What is the closest Remake to coming out.

PirateRaider

Swashbuckler
What do you guys think the closest remake to coming out is.

Id say Black Flag Online but The Legend of Pirates Online might over take them as they have merged with Pirates online rewritten

What do you guys think the closest remake to coming out is.

Id say Black Flag Online but The Legend of Pirates Online might over take them as they have merged with Pirates online rewritten
I just want to point out that Black Flag Online isn't a POTCO remake ;) more accurately it is a brand new game that will share many similarities as POTCO, but will also have many new things. BFO does have a lot of progress, but as far as the "closest remake", I'd have to say TLOPO wins that title since they are in fact a POTCO remake. That, and we don't truly know how much progress TLOPO actually has.

I just want to point out that Black Flag Online isn't a POTCO remake ;) more accurately it is a brand new game that will share many similarities as POTCO, but will also have many new things. BFO does have a lot of progress, but as far as the "closest remake", I'd have to say TLOPO wins that title since they are in fact a POTCO remake. That, and we don't truly know how much progress TLOPO actually has.

I knew it wasnt a true remake but i still think its the closet. It seems to go faster because its not trying to copy potco

Even from what we do know, they have the most progress... and they have been hinting at a new update, that may or may not involve port royal?? (it was mentioned...)

I would have to say this one!

10887409_1482274408661622_2530173193716766458_o.png

I'd say The Legend of Pirates Online but idk whats the timeframe when you say 'close'. Cuz it could take like 3-6months imo

POTCO Minecraft isn't a real emulator :p Yes, it's a reconstruction of the virtual landscape, however, to be an emulator it needs the exact features, similar source, etc.

We will be featuring everything in POTCO, and more, from guilds, to crews, to chat features, to levels, to looting, to npcs, the ships, to quests, to shopping buying/selling, to events, and much more. I do consider POTCO MC to be a remake of Pirates of the Caribbean Online. We will not even be using the Minecraft launcher. We're designing our own custom one. :)

But...
A. Does it use the same models, in exactly the same format, smoothed out and textured with Disney textures.
B. Is EVERY SINGLE aspect the same? The character creation? The sailing, with the exact skills from POTCO sailing? Leveling every skill?
C. Are the maps exactly the same as the original ones, i.e. Buildings with interiors have the same interiors, buildings without interiors don't have interiors...
If you answered no to any of these, it's not an emulator. It is a cool project, it will surely make people happy and give them some POTCO fun while there is no "real" POTCO, and even afterwards, but it is not the same.

Team Sly POTCO is apparently functional since February but sadly not for public.

I believe that TLOPO will be first publicly available remake.

Tales Of Mist will be latest, early months of 2017 , I hope.

That's cool, and it's REALLY close, but it's not an emluator. Those surely aren't the same models/source.

I knew it wasnt a true remake but i still think its the closet. It seems to go faster because its not trying to copy potco
BFO and POTGS arent remakes, and will not have anything similar to Potco, except for the fact that their MMO's in a pirate themed world.

Trying to compare one of these games to a remake is like comparing steak to ice cream, and asking which one makes a better desert

Also, excluding the MC version and the non-remakes, I feel as if TLOPO is the only legitimate remake, and another remake was one too, but they have joined the TLOPO project and are now considered part of them.

BFO and POTGS arent remakes, and will not have anything similar to Potco, except for the fact that their MMO's in a pirate themed world.

Trying to compare one of these games to a remake is like comparing steak to ice cream, and asking which one makes a better desert
I must disagree with one point: BFO will have multiple similarities to POTCO, considering that many of the community members and developers are ex-POTCO players. It's really a game being made based of requests from the community and preferences of the developers. But seeing as much of the community is ex-POTCO, many want POTCO-type features! As well as features from other games (such as AC4 sailing similarities).

In short you're correct that it's not a remake, but there will be multiple similarities. Just had to point that out :p

I must disagree with one point: BFO will have multiple similarities to POTCO, considering that many of the community members and developers are ex-POTCO players. It's really a game being made based of requests from the community and preferences of the developers. But seeing as much of the community is ex-POTCO, many want POTCO-type features! As well as features from other games (such as AC4 sailing similarities).

In short you're correct that it's not a remake, but there will be multiple similarities. Just had to point that out :p
What I mean by similarities is the lore behind it all. I know there will be gameplay similarities, but I also know it will be its own unique game

Back