Windows 10 The Issue?

William Firesword

Honorable Pirate
I've been trying to Remove various possibilities as to why my game crashes every four and a half minutes (Five and a half minutes now since the 1.5.7 update) and I've come to the conclusion that it is Windows 10. It's the only logical reason that my game crashes so much. I've reinstalled it 4 times, created 5 pirates and even tried on another computer (also has windows 10) and I still come up with the same result.

Does anyone else suffer from this same problem?

How much memory does your PC have? There can be many other possibility's why it isn't working, also I use W10 and the game works fine while streaming it.

Games keeps crashing after a few mins in game but only after I play the minigame. Didn't crash before the latest update. I run windows 10.
hullpatching.JPG

Open Task Manager and watch your processes memory usage. You can open it by right-clicking the start menu.

As well, determine when the issue began happening and if you were in a crew, or doing another activity.

Ok played again but the easy (left of the shipwright) first. Started and finished minigame successfully. Moved to the right hand minigame. After starting it game crashed. Noticed the minigame this side was partly finished when I joined.
minigame1.JPG

Open Task Manager and watch your processes memory usage. You can open it by right-clicking the start menu.

As well, determine when the issue began happening and if you were in a crew, or doing another activity.

Had literally just got into game. First thing I did after using the 'redeem code' CLOVER, which apparently gave me nothing? :D Anyway.... I was on my own, not in a crew and the minigame 'hard' difficulty was where I was playing. I'm on Tortuga.

The particular process to keep an eye on in Task Manager is tlopo.exe. If that shows memory usage is going up quickly and causing the game to crash after a few minutes, then we know there's a memory leak somewhere in the code that needs to be plugged up!

The particular process to keep an eye on in Task Manager is tlopo.exe. If that shows memory usage is going up quickly and causing the game to crash after a few minutes, then we know there's a memory leak somewhere in the code that needs to be plugged up!
When I boot up the game the memory usage starts at about 400mb (457.5mb before I got a screenshot) as shown in the first image. after a few minutes the game crashes. As shown in the second image, the memory usage has increased to 1,166.7mb. My pc memory usage only reached 47% though.
Capture 9.PNG
Capture 10.PNG

Had literally just got into game. First thing I did after using the 'redeem code' CLOVER, which apparently gave me nothing? :D Anyway.... I was on my own, not in a crew and the minigame 'hard' difficulty was where I was playing. I'm on Tortuga.
For some reason it just doesn't notify you on the left or make the gold drop noise. Upon checking my inventory, the amount did go up.

Back