Question Where do we stand on old bodies and DC clothing?

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
The Legend of Pirates Online would not be the same if old bodies and discontinued clothing just sort of became "bodies" and "clothing". What should be done to keep them rare? Is there a statement that I missed? If not, I personally think they should only be available for a certain time from alpha to the first week or so of open beta. What are your thoughts?

I think all bodies should be offered at all times no need to make them rare really and clothes should be as the time of season of course. To me that was a disney failure taking away stuff like old bodies we all enjoyed or liked.
"Rare treasure" is a common staple among pirate games, and it was a pretty nice touch. However, you made me think of another problem which broke POTCO before: account trading. This may not be a problem since paid memberships are no longer a thing, though.

I still am debating if I would return to POTCO-Remake however, I will display how and what I think would be the best way to keep clothing rare and achievable without ruining the game.

Firstly, let me say what I think SHOULD not be changed such as. All the basic clothing rules should apply in in terms of the shop, peddlers, and the creation clothing should not be changed prior to POTCO's closing. This is to avoid looting for outfits to be obsolete, if we could simple create a singular perfect outfit, nobody would want to LOOT for clothing, thereby lowering the passion for looting.

What I DO think should be added, is that ALL clothing (Expect Peddler and quest clothing) should be loot able in different colors. (This includes Dark Black Dealer Shirt, Bright Red Embellished Vest, Ect.) Making a wider range of lootable clothing making it hard to simple collect all the brights, thus, making each pirates clothing stand out more. (Possibly a needed clothing inventory expansion as well...)

Old bodies were confirmed to be released with the new ones.

As for Trading/Gifting I STRONGLY Oppose. If POTCO were at any point able to trade weapons this would NOT ONLY create MUCH MORE drama in the POTCO community.... It would also ruin the POTCO experience....

However, I have written down many programming and ideas for POTCO involving players who loot a duplicate legendary weapon may (upgrade) their current legendary weapon (To a max of 3 times) Increasing it's DMG, Skill cooldown, and stats.

However, this is just.... :2 cents:

I still am debating if I would return to POTCO-Remake however, I will display how and what I think would be the best way to keep clothing rare and achievable without ruining the game.

Firstly, let me say what I think SHOULD not be changed such as. All the basic clothing rules should apply in in terms of the shop, peddlers, and the creation clothing should not be changed prior to POTCO's closing. This is to avoid looting for outfits to be obsolete, if we could simple create a singular perfect outfit, nobody would want to LOOT for clothing, thereby lowering the passion for looting.

What I DO think should be added, is that ALL clothing (Expect Peddler and quest clothing) should be loot able in different colors. (This includes Dark Black Dealer Shirt, Bright Red Embellished Vest, Ect.) Making a wider range of lootable clothing making it hard to simple collect all the brights, thus, making each pirates clothing stand out more. (Possibly a needed clothing inventory expansion as well...)

Old bodies were confirmed to be released with the new ones.

As for Trading/Gifting I STRONGLY Oppose. If POTCO were at any point able to trade weapons this would NOT ONLY create MUCH MORE drama in the POTCO community.... It would also ruin the POTCO experience....

However, I have written down many programming and ideas for POTCO involving players who loot a duplicate legendary weapon may (upgrade) their current legendary weapon (To a max of 3 times) Increasing it's DMG, Skill cooldown, and stats.

However, this is just.... :2 cents:
Excellent points. I never really thought about bright variations of all the clothes. I'm just afraid some of the stuff could end up being really ugly, but heck, it'd still be rare so I'd wear it. And Charles, you have to come back for me, you and the Archive.

Many clothing people used to wear I found "Ugly" but we all must realize, everyone has their own style. The bigger the verity the better and the more you can loot! :)

Also, the matter of me coming back to POTCO would be a off-topic discussion. - Yet I will say I am still considering it...

The whole concept of having "cool, rare, collectible clothing" was never really meant to happen, but due to the decisions of the POTCO devs (removing the color wheels on a large amount of clothing), many variations of clothing did become rare and valuable.

I like the glitch that's currently in TLOPO right now that allows you to color almost any tailor piece of clothing that you want, as long as there's at least 1 piece of clothing in that category that has the color wheel option. Hopefully for full release, the TLOPO devs add the color wheel to every single piece of tailor clothing, and make bright variants of all tailor clothing able to be looted, but at a much lower rate than "plain" clothes, like linen or cotton pieces.

Common color variants of tailor clothes shouldn't be rare, that's one of the reason people's accounts got hacked in POTCO (the hackers wanted the weapons/old clothes/old body types on that account.) The team has already taken a step towards stopping that in adding old body types back so they won't be so rare, and I think they could go even further by making colored clothing available to all players.

Last edited:
I think bright clothes should be limited to a select number of clothing items. If every clothing item had a variety of brights then RNG could be quite demanding. I also think the color wheel should be available for as many vendor items as possible.

Honestly, clothing in general shouldn't be super rare. It doesn't have stats to begin with, so making something super hard to find in RNG limits options. The chance drop rate in the original POTCO felt pretty fair (I had little trouble finding a dark black tank by playing the game.) Quest clothing and peddler clothing were made to be exclusive, so those should stay as they were as well. I didn't rare clothes because they were rare anyway, I wore them for looks (I have always loved the dingy long coat.)

What about those of us who enjoyed looting for rare clothes? It brought another aspect of the game to life.

It was my opinion, and opinions vary.

There were a lot of bright clothingS I never ever possessed. I was just expressing my opinion that the way POTCO had clothing loot drops was fine in my opinion, aside from removing the color wheel on a lot of items from vendors.

I just think dofferently on the subject, my opinion doesn't supersede your's, mate. If you want more diverse clothing brights go for it, I just think that making every clothing in the game have loot able brights would make collecting even harder and more RNG than in POTCO.

I wouldn't mind more being added, but I would like a bit of moderation so that a certain bright clothing isn't extra super awesome special to have. I played months to get a dark black tank, so I am afraid of making the selection for RNG too expansive, that's all.

We just disagree, that's all. :)

It was my opinion, and opinions vary.

There were a lot of bright clothingS I never ever possessed. I was just expressing my opinion that the way POTCO had clothing loot drops was fine in my opinion, aside from removing the color wheel on a lot of items from vendors.

I just think dofferently on the subject, my opinion doesn't supersede your's, mate. If you want more diverse clothing brights go for it, I just think that making every clothing in the game have loot able brights would make collecting even harder and more RNG than in POTCO.

I wouldn't mind more being added, but I would like a bit of moderation so that a certain bright clothing isn't extra super awesome special to have. I played months to get a dark black tank, so I am afraid of making the selection for RNG too expansive, that's all.

We just disagree, that's all. :)
One problem with that that I just realized is the fact that it would be near impossible to actually loot them all. In POTCO, I wasn't far off from having all the bright jackets and sack vests. Plus, we don't even know how long or if this game will stay up.

One problem with that that I just realized is the fact that it would be near impossible to actually loot them all. In POTCO, I wasn't far off from having all the bright jackets and sack vests. Plus, we don't even know how long or if this game will stay up.
This game will probably be here for awhile

Back