15,000 Signatures

Do you think we will get 15,000 signatures? Would you support it?

• Yes, we will get 15,000 and I support it.

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • No, we will not get 15,000 but I support it.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • No, we will not get 15,000 and I do not support it.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I think the e-mail is wrong too.... ''Disney Support'' is just too general, the e-mail for POTCO is MemberServices@piratesonline.com.... So I guess we've all come to the conclusion all this is fake?

Yes but then again, They just handle POTCO and are the grunts, they dont handle the actual management they know nothing of what goes on. Plus the fact that they shut down after November some point. Disney Support would mean I would so presume DIMG which knows much more than simple foot soldiers. Colonels at that.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

We need everyone to cast a vote fro disney to re-open Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

CAST YOUR VOTE!

We need YOU

I couldn't really find a better way to title this, but a friend of mine from the POTC Fanon Wiki emailed Disney. They replied back with the following -

Proof%2FEmail.jpg

Disney says they'll consider re-opening if there's 15,000 which would therefore mean we would be only 12,000 short on the basis of Revive POTCO. I am not saying we will totally see POTCO again but am more so polling for opinions. Whats your take on this?

Link to his blog: http://potcfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Captain_Ned_Edgewalker/We_have_a_chance_to_revive_POTCO

I am skeptical of anybody who can't even use "us" and "we" properly in a sentence. On top of that, the Disney staff always sign their emails with their name, not just "Disney Support Staff".

I also have never heard of support@disneyonline.com; as Irene said, their email is: MemberServices@piratesonline.com.

This is clearly fake.

I am skeptical of anybody who can't even use "us" and "we" properly in a sentence. On top of that, the Disney staff always sign their emails with their name, not just "Disney Support Staff".

I also have never heard of support@disneyonline.com; as Irene said, their email is: MemberServices@piratesonline.com.

This is clearly fake.

MemberServices@piratesonline.com no longer take emails. Emailing Disney was the only way. Also, asking the Pirates of the Caribbean fandom if they could help may just be enough to get to 15,000. I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this.

MemberServices@piratesonline.com no longer take emails. Emailing Disney was the only way. Also, asking the Pirates of the Caribbean fandom if they could help may just be enough to get to 15,000. I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this.

Okay, so the Disney mailto address is valid? That's fine, but since when did Disney start hiring illiterate people? (not trying to sound rude, but that message was not very well written)

Generally speaking, there is an "old" saying that says that if something SOUNDS too good to be true then - it probably is ('too good' to be true). :mad:

If you - an ex-POTCO player - are uncertain as to whether this email is real or fake, I ask that you remember that within the community there has always existed misinformation out there for whatever reasons (I say this sincerely with the utmost respect but the virtue of integrity [coming from the POTCO community] often had to take a back seat for someone's own desire to gain personal 'attention'). *Therefore, in drawing conclusions about whether this particular email is legitimate or not I encourage everyone to examine Disney/Disney Interactive's own motive into possibly releasing such an email.

QUESTION: Would Disney/Disney Interactive really have the need for us to gain some 15k signatures for the need to keep POTCO alive? If so, what would they most gain from such an effort? Since their "Disney Infinity" game already has incorporated into it POTC characters such as Jack Sparrow, Tia Dalma, Davy Jones, and the Kraken...would they even possess a motive to keep and to retain POTCO for future use?

Only through the answering of such questions yourself will you begin to understand if the odds are in favor (or disfavor) towards this email's truth.

I agree with Shamus, this is just too good to be true. I would like to see POTCO come back alive and develop more and more... But i have the slightest feeling that this could possibly be a tug on the arm.. i just wanna know why now? It's closed, everyone moved on.. but now?

I feel like Disney could just have the heart to revive the game, at least some employies. I've recently been looking at how Toontown is holding up with the closings. (Trust me; we took it much better.) Supposedly, when someone called Disney after Toontown closed, the person who he/she talked to cried because of the closing. It wasn't something they wanted to do; it was something they had to do. So, there is a chance that there is a way to soften up Disney enough to bring back POTCO. If we get other parts of the PotC fandom to help us and give a nice persuasive speech, perhaps we can revive POTCO.

I agree with Shamus, this is just too good to be true. I would like to see POTCO come back alive and develop more and more... But i have the slightest feeling that this could possibly be a tug on the arm.. i just wanna know why now? It's closed, everyone moved on.. but now?

I might have an answer for your question Emily. I guess since there is no more POTCO spirit, everybody is trying to move on from the past and attend to the future. But again, there might be chance that someone I talked to, is going to re-create the game and put it back online with another server... We'll See.

Back