Where Are You NOW? 6 Months after POTCO closed

What do you miss most about playing Potco?

• Total voters

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
Hi Guys!!! :cloverhead:
Holy Molies it's hard to believe that Potco
has been closed a whole 6 months!
WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW?
What do you miss most about Potco?
A lot of you have settled into new games,
maybe kept together with friends and guild,
some are at school, work and whatnot.
Would be nice to hear at the half year mark after Potco closing
what yall are up to and how much you miss Potco.
Take a second and share with
the forums what ya been up to!
:thewave:
Heavy into a new game? :vader:
Looking for friends to join?
Share what game and server you're
on so that friends can find you.
:rose: Happy Spring!!
I hope everyone is doing great!!
:spring:

It is hard to believe such a length of time has passed, oddly enough. For me it is quite difficult just not to be able to experience the things the game affected externally, such as the site I used to administer that has found itself now in an endless battle of politics without the game supporting it instead of exploring the much potential it has. This is not the only thing I miss that has just been blown to bits but alos just the feel online of Pirates in game and the family feel, it just was not the game you felt that had predators due to the such close feeling we all had, and was that exception to all those fictional cop shows where a predator meets a young person through an online game. Now I am not suggesting it did not have it's not so exceptional people, but, it felt like otherwise at many times. POTCO was a different and unique experience and no MMO can even dare to claim they had a community as devoted and close as ours. It really is what made POTCO what we know it as today.

Lately I have been trying to become consistent with SWTOR and am looking forward to ESO, as I recently pre-ordered it. I am hoping that I will be more closer with the people that I am with on SWTOR or join on ESO. I am looking to see if any former POTCO Players plan to do something guild-wise on ESO like some did on SWTOR. Idk why but I feel somewhere in there Captain Redhorn should be mentioned.

<------- Editing As you can tell by my icon... :Easter Egg:

Gaming:

LOTRO - Gladden Server in Dark Archive.

ESO Beta Tester - Mainly falling into programming abyss with all it's bugs so far >: P

What I've been up to:

Mainly been working on Pirates Online Rewritten creating new ideas, weapons, classes, items and a "loot" load of programming. >.<

Honestly, I just miss helping pirates and me guild mates <:/

</3

Welp, I have a broken wrist... but aside from that, things are doing well for me in the wonderful adventure of life.

As far as games go...

Minecraft - I host a private server for Kat Five Knives and I, but if you'd like to play with us sometime you're more than welcome to inquire.

Rift - both of us also play on Wolfsbane but we are not sure if we are going to stay once ESO comes out.

ESO - both of us are beta testers and we have been investigating the game lately. I do not like it as much as she does, but only because my machine is terrible at running it. May be scrounging up the funds soon to build myself a new machine.

Uhh. Hmm. mmmhhmmm.

Where am I now? I'm still on a website talking about a game that ended half a year ago. lol. < So exciting...

My life is going well. Everything is just going great!

The closing has been quite rough on me, have come to find i do get distracted at times. I know it seems silly but it does take a toll on me.

Im in my Junior year of High School, at the moment I'm attempting at the sport of tennis, I'm not the best but doing what i can.

I have weekly attempted LOTRO, some of my guild has moved there. Im hoping to get involved with them more if i can. Its rough because nothing out there is like POTCO, i was never quite a gaming person really to begin with.

Hope the spring weather arrives soon, I'm not one for the harsh summer or winter weather. My two favorite seasons are autumn and spring.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

God I MISS EVERYONE!!!!! Wow 6 whole months! with memories to last a lifetime!

I was doing Lotro, not really sure what I may be doing soon, personal things have kept me busy.

I just finished looking through my albums at such great memories.
Sorry but I just took a walk down Potco memory lane, lol. This is a long post. ;)

The great times with such awesome Pirates! I'm Linking a couple albums here, they are not that spectacular of pictures, but the memories each holds is great. A lot of friends I don't have screens of, so, I'm sorry if you aren't in there. If you have a screen you want to send me, I'd like to add it to my album. :D

So many Friends I will never forget. https://piratesforums.co/albums/friends-etc.471/view https://piratesforums.co/albums/aaahhh-friends.774/view
the Guild. I miss them all, were like family. https://piratesforums.co/albums/masters-and-skulls.653/view
and also a lot of people I never really knew well but wanted to.

Funny I suddenly miss people getting TKO'd, lol. Come on, think about it now, it WAS pretty funny. https://piratesforums.co/albums/tkos.677/view

The final days. Making new bonds with people in the last week, was so much fun.
https://piratesforums.co/albums/potco-final-memories-sept-2013.1067/view
Sorry it was a little too late for some, but I tried to make amends with people before the game closed. :)
I always tried to befriend and help as many people as I could. There were mostly great times, and also bad times the last year with the hackers and spies and threats and gosh, it was very stressful at a point when I tried to protect the guild so hard, and it was very tough to trust people towards the end. I know it hurt some of my friendships but I really did what I felt I had to do to protect the guild. It was very frustrating for me when I tried so hard and some people just didn't know me or understand why I did what I did.
So, I am truly sorry for mishaps, bootings, a lot of weird shtuff happened, lol.
A list of people always stuck out in my mind that I may have offended, or ones that didn't really fully understand what was going on, and ones that still may not understand or even care. I'm truly sorry :)

Sires Charles Warmonk >.<Kat>.< Ben Goldsilver James Birkshaw Bill Chiphazzard
Captain Redhorn , Johnny da Pirate , Captain Rai , Crazy Jonah, frost, Jack Fireagle,
Jack Stormgrim, TPang, TrustedX, John Yellowrat, KevinXD, and Quavo gosh.
I hope I didn't forget to list anyone.
But, I'm truly sorry for things that happened. I always did what I thought was best.

