Discussion Why bother with fixing pointless glitches?

Rango

Pirate
You fix the loot bug because of abuse "as if getting trash loot is a concern for the team" and then fixing that bug makes sailing not even worth it anymore? Am I getting this right? Who cares if people abused it, it's not like it was a god mode glitch or serious exploit. Also, is there no test server for this sort of thing?
1524811270182.jpg

You fix the loot bug because of abuse "as if getting trash loot is a concern for the team" and then fixing that bug makes sailing not even worth it anymore? Am I getting this right? Who cares if people abused it, it's not like it was a god mode glitch or serious exploit. Also, is there no test server for this sort of thing? View attachment 106459
im sorry did something happen to sailing loot? because i get a famed every time i have 4 plus skulls and get a famed a few times while having one or two

That would be an amazing ratio as another who kept records of over 3000 skulls only gets a fame every 25 to 30 skulls, and very regular as well.
So perhaps, sailing loot is different?
Yeah i dont know what it is about it but the skulls almost always have a famed?
screenshot_2018-08-10_06-38-54.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_07-00-00.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_07-20-26.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_09-37-15.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_09-42-24.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_09-53-26.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-10_10-19-22.jpg

All of these happened on the same day within a couple of hours. 8-10-18
And all of these were mat runs

andaba, very early in the morning just doing mat runs
On your examples, are you clearing off other containers to show the skulls better? I ask because the iron is high which tells me perhaps you were churning hunters each time. Isn't that what you mean by mat run?
Also, I think there's something to getting multiple skulls per manifest that ups the ratio odds. 4 or 5 at one time as opposed to 4 or 5 over a half hours time. There just has to be something different about the parameters with sailing loot. It's like taking out 3 or 4 bosses at one time.
Plus I figured you may have been talking about sailing as well.

LOL, some players get good loot in skulls, the complainers not so much.

But as far as fixing glitches, the easy ones get fixed because, well, they're easy. Makes sense to me. Eventually, there will be new bugs and we'll hardly remember all the ones they fixed.

LOL, some players get good loot in skulls, the complainers not so much.

But as far as fixing glitches, the easy ones get fixed because, well, they're easy. Makes sense to me. Eventually, there will be new bugs and we'll hardly remember all the ones they fixed.
Why am i seeing the same 20 to 50 names for months mobbing bosses on the busiest servers? Where are the other 250 people?

On your examples, are you clearing off other containers to show the skulls better? I ask because the iron is high which tells me perhaps you were churning hunters each time. Isn't that what you mean by mat run?
Also, I think there's something to getting multiple skulls per manifest that ups the ratio odds. 4 or 5 at one time as opposed to 4 or 5 over a half hours time. There just has to be something different about the parameters with sailing loot. It's like taking out 3 or 4 bosses at one time.
Plus I figured you may have been talking about sailing as well.
These runs typically end with about 1-4 skulls and the rest are rare and normal ship materials. every container of each run is shown here

I'm asking because I'm not a big looter or sailor.
Does this mean if you keep going all that is left to show on the left side is skull? Because I show a bunch of different containers all the time with maybe a skull here and there.
I don't even really know the difference of mat runs as opposed to other runs.

That would be an amazing ratio as another who kept records of over 3000 skulls only gets a fame every 25 to 30 skulls, and very regular as well.
So perhaps, sailing loot is different?
It is true that sailing loot is different and that you get more famed per skull chest from sailing but a famed every 4 seems likely to be an exaggeration to me and I do sail quite a bit and my runs tend to be loot runs. You also have to consider that sailing skulls are harder to come by than land ones, so, a higher percentage of famed per skull makes sense for that reason.

Does this mean if you keep going all that is left to show on the left side is skull? Because I show a bunch of different containers all the time with maybe a skull here and there.
Im no expert,

But essentially if your ship has 24 cargo slots, you can collect 24 different types of cargo. Cargo in potco has certain rarities, skull chests and rare materials being the top i believe. If you have full 24/24 cargo full of loot chests and pouches, if you get a skull you will get rid of a loot pouch and replace it with that skull.

Now I believe in the earlier days of tlopo sailing if you were to do this and replace a loot pouch with a skull, the loot pouch would disappear off of the loot list, but still show up with loot as if it werent replaced on the screen when you dock along with the skull you got.

Recently, i think they have fixed this to where you ONLY get the loot on the list when you are sailing, so when you get a skull and it knocks out a loot chest it will ACTUALLY replace it and you will NOT get the loot from that loot chest when you dock. This was how it was originally in POTCO and the correct way.

