Whispering

aanora

Sea Legs
I don't play with game sound on since I usually listen to music or watch videos and I always want to know when someone whispers me but that also comes with the backround sound. Is there a way there could be just a whisper noise only button, so that I know when I get a whisper if I'm not looking at the chat or perhaps afk? Not sure if that makes sense but if anyone knows what I mean feel free to elaborate! :)

Ahoy @aanora,

As of currently, there are a very limited number of audio channels the game splits audio through, being Game Music and Game Sound Effects. In The Legend of Pirates Online, there is no available method as of yet to pick different audio queues (i.e. Loot Sounds, Voodoo noises, or as you said, whisper notifications) specifically and have them play when everything else is turned off in-game.

With that being said, that is a great suggestion, and I would personally love to see a system of this sort in the game later on for even more customization to the game's user systems.

Fair Winds,
Misha

EDIT: The first mate voice audio option is a perfect example of being able to separate just a single line of audio and have it play regardless of the sound effect and music settings.

I also play with the sound off. It’s never been an issue for me but I don’t have any objections to this idea. Could be an option for the future.

I also play with the sound off. It’s never been an issue for me but I don’t have any objections to this idea. Could be an option for the future.
I wonder how many people do play with the sound off. Remember when it was a thing with I think both windows and mac to turn it off so you didn't crash? Since I have it set to off forever, I wonder if that was fixed.

As a matter of fact, I turn off my video sometimes just for grins and come back to see where I went or ended up. Blind beta testing.

I wonder how many people do play with the sound off. Remember when it was a thing with I think both windows and mac to turn it off so you didn't crash? Since I have it set to off forever, I wonder if that was fixed.

As a matter of fact, I turn off my video sometimes just for grins and come back to see where I went or ended up. Blind beta testing.
It’s been fixed.

Ahoy @aanora,

As of currently, there are a very limited number of audio channels the game splits audio through, being Game Music and Game Sound Effects. In The Legend of Pirates Online, there is no available method as of yet to pick different audio queues (i.e. Loot Sounds, Voodoo noises, or as you said, whisper notifications) specifically and have them play when everything else is turned off in-game.

With that being said, that is a great suggestion, and I would personally love to see a system of this sort in the game later on for even more customization to the game's user systems.

Fair Winds,
Misha

EDIT: The first mate voice audio option is a perfect example of being able to separate just a single line of audio and have it play regardless of the sound effect and music settings.
Totally! Thank you for supporting my idea :D

Back