Minecraft

okay okay okay ik this comment weill get alot of negative responses, but whats the big deal about minecraft? I've played it, and I don't really understand or see the point of it................ potco might be heading down a rough path, but i still have more fun playing it then minecraft.

1. Endless Possibilites: You can make an elevator in Minecratf WITHOUT the use of mods. (And, no, it is not something that you can craft.) It's simply a matter of using what's at your disposal and making it something bigger than it seems it can make. Redstone is usually shunned for its supposed "uselessness", but it can actually create some pretty neat stuff.

2. Creativity: You can create an exact replica of the pixelated Mario (I've posted an image on another page) or you can even create a Master Chief! :D

3. More and More Stuff to Use: Every update, there's new stuff that you can work with to create great stuff. So, as you can see, Minecraft never reaches a limit when it comes to fun or creativity.

I've been playing Minecraft since Alpha 1.1 (Almost 3 years) and it has yet to get boring. I have a private server (I'm actually decently experienced with server hosting) you guys could join in if you want. You just me a PM and I'll give you the IP.

On one world I've been playing pretty much since I got it in a snapshot of 1.9, I'll have to get a screenshot or something of my minerals chest, all legit!

1. Endless Possibilites: You can make an elevator in Minecratf WITHOUT the use of mods. (And, no, it is not something that you can craft.) It's simply a matter of using what's at your disposal and making it something bigger than it seems it can make. Redstone is usually shunned for its supposed "uselessness", but it can actually create some pretty neat stuff.

2. Creativity: You can create an exact replica of the pixelated Mario (I've posted an image on another page) or you can even create a Master Chief! :D

3. More and More Stuff to Use: Every update, there's new stuff that you can work with to create great stuff. So, as you can see, Minecraft never reaches a limit when it comes to fun or creativity.

so its basicallly legos?

so its basicallly legos?

No. There's also the aspect where you don't merely buy the materials. You have to survive, find the materials yourself, and sometimes there's something you didn't expect. All I'm saying is there's something new around every corner and there's no limit to what you can do. In fact, given the right amount of work, you can turn Minecraft into a shooter.

No. There's also the aspect where you don't merely buy the materials. You have to survive, find the materials yourself, and sometimes there's something you didn't expect. All I'm saying is there's something new around every corner and there's no limit to what you can do. In fact, given the right amount of work, you can turn Minecraft into a shooter.

Or a full blown MMO with stats and skill trees and thousands of players on at the same time lagging the place up.

It's amazing

If anyone is having problems with FPS, in Minecraft or any game really, you should try downloading and running Game Booster. Leo mentioned the program here for POTCO I tested it for Minecraft and it works flawlessly.
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
MAKE SURE TO READ THE CHECKED BOXES UNLESS YOU WANT A TON OF USELESS TOOLBARS. :rolleyes: As with any installation.

Once installed, open it and you will be on this screen.
GB.PNG
Some games will be recognized and already be in the list, to add a game to the list simply click the "Add" button. And find the game's .exe file, click on the file and then click open.
GB2.PNG
The game will be added to the list. From here you can either click the game and then click "launch" or go into "boost settings." In boost settings you can select what programs/processes will be temporarily closed when you launch a game. However, just clicking launch helped me a ton.

Be sure to launch the game from Game Booster because that will set priority to that game. For me I was getting a maxium of 20 FPS now I'm getting up to 50 FPS. Hope this helps. :D

If anyone is having problems with FPS, in Minecraft or any game really, you should try downloading and running Game Booster. Leo mentioned the program here for POTCO I tested it for Minecraft and it works flawlessly.
MAKE SURE TO READ THE CHECKED BOXES UNLESS YOU WANT A TON OF USELESS TOOLBARS. :rolleyes: As with any installation.

View attachment 55211
Some games will be recognized and already be in the list, to add a game to the list simply click the "Add" button. And find the game's .exe file, click on the file and then click open.
View attachment 55212
The game will be added to the list. From here you can either click the game and then click "launch" or go into "boost settings." In boost settings you can select what programs/processes will be temporarily closed when you launch a game. However, just clicking launch helped me a ton.

Be sure to launch the game from Game Booster because that will set priority to that game. For me I was getting a maxium of 20 FPS now I'm getting up to 50 FPS. Hope this helps. :D

I'VE USED THIS BEFORE. :D This is a great program, and I sadly forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me about it, Bart. I will continue to use it. :D

View attachment 55211
View attachment 55212

I've tried this before. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. But either way I have three computers, a Windows Vista, Mac, and a new Windows 8 that runs like magic and I don't have framerate problems anymore.

I've tried this before. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. But either way I have three computers, a Windows Vista, Mac, and a new Windows 8 that runs like magic and I don't have framerate problems anymore.
Like me, you probably have a very good computer. I already get 55+ FPS, so I doubt it will help me. :p

Like me, you probably have a very good computer. I already get 55+ FPS, so I doubt it will help me. :p
Very good? 55 FPS? *cough* That's what my Vista gets, this computer gets 250+ on full graphics. It spikes up to 300~ at times and with the graphics all the way down it goes over 1000... Maybe you need to find out what's good and what's not...

Very good? 55 FPS? *cough* That's what my Vista gets, this computer gets 250+ on full graphics. It spikes up to 300~ at times and with the graphics all the way down it goes over 1000... Maybe you need to find out what's good and what's not...
In Minecraft... I don't think anything over 60FPS is going to make that much of a difference. lol

Will do lad. My son is currently into the Hunger games servers atm. If he want to try something else I will hail ye via PM. I do family LAN survival all the time. Forgot to mention my daughter plays too.

Just saw this looking back, excuse the tardiness and such. Thats cool to hear. I wish my family was like that lol xD

But then again it would be kind of creepy for me too. :(

As for the server, I will be honest though, I am not sure what your personal view is with swearing and all, so for now I would not recommend it unless it is you yourself playing. Though, in the future I may end up banning swearing. :)

I host a 26 Slot Server. I have the website up for it and expect to officially open it to the world soon, right now its just a ton of people I know.Rich Fireskull I could message you the IP and or website if youd like :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back