When did fish quantity change?

Wehttamwulf

Honorable Pirate
I had not leveled up in fishing in a few months (maybe more) but noticed recently that there seems to be a sparsity of 3rd level fish now. I used to make some good gold farming the sand tiger sharks (and others) but after rotating through each station on my fishing boat ( a total of 7 different tries) there were about 80+ 1st level, which seems to be more than usual and thank god for sink lure (when you get it). 37 2nd level fish of which 10 were barracuda, 9 parrot fish, 12 tuna, but only 9 3rd level fish?! 5 sand tiger sharks, 2 Coels, 1 goblin shark, and 1 angler. There was a couple of tries that had no 3rd level fish available! Was this a deliberate reduction because it seems about half of what has usually been available? It also seems the levels are more compressed vertically as it used to take about two sinks to get the lure to the bottom. Anybody else noticed this or was I extremely unlucky? Same thing happened the previous night but I did not screenshot everything. It did make it easier to lure in a legendary though as I did not have a lot of traffic to avoid at that level. Also the loot was pretty bad. Took everything and collected 22 items-the best were three sailing charts worth a whopping 45 gold each, and 2 dolls that were worth a total of 58 gold. I caught every 3rd level that was available (they did not seem to re-spawn very readily either) and most of the 2nd level fish before i changed stations. Level 20 now though so good luck to the rest of you!

Yeah, there has been a confirmed bug with fishing. Fish aren't spawning/respawning the way they should which results in missing fish!

Last edited:
THANK YOU for posting this thread, I was mentioning this the other day to a few guild mates, I thought I was just going crazy not finding any fish!

Back