Worlds end glitch

Basser

Buccaneer
I read the new post about the new ships one thing that the Disney game had when the brought out the bounty hunter was Worlds end glitch any one that played the game when they but in bounty hunters probably knew this glitch. I know that you are all trying to take out bugs and glitches but this is a good glitch that I would like to see in the future to help all us pirates send these killers to the locker (where they belong).

Any glitches that give player gain, Will be removed, It's in the TOS.

The Worlds end glitch was part of the original game and they are not allowed to add it. I still love and will love this remake of the game without it, but this will not be the same game without it.

The Worlds end glitch was part of the original game and they are not allowed to add it. I still love and will love this remake of the game without it, but this will not be the same game without it.
Whos to say a mere exploit changes the entire play aspect?

Whos to say a mere exploit changes the entire play aspect?
I'm not saying that way back when this all started the aim was to get the game back to the point is was when Disney shut it down, then improve on it, the glitch was part of the former game.

I'm not saying that way back when this all started the aim was to get the game back to the point is was when Disney shut it down, then improve on it, the glitch was part of the former game.
Yes improving on it by removing glitchs that were in the original game that disney never got around fixing, Disney regarded a ton of bugs, And tlopo will fix them and add future content.

I can still sink them without it I sunk the ships of the the line like the Tally Ho with no crew or glitch I time or 2 but that was also when you could post close enough to and island that they couldn't circle you but I have worked around that now I circle and pull ship into my maelstroms of death.

This is not at all a glitch but more a strategy. It does not break, harm, or exploit gameplay anyway.

Actually it pretty much breaks the entire purpose of a Hunter or Warship to hunt down and sink ships plaguing the EITC and Navy. It's like being able to farm a boss without any risk of damage and an entire gain of materials.

It breaks the effectiveness of Hunters and Warships
~ Get multiple ships or a crew ( And slow down the hunters/warships super speed while we're at it )

For the case of harm, I'm just going to file that under break. You can't harm something broken really.

It exploits the Edge of the World
~ In a game called World of Warships the exact same tactic would be used, it would mess up the lead indicator on shots and make any ship riding the edge of the world/map entirely difficult or impossible to hit because of how easily they can change their direction without changing their speed. When a players ship hits the edge of the world, their ship should be drastically slowed down to a stop, and they will completely stop moving until they turn around away from the edge. I feel AI ships should be allowed to sail past the edge of the world a little ways simply to prevent them from getting stuck on anything.

I feel AI ships should be allowed to sail past the edge of the world a little ways simply to prevent them from getting stuck on anything.
This is the ideal solution. If the server also took the took whatever velocity the edge was effectively absorbing from the player ship and subtracted it from aggressing NPC ships, the combat could continue entirely unaffected.

Mechanically, I'm not sure why there needs to be an edge to the world. Rendering an endless empty ocean costs nothing, and even with the simplest 32 bit co-ordinate system it should take days of real time sailing to reach the realms of floating point glitches. (Like about a month if ten knots was a thousand units per second)

Last edited:
This is the ideal solution. If the server also took the took whatever velocity the edge was effectively absorbing from the player ship and subtracted it from aggressing NPC ships, the combat could continue entirely unaffected.

Mechanically, I'm not sure why there needs to be an edge to the world. Rendering an endless empty ocean costs nothing, and even with the simplest 32 bit co-ordinate system it should take days of real time sailing to reach the realms of floating point glitches. (Like about a month if ten knots was a thousand units per second)

They already do sail past the end of the world, your ship is just sailing sideways which causes the hunters to chase instead of attack but they can and will sail past the edge. Some could classify this as a glitch but it's not really something fixable unless you update the ship ai to be faster so they can catch up which I'm sure most would disagree with at this point.

I can see both sides to this argument. And I'm in the fence. I sail more than anything else in TLOPO, and so I am aware of some trade secrets to better my loot. I don't classify this as a glitch, but I do believe it's an exploit. Do I partake? Yup, and I will until it's removed. My only request, is please fix the hunters before removing it. They are outrageously fast, and deal way too much damage. I understand they're supposed to be tough, but they're a bit too much to handle at open sea. Once their speed is fixed, I'll be less likely to use the world's edge. Just my two cents.

I can see both sides to this argument. And I'm in the fence. I sail more than anything else in TLOPO, and so I am aware of some trade secrets to better my loot. I don't classify this as a glitch, but I do believe it's an exploit. Do I partake? Yup, and I will until it's removed. My only request, is please fix the hunters before removing it. They are outrageously fast, and deal way too much damage. I understand they're supposed to be tough, but they're a bit too much to handle at open sea. Once their speed is fixed, I'll be less likely to use the world's edge. Just my two cents.

I second this, there's no reason NOT to do the exploit. Minus well take advantage of it while it's still in the game.

I believe the hunters ludicrous speed drive is only intended for travelling from their spawn point to their target, but they have the thing on such a small activation radius and hair trigger that they end up constantly using it in normal combat. Sometimes you'll fire a broadside at them just as they activate the thing and your shots travel backwards through your ship and out over the distant horizon trying to lead the target. Hunter sloops are the worst offenders, their constant teleporting makes it impossible to turn fast enough to ever fire on them.

Exploiting glitches is against the Terms of Service so the bug shouldn't be used anyway, so I imagine it will be removed eventually if it hasn't been already.

I wonder if they'll patch the shortcut way to dark hart, I feel like they shouldn't because it's not really doing any harm like the end of the world glitch, I would hate to run through 2 different caves just to get to dark hart and it might take several attempts to get through those caves because of crashing not to mention crashing at dark hart

Exploiting glitches is against the Terms of Service so the bug shouldn't be used anyway, so I imagine it will be removed eventually if it hasn't been already.
I agree, and again, have no objections to its removal. Although it is a form of exploiting, I agree with you on that, I still do not identify it as a glitch. It's in the game, and supposed to be there (the map edge that is), the only thing wrong, is that we use it to reduce the damage we take from ships. Again, I have no problem if it gets removed, but I would beg that hunters get fixed first (and the memory leak, but.....) because as it stands, it's just risky going after hunters. Between unexpected disconnects (especially when a SoTL is right behind you), and insane bounty hunters (speed, damage, maneuvers, etc.), the only practical, and reliable way to engage them, is the worlds edge. I get they should be a challenge, but they shouldn't sail Mach I and outmaneuver me like they do, not to mention one broadside of theirs, literally almost taking my ship from full health, to zero, not kidding. I did engage them in open waters today, and it went alright, but again, the unexpected crashes wreak havoc on my plundering. Long story short, I understand everyone's concern with the exploit, but if they're going to remove it, I hope they fix the hunters too.

It's in the game, and supposed to be there (the map edge that is)
It's a holdover technical limitation from 2005, not a vital part of the world design. Nothing would be lost if there wasn't an arbitrary invisible mime box around the game's islands, but it would have potential as an off-map 'Here be dragons' zone to hide cool secrets in.

You make a solid point about fighting glitches with glitches though :D

Back