When will sailing experience be fixed?

Beastman

Honorable Pirate
The sailing experience at the moment is tremendously flawed, which is understandable for a closed beta.
Potco based it's sailing system off of ship level and relative time to sink the ship. As captain, you could just be the captain of the ship to get 115 experience from the ships your gunners were sinking.
As it stands right now, tlopo sailing experience is based on broad hit count. the more broads landed on enemy ships, the more experience gained.
When will this bug be fixed and the original sailing mechanic from potco be implemented, since this is an apples to apples remake of potco?

You may believe this is a better system (and I'm not totally against it either) but this is an apples to apples recreation of Potco
Yeah, I guess you have a point, but for now, It's a system and we have enemy and ship combat which is the bottom line so I'm not complaining :D

Yeah, I guess you have a point, but for now, It's a system and we have enemy and ship combat which is the bottom line so I'm not complaining :D
Oh yeah! For sure! I'm only complaining cause I only have sailing yet to master lol!

Oh yeah! For sure! I'm only complaining cause I only have sailing yet to master lol!
I've mastered all combat skills 3 times so far.. And sailing only once. And sailing took 3 days during double xp, was so boring hahah

All XP is calculated by hit count. IMO i think it's a better system.
You may believe this is a better system (and I'm not totally against it either) but this is an apples to apples recreation of Potco
Im fairly certain it was hit based in potco as well. the thing that makes it feel so much worse at sea is the fact that rep per enemy per weapon is now capped at 115 without a bonus and if you sail with a crew and they shoot the hull at all you are unlikely to get the full rep for it which makes leveling sailing and cannon unbearably slow, i feel like the rep cap at sea should be lifted or raised higher

Im fairly certain it was hit based in potco as well. the thing that makes it feel so much worse at sea is the fact that rep per enemy per weapon is now capped at 115 without a bonus and if you sail with a crew and they shoot the hull at all you are unlikely to get the full rep for it which makes leveling sailing and cannon unbearably slow, i feel like the rep cap at sea should be lifted or raised higher
No it used to be per ship you'd get 115, and you didn't have to shoot the broads at all

It is per hit... Depending on your damage you do with the broadsides the more rep you will get.
Same goes for cannon

Back