Discussion Working out thread? Working out thread!

Yeah, I meal prep for my dinners but I just have the shakes for breakfast and lunch... I base what I do off this guy's book.

I like the My Fitness Pal app bc it tracks everything I eat in a day if I just scan it in. Careful of shakes...don't always get everything you need from them. I like Spiru-tein and it comes in like 32 different flavors. I mix it with almond milk. It gives you all the protein AND vitamins you need for a meal. Gotta make sure you get those vitamins! Some of the others just don't give you enough to last until the next meal. That's just my experience though.
-Em

I have a workout planned but haven't started it...1 workout every day. Sadly I have about 44% body fat ...yikes!

Workout 1
Push ups
Dumbbell press
Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell side raises

Workout 2
Plank
Glute Bridge
Calf raises
Bodyweight Squats

Along with walking and jumping jacks each day.
Well, if you haven't started yet....you don't know what the results will be. My oldest has his daily workout routine written on a big board, day by day. It helps keep him focused and if he misses a day...no biggie.

I like the My Fitness Pal app bc it tracks everything I eat in a day if I just scan it in. Careful of shakes...don't always get everything you need from them. I like Spiru-tein and it comes in like 32 different flavors. I mix it with almond milk. It gives you all the protein AND vitamins you need for a meal. Gotta make sure you get those vitamins! Some of the others just don't give you enough to last until the next meal. That's just my experience though.
-Em
Yeah, I've tried a lot of different things before, but this one is different. It's a meal replacement but doesn't really deplete you like other shakes do. It fills me up for hours, I'm not really hungry or craving anything for till dinner time and I've been doing it every day for about 3 months.

Yeah, I've tried a lot of different things before, but this one is different. It's a meal replacement but doesn't really deplete you like other shakes do. It fills me up for hours, I'm not really hungry or craving anything for till dinner time and I've been doing it every day for about 3 months.
Excellent! sounds like you're getting enough protein, electrolytes, and vitamins if it's lasting you that long. Even a 10 minute quick walk outside will help with exercise, heart and muscle function.

I have a workout planned but haven't started it...1 workout every day. Sadly I have about 44% body fat ...yikes!

Workout 1
Push ups
Dumbbell press
Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell side raises

Workout 2
Plank
Glute Bridge
Calf raises
Bodyweight Squats

Along with walking and jumping jacks each day.
My brother.. I feel you.

Lean meats are the best. Including lean beef, pork cuts. I can't have any mammal meat due to a severe allergy - due to a tick bite years ago.
I've found ostrich, emu, alligator meat gives me better protein than regular store bought meat, less fat, and just better for me. (And I can eat it without having a massive allergic reaction). I can also have chicken, turkey, seafood...so that helps.
Also, take a few minutes out of your day to cook for yourself from scratch. No fast food. You'd be surprised how much that helps.

❤️-Em
Thanks for all your advice. :) It'll really help as soon as I can get into it! :) I'm finishing up on some family and other personal work I had laying around, so been busy 24/7 last few days, hence my little to no activity on here :D but starting monday I can really get into it, and I'll be posting daily progress and updates :)

Thanks for all your advice. :) It'll really help as soon as I can get into it! :) I'm finishing up on some family and other personal work I had laying around, so been busy 24/7 last few days, hence my little to no activity on here :D but starting monday I can really get into it, and I'll be posting daily progress and updates :)

I may do that too

Yeah, I meal prep for my dinners but I just have the shakes for breakfast and lunch... I base what I do off this guy's book.

Yeah that's actually very good practice. :) I envy you for being able to keep it up for so long haha. :) I will probably be doing heavy breakfasts soon, and just eating small portions for lunch and diner, since they say that's what is best. :)

Yeah man! Keep us posted!

I look forward to hearing about your progress, and am around anytime you, or anyone else needs encouragement!!! Hang in there! You can do this!
-Em

Back