, but that was from disney anyways).
I'm in agreement. I know there is a War Sloop behind the secret peddlers shop inside a cove that I would love to own because it it would only be available . I
would farmer for hours just to own it. On a smaller scale , perhaps on the clothing side, towns people attire, like barmaids, blacksmith, Elizabeth Swan wear, hair pieces, new hairstyles and of course a horse or dog!!

I'm in agreement. I know there is a War Sloop behind the secret peddlers shop inside a cove that I would love to own because it it would only be available . I
would farmer for hours just to own it. On a smaller scale , perhaps on the clothing side, towns people attire, like barmaids, blacksmith, Elizabeth Swan wear, hair pieces, new hairstyles and of course a horse or dog!!
Looting for weapons probably gets boring after a while. If you were able to add (relatively simple) mechanics and/or end-game activities to the game, what would they be? Think easily expandable and long-term.

Fire away!
Hmm... there are tons of things I'd like to see added to the game but most are not what I'd call end game things, more game improvements and expansion type things, many of which would stave off the whole end game issue.

For actual end game activities I'd like Easter egg hunts and contests.

DAVY JONES' LOCKER

I respectfully disagree and am not sure that this "forever" stuck island is a great idea..

Undoubtedly we will see players regret their decision and come back later and say "Man I wish I wouldn't have retired that pirate..." Possibly even going as far as trying to get TLOPO to "retrieve their pirate."

and with the protection thing, hasn't TLOPO already added quite a few unique features?

Hallowed Woods, and Forsaken Shallows, as well as lots of little things like new clothing.

I don't know, this is hard with game that has only one focus when really it has other than things.

I think the end-game should be based as factions (factions as in only two groups Spanish or French) or guilds, guilds play a big part and figuring out a way to incorporate them more would be great. Some sort of territory claiming and then being rewarded. Like an island that is free of claim on each server. So guilds can pick which server is their homebase. In order to claim another guild's territory you must have like more power kinda like in Minecraft Factions. This could be based on deaths, amount of players, and levels. So if they have all their stats maxed they would get whatever power. Now, I don't know what the territory would give you as benefits maybe permanent all weapon strength and healing or something idk.

I don't know, this is hard with game that has only one focus when really it has other than things.

I think the end-game should be based as factions (factions as in only two groups Spanish or French) or guilds, guilds play a big part and figuring out a way to incorporate them more would be great. Some sort of territory claiming and then being rewarded. Like an island that is free of claim on each server. So guilds can pick which server is their homebase. In order to claim another guild's territory you must have like more power kinda like in Minecraft Factions. This could be based on deaths, amount of players, and levels. So if they have all their stats maxed they would get whatever power. Now, I don't know what the territory would give you as benefits maybe permanent all weapon strength and healing or something idk.

I disagree with this a lot.There are already games out there that do this. If I wanted this feature I would play them. I like the aspect that I dont have to be in a guild in TLOPO. There are actually few players out there dont like guilds and this would make us feel left out of a part of the game just cause we choose to play solo. That isnt fair imo.

Personally for endgame I would love to see something like Raids in other games added.. They could work sort of like the black pearl boss battle but with Difficult to defeat bosses.. Some raids could feature Sea creatures or Boss ships for those that love sailing over land combat. Each boss could drop unique type weapons, clothing or sailing items.
For guilds there could also be a leaderboard that shows what guild defeated insert boss name here the fastest. This would give guilds something to do together or groups of friends.
I'm not sure if this would be something easy to add but I just wanted to put it here..

I respectfully disagree and am not sure that this "forever" stuck island is a great idea..

Undoubtedly we will see players regret their decision and come back later and say "Man I wish I wouldn't have retired that pirate..." Possibly even going as far as trying to get TLOPO to "retrieve their pirate."

and with the protection thing, hasn't TLOPO already added quite a few unique features?

Hallowed Woods, and Forsaken Shallows, as well as lots of little things like new clothing.
No worries, man. I understand. (I thought about your 'first' point already).
  1. TLOPO implements some safeguard notification which asks the player, "Are ye sure thar, matey? By clicking OK/agree, thy soul of yer pirate will be lost to Davy Jones' Locker - forever. Best be thinkin' twice, says I, but if yer BLACK heart agrees understand also matey Dead Men Tell No Tales!"
  2. Perhaps you're right. I have no idea, really, what Hallowed Woods and Forsaken Shallows each entail. But on matters relative to Disney, "any" remake is going to have to do something to which outsiders - including Disney - understand (not just TLOPO/ex-POTCO players). *As such, because of the popularity of the POTC films, this might explain some of my own reasoning behind why the Davy Jones' LOCKER concept might help outsiders understand better what TLOPO devs have done (on their own) in so far as understanding what POTCO was and how TLOPO has expanded upon it.

Back