You are trying to log in too fast. Please try again in 1 hour

They have this error to prevent bruteforce and DDoS attacks. Please calm down. You can log in if your IP changes. So unplug your router (if you have dynamic IP enabled) and wait a few minutes and plug it in.
Wait, seriously? That's not how it should work at all. The lock should be based on which account was trying to be logged into.

In All my years of using the Internet for Bills , Etc , I get all kinds of Security for those and Banking , Does No one else have Security on their CC's , Banking , Etc ... Etc ... Eitc ... Eitc ???? I've frozen my accounts many a times but It's Not their fault I Fat finger and have Finger Stutteringinginging ...... My right Index finger has barely any feeling left In It from many years of Frost Bite , Turned Black a couple years ago and lucky to have what Use In It i do have ! Bring Right handed my Mousing and Typing skills are lacking ! lol :)
" Don't worry .... Be Happy "

Incorrect.
Well, I just tested it and it was as I posted. After 3 fails, the 4th gets a minute wait. The 5th gets an hour.
Now of course this is all done under a minute, in fact in mere seconds, as I'm sure most people can log on fairly quickly, yes?

Well, I just tested it and it was as I posted. After 3 fails, the 4th gets a minute wait. The 5th gets an hour.
Now of course this is all done under a minute, in fact in mere seconds, as I'm sure most people can log on fairly quickly, yes?

Well, I just tested it and it was as I posted. After 3 fails, the 4th gets a minute wait.
Yes, that'd be correct.

Now of course this is all done under a minute, in fact in mere seconds

If you're entering the wrong password 5 times in a few seconds, you're probably trying to brute force it or trying to break it on purpose. I'd recommend not doing either. Davy is still correct.

I'll verify it with the developers in the morning - they can determine how it works given they are the ones that designed the system.

Yes, that'd be correct.

If you're entering the wrong password 5 times in a few seconds, you're probably trying to brute force it or trying to break it on purpose. I'd recommend not doing either. Davy is still correct.

I'll verify it with the developers in the morning - they can determine how it works given they are the ones that designed the system.
Why I'd try and brute force my own log in is incomprehensible to me, but maybe you have your reasons to suggest it.
As for trying to "break" it, that's just silly. I mean, you're being silly there, right?
I actually load 4 log-ons at once, as crashing is such a major issue, so I can save time when reconnecting.
So my passwords are never incorrect, it's just that I log on 4 times in a row.
Currently, the new system only lets me log on 3 times in a row.
And that my friend, is how I know this issue.

Why I'd try and brute force my own log in is incomprehensible to me, but maybe you have your reasons to suggest it.
As for trying to "break" it, that's just silly. I mean, you're being silly there, right?
I actually load 4 log-ons at once, as crashing is such a major issue, so I can save time when reconnecting.
I'm just trying to understand the situation so please bear with me if I'm getting this wrong.
Are you saying that different accounts on the same PC/IP address share the same log in timer?

that's just silly. I mean, you're being silly there, right?

The rudeness is completely unwarranted.

If you are entering your password wrong 5 times in a few seconds, then I would suggest double checking the passwords before entering them again. Successful entries do not trigger it to my knowledge, but you could try not logging in so fast if that is the case, give it a bit of time in-between each login attempt.

If you have any further issues, please email support@tlopo.com - thank you, and have a good day.

The rudeness is completely unwarranted.

If you are entering your password wrong 5 times in a few seconds, then I would suggest double checking the passwords before entering them again. Successful entries do not trigger it to my knowledge, but you could try not logging in so fast if that is the case, give it a bit of time in-between each login attempt.

If you have any further issues, please email support@tlopo.com - thank you, and have a good day.
I agree, if you're being rude here, it is completely uncalled for, so stop it.
No where on God's green Earth did I ever say I entered the wrong password, let alone 5 times, unless you can direct me to where I said as much.
As I wrote above, I open 4 log-on clients, and log in with them. If that's incomprehensible, well, there's nothing I can do about that my friend.
Now the reason I do such is because of the game crashes, and by having multiple clients open, once one crashes, I don't have to wait 5 minutes to log on again due to server errors and connectivity issues, etc.
You know, the game is in Beta, and crashes a lot, right?

So, in summary, as I stated originally, the game only lets you log on 3 times in a row, making you wait either a minute or a full hour if you try 5 times or more. If that's not correct, then I don't know what is.
I'm really not seeing the issue where that simple fact has been blown out to this degree.

I'm just trying to understand the situation so please bear with me if I'm getting this wrong.
Are you saying that different accounts on the same PC/IP address share the same log in timer?
I'm sorry, but I have said none of that.
What's a log in timer anyway?

I agree, if you're being rude here, it is completely uncalled for, so stop it.
No where on God's green Earth did I ever say I entered the wrong password, let alone 5 times, unless you can direct me to where I said as much.
As I wrote above, I open 4 log-on clients, and log in with them. If that's incomprehensible, well, there's nothing I can do about that my friend.
Now the reason I do such is because of the game crashes, and by having multiple clients open, once one crashes, I don't have to wait 5 minutes to log on again due to server errors and connectivity issues, etc.
You know, the game is in Beta, and crashes a lot, right?

So, in summary, as I stated originally, the game only lets you log on 3 times in a row, making you wait either a minute or a full hour if you try 5 times or more. If that's not correct, then I don't know what is.
I'm really not seeing the issue where that simple fact has been blown out to this degree.

I may have been a bit short with you, but I was not rude. Apologies if you took it as such.

I will not tolerate abuse from someone. If you have any further comments, complaints, or need further assistance, you will need to direct it to support@tlopo.com

I may have been a bit short with you, but I was not rude. Apologies if you took it as such.

I will not tolerate abuse from someone. If you have any further comments, complaints, or need further assistance, you will need to direct it to support@tlopo.com
OK, now you've lost me completely.
What abuse are you referring to now?
I'm thinking the stress level here is way out of control, not to mention the misunderstanding factor.

Anyway...

What I said, which is still true, and obviously is correct, is... that you cannot log on more than 3 times in a minute, and if you try 3 times, you get blocked for an hour.
That's how it currently works, and it's all I'm saying.

wow

There are other ways to come about this problem without being condescending. My apologies if this may be a bit harsh but that attitude won't get you much.

Please remember the golden rule: treat others as you would like to be treated.

It isn't that hard to understand. @Johnny Telltale explained everything, and it seems to be that everything is clear. If you disagree, there are other ways to face the misunderstandings.

As for the thread, Apple uses the same basic concept; multiple incorrect password entries in a short period of time will lock you out for a certain amount of time.

Do I agree with this concept? I'm undecided. It may prove to be a slight inconvenience if you forget your password and maybe the times should be shortened. Everyone is faced with this system and the only thing we can do is to adapt to it.

Back