I think the Potco community was the best we will ever experience in a game.
I know you can have great friends in other games too, but I mean the overall feel of togetherness.

Thank you all for a wonderful experience of fun, friendships, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Overall, it was a blessing. Now I truly feel Disney made a mistake by closing it.
Good times, good times..

I Have Been playing Kingsisle Games Lol. but i Really Miss my friends in POTCO Most im still in contact with lots of them, but some i'm not though. Even though another remake will be the same as POTCO it won't Be in a certain Point of View it will be missing alot friends and the hearts of the game. but the friends Amd guild was the biggest part about the game if you didnt have them, then you couldnt have even played the Game.In might not make sense to some of you but its true they helped you in battle and made the game alot funner. and Idk why hacking Was a option in the poll up there Hacking was not Fun it was Really Mean. and someone that did nothing but hack in potco doesnt rly need to be here. in my opinion.

First year of high school has definitely been keeping me busy. But when I do have some free time I play various games such as:
  • Minecraft
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • War Thunder
  • Other games that are 1 time playthrough
I haven't tried to pick up any MMOs (unless you consider War Thunder an MMO) mainly because I don't like them, POTCO was the only MMO I played for a long period of time. I also have been saving up some money to get a new computer. I'm still undecided whether I want to buy or build one. I've also been learning how to code and 3D modeling, however it is very time consuming to learn how to do these things so until summer time I am putting it off.

Honestly I'm not as sad as I thought I would be for POTCO's closing. Which I consider as a good thing, because I can devote time to other things. However I am still active in the community, and following closely the two new games coming from POTCO's closing.

Poll answer: Nothing, friends are here. :drink:

God I MISS EVERYONE!!!!! Wow 6 whole months! with memories to last a lifetime!

I was doing Lotro, not really sure what I may be doing soon, personal things have kept me busy.

I just finished looking through my albums at such great memories.
Sorry but I just took a walk down Potco memory lane, lol. This is a long post. ;)

The great times with such awesome Pirates! I'm Linking a couple albums here, they are not that spectacular of pictures, but the memories each holds is great. A lot of friends I don't have screens of, so, I'm sorry if you aren't in there. If you have a screen you want to send me, I'd like to add it to my album. :D

So many Friends I will never forget. https://piratesforums.co/albums/friends-etc.471/view https://piratesforums.co/albums/aaahhh-friends.774/view
the Guild. I miss them all, were like family. https://piratesforums.co/albums/masters-and-skulls.653/view
and also a lot of people I never really knew well but wanted to.

Funny I suddenly miss people getting TKO'd, lol. Come on, think about it now, it WAS pretty funny. https://piratesforums.co/albums/tkos.677/view

The final days. Making new bonds with people in the last week, was so much fun.
https://piratesforums.co/albums/potco-final-memories-sept-2013.1067/view
Sorry it was a little too late for some, but I tried to make amends with people before the game closed. :)
I always tried to befriend and help as many people as I could. There were mostly great times, and also bad times the last year with the hackers and spies and threats and gosh, it was very stressful at a point when I tried to protect the guild so hard, and it was very tough to trust people towards the end. I know it hurt some of my friendships but I really did what I felt I had to do to protect the guild. It was very frustrating for me when I tried so hard and some people just didn't know me or understand why I did what I did.
So, I am truly sorry for mishaps, bootings, a lot of weird shtuff happened, lol.
A list of people always stuck out in my mind that I may have offended, or ones that didn't really fully understand what was going on, and ones that still may not understand or even care. I'm truly sorry :)

Sires Charles Warmonk >.<Kat>.< Ben Goldsilver James Birkshaw Bill Chiphazzard
Captain Redhorn , Johnny da Pirate , Captain Rai , Crazy Jonah, frost, Jack Fireagle,
Jack Stormgrim, TPang, TrustedX, John Yellowrat, KevinXD, and Quavo gosh.
I hope I didn't forget to list anyone.
But, I'm truly sorry for things that happened. I always did what I thought was best.

I think the Potco community was the best we will ever experience in a game.
I know you can have great friends in other games too, but I mean the overall feel of togetherness.

Thank you all for a wonderful experience of fun, friendships, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Overall, it was a blessing. Now I truly feel Disney made a mistake by closing it.
Good times, good times..

This means a lot Pie! Thanks!

Hi Guys!!! :cloverhead:
Holy Molies it's hard to believe that Potco
has been closed a whole 6 months!
WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW?
What do you miss most about Potco?
A lot of you have settled into new games,
maybe kept together with friends and guild,
some are at school, work and whatnot.
Would be nice to hear at the half year mark after Potco closing
what yall are up to and how much you miss Potco.
Take a second and share with
the forums what ya been up to!
:thewave:
Heavy into a new game? :vader:
Looking for friends to join?
Share what game and server you're
on so that friends can find you.
:rose: Happy Spring!!
I hope everyone is doing great!!
:spring:
Well i have been playing minecraft and they are coming out with a new toontown

Really not a whole lot has changed. During the closing of pirates I really wasn't on as much and saying good bye to every one. Mostly been playing Xbox but I have been looking into my future since my senior year is coming up. I have huge interest to play both pirate games and also the new toontown.:woot:

Back