So essentially if you are on a run of any kind NOW (with 0/24 cargo) and get a bunch of loot chests and pouches (going up to 24/24) and then after get a bunch of rare and normal mats and that completely fill up all of your cargo slots so that you ONLY see Rare materials and normal materials on the cargo list, this will cause you to only get SHIP MATERIALS when you dock because all of your loot containers were knocked out.

So when you are on a run remember that Skulls, Rare Ship Materials, and Ship Materials can not be knocked out, and can knock other things like loot chest and pouches out.

In the end what you see is now what you get
Also TLDR amiright

OK, a mat run is for ship materials and they come from hunters (regular mats) and warships (rare mats). You start getting mats after you fill the cargo hold and trigger the hunters who start chasing you and which you sink. Each hunter gives one regular/common mat chest and sometimes other loot, which may or may not stay in the cargo, depending on what type of loot it is. After a short period of time sinking hunters, warships come after you as well. At this point, you have both hunters and warships chasing you. For every warship you sink, you get a rare ship material chest, and sometimes other loot as well, just like the hunters drop. You can sink both hunters and warships until the cargo hold is filled with ship mats and loot skull chests. If you sail until full, you'll only get ship materials (rare and common) and any skulls you may have acquired. All other loot is forfeit, such as cargo crates, loot pouches, royal chests and loot chests (excepting of course loot skull chests, which stay on board). There will be some gold left for ya, but it aint much.

A loot run is where you don't sink any hunters or warships, but keep sailing until your cargo is full of the best chests, be they skulls, royals or regular loot. You can sail as long as you like, but eventually your cargo hold will fill up with loot skulls, which means you're full and cannot acquire any more anything.
Typically, you'll spend well over an hour if you're trying to fill up on skulls only, and it's almost impossible to do because regular ships will randomly start dropping ship materials, which fill in one of the slots in the cargo hold of the ship.
The goal here is to get loot and gold and avoid ship mats.

There are tiers of loot, where cargo is the lowest and is dropped over board in favor of better loot. Treasure chests are next lowest and also get dumped. Next are loot pouches, which will also get dumped in favor of better loot. Next come loot chests, which will also eventually get dumped as better loot comes along. Then come royals, which carry gold, very little gold. Royals get dumped for either loot skulls or any type of ship mat.
Loot Skulls, regular mats and rare mats never get dumped, and when yer full of them, you can't get anything else.

I hope I confused you well enough...

OK, a mat run is for ship materials and they come from hunters (regular mats) and warships (rare mats). You start getting mats after you fill the cargo hold and trigger the hunters who start chasing you and which you sink. Each hunter gives one regular/common mat chest and sometimes other loot, which may or may not stay in the cargo, depending on what type of loot it is. After a short period of time sinking hunters, warships come after you as well. At this point, you have both hunters and warships chasing you. For every warship you sink, you get a rare ship material chest, and sometimes other loot as well, just like the hunters drop. You can sink both hunters and warships until the cargo hold is filled with ship mats and loot skull chests. If you sail until full, you'll only get ship materials (rare and common) and any skulls you may have acquired. All other loot is forfeit, such as cargo crates, loot pouches, royal chests and loot chests (excepting of course loot skull chests, which stay on board). There will be some gold left for ya, but it aint much.

A loot run is where you don't sink any hunters or warships, but keep sailing until your cargo is full of the best chests, be they skulls, royals or regular loot. You can sail as long as you like, but eventually your cargo hold will fill up with loot skulls, which means you're full and cannot acquire any more anything.
Typically, you'll spend well over an hour if you're trying to fill up on skulls only, and it's almost impossible to do because regular ships will randomly start dropping ship materials, which fill in one of the slots in the cargo hold of the ship.
The goal here is to get loot and gold and avoid ship mats.

There are tiers of loot, where cargo is the lowest and is dropped over board in favor of better loot. Treasure chests are next lowest and also get dumped. Next are loot pouches, which will also get dumped in favor of better loot. Next come loot chests, which will also eventually get dumped as better loot comes along. Then come royals, which carry gold, very little gold. Royals get dumped for either loot skulls or any type of ship mat.
Loot Skulls, regular mats and rare mats never get dumped, and when yer full of them, you can't get anything else.

I hope I confused you well enough...
Why yes, I'm so totally confused I understand perfectly.

Back