Your lovely sister Ethel (Disney being Disney)

Did you notice this when the game was live?

• Yes I did

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Nope, this is the first time I realized it

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

PirateJasonS

Site Founder
I was watching this Youtube video...

It's the cut-scenes from the beginning of the game. I never realized it before, but listen to / read what Jack's saying in the bar towards the end of the video ( 8:29 ) :
"And the buttons popped clear off...
and this being Singapore, by custom I had no choice but to-
You don't happen to have a lovely sister by the name of Ethel, do you? No? Good, right then!"

You know how Disney always hides dirty things in their movies? Well I think this is the hidden one in POTCO. At least that's how I interpreted it. I can't really see any other ways that this could be taken.

Just for the record, I felt like this was appropriate to share because it's taken directly from the game. If anybody thinks this is taking it a step too far for forum-appropriate content then please let me know.

Last edited:

It's the cut-scenes from the beginning of the game. I never realized it before, but listen to / read what Jack's saying in the bar towards the end of the video ( 8:29 ) :
You don't happen to have a lovely sister by the name of Ethel, do you? No? Good, right then!"

You know how Disney always hides dirty things in their videos? Well I think this is the hidden one in POTCO. At least that's how I interpreted it. I can't really see any other ways that this could be taken.

Just for the record, I felt like this was appropriate to share because it's taken directly from the game. If anybody thinks this is taking it a step to far for forum-appropriate content then please let me know.

ah yes I remember this part, gave me a good chuckle during the tutorial :D

...You know how Disney always hides dirty things in their videos? Well I think this is the hidden one in POTCO. At least that's how I interpreted it. I can't really see any other ways that this could be taken.
I personally feel that Disney didn't meant anything by this when POTCO developers included that bit within the game. I tend to view it as just "something" which was meant to define and reinforce Jack Sparrow's character within POTCO (meaning of course POTCO's attempt to parallel the in-game character with the character portrayed within the POTC films).

If you do some research, you'll understand what great lengths POTCO (initial) developers went in so far as trying to reinforce that parallel for the purpose of making POTCO authenticate and overly accepted by players during POTCO's beginning-to-middle.

It always sounded to me as Disney trying to add some pirate authenticity to the game, in a fairly PG-13 manner. Singapore was a main port for pirates and rabble to flock back then, for obvious reasons, and it was a way to reference it in a joking fashion, without going too far.

Plus, on the most part it goes barely noticed, as you are just starting and getting used to the game, and Jack speaking with that scrambled-egg-brain way of talking he has makes it sound like gibberish. But now let's discuss Jessica Rabbit. Ahh, maybe not.... :facepalm:

It always sounded to me as Disney trying to add some pirate authenticity to the game, in a fairly PG-13 manner. Singapore was a main port for pirates and rabble to flock back then, for obvious reasons, and it was a way to reference it in a joking fashion, without going too far.

Plus, on the most part it goes barely noticed, as you are just starting and getting used to the game, and Jack speaking with that scrambled-egg-brain way of talking he has makes it sound like gibberish. But now let's discuss Jessica Rabbit. Ahh, maybe not.... :facepalm:
Yup, very true :) and who's Jessica Rabbit?

Edit: Oh, nvm Googled it lol

It's definitely probably referencing what you are thinking about, but its a huge gap that you are filling in. To me until now it just sounded like gibberish, and for most people I would assume thats what it would be.

I think we know what scarlet in Tortuga & Cassandra on Port Royal, are supposed to be... lol

You know how Disney always hides dirty things in their movies? Well I think this is the hidden one in POTCO. At least that's how I interpreted it. I can't really see any other ways that this could be taken.

Just for the record, I felt like this was appropriate to share because it's taken directly from the game. If anybody thinks this is taking it a step too far for forum-appropriate content then please let me know.
Bwahahahaaha! I never realized this.. and it was in plain sight. It makes me wonder what else is hidden in the game.

cs_tut_3_2_js sound file has a few. "And proceed to eat his own finger, to which I replied that's not right even if he did know where that fingers been".

headstone_quest_cs.jpg

The cut scenes were one of my favorite parts of the game. The cinematic story telling incorporated right into game play amazed me. I'd never experienced anything quite like it. I wish there could have been more.

Back