What is the best way to grind out 5 Sailing levels?

Like robert said, get a friend to let you use their ship and get a crew.. go on a few mat/loot runs with them maybe. seemed to help some of my friends :)

Max round shot and whatever other cannonball your ship uses. Target the ships that give the most rep while still sinking relatively quickly. Sail solo because gunners steal rep, OR have your gunners aim for sails until you get good broadsides in. I leveled up very quickly using these methods.

Having gunners shoot at sails is a great way to get rep. Bounty Hunter Hunting is also good, if you have a crew that can sink them quickly.

Also, borrow someone's Storm Chaser ship - a single thunderbolt gives you slightly less rep than three round shots (not 100% sure if this applies to sailing too, but I believe it does). Explosives only give around four times as much exp, and copperhead's chance is much lower, so storm is the way to go.

The hunters group on Abassa, near Padres Del Fuego is also a good way to level sailing. Make sure you have a decent crew (at least 4 people) and sail away! Try using a warship (a guildmates, a friends, etc) because people are more likely to board those than standard class ship. That's how I got to sailing level 15 :D

The best way to level sailing is by, well, sailing.
When you sink ships, you gain points, and subsequently, you level up.
Likewise, the best way to play the game is by playing it, generally speaking of course.
Maybe someone can ask the devs for a way to win the game without actually playing it, but I'm not so sure they're gonna go for it...
Savor it!

I'm sorry, but I always have to laugh at all the inquiries and requests to make the game easier to play or not to have to play at all, while still pretending to be playing the game.

The best way to level sailing is by, well, sailing.
When you sink ships, you gain points, and subsequently, you level up.
Likewise, the best way to play the game is by playing it, generally speaking of course.
Maybe someone can ask the devs for a way to win the game without actually playing it, but I'm not so sure they're gonna go for it...
Savor it!

I'm sorry, but I always have to laugh at all the inquiries and requests to make the game easier to play or not to have to play at all, while still pretending to be playing the game.
He didn't even make any inquiries. He just asked what the best way to go about it was. There's multiple different ways to sail (abassa cluster, regular ship hunting, solo mat hunting, crew, no crew, focus sails, etc).

He didn't even make any inquiries. He just asked what the best way to go about it was. There's multiple different ways to sail (abassa cluster, regular ship hunting, solo mat hunting, crew, no crew, focus sails, etc).
I'm talking about you my friend, actually, and anyone who wants a shortcut in the game instead of playing it.
Anyone who wants the game changed, etc, are missing the point of the game.
Now I'm not going to point out the obvious, but it seems inherent that the best way to level sailing is by sailing.
So, when I see someone asking how to level on sailing, without actually sailing, I laugh.
Now I'll summarize and reiterate once again; the best and only way to level sailing is by sailing.
Likewise leveling weapons is by using them, and so on...

Back when the ship AI was as dumb as a sack of rocks, I took my galleon out and sank ogres, got 115 points almost every time.

I usually just have the left and right broadsides at rank 1 ( only 1 skill point on them ) because the more damage you do the faster you sink ships which means less rep, if you're going to solo go for the ships that are close to your sailing level because it'll take longer to sink a ship

That gives me zero explanation on how to do it efficiently..
If you haven't done the BP quest... Heck, just run through it! There's sailing quests a bunch that'll over a cumulative amount of time spike your sailing. :p

Or.. So that's what happened to me. Enemy ships weren't very nice when I wanted to go sink a single ship, so it turned into a slaughterfest. Good way to get XP though. :p

Max round shot and whatever other cannonball your ship uses. Target the ships that give the most rep while still sinking relatively quickly. Sail solo because gunners steal rep, OR have your gunners aim for sails until you get good broadsides in. I leveled up very quickly using these methods.

Yea, I sail solo a lot b/c I don't seem to be online when everyone else is.

Back