Sink the Most Navy Challenge Winners

Well in the interests of "full disclosure" I am going to post what I take to be my final dismissal by Krista at POTCO membership services. As she is the author of the form letter, I think that the proverbial buck has stopped with her.
I am including my reply to the correspondence posted previously and her reply sent to me a few moments ago.

Hello Eric,

Thank you very much for getting back to us with all your feedback and concerns.
I will be sure to pass this along.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.

Kind regards,

Krista
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
ORIGINAL MESSAGE - do not edit below this line

> Hello Randy, I appreciate that I did not at least get the standard form
response that has been posted by many players already on the Forums sections. I
understand that the methods used for calculating the totals is independent from
the published leader board totals. That said, two of my guild mates that I
played with for the majority of the weekend were winners. One had numbers
lower than me on the leader board and one was higher. I do
understand that there were some ships in the totals that would not fall into
contest eligibility. However, there is no way that a three day total that is
more than triple that of some winners could be reduced by the variables
sufficient to cause me to be out of the winner circle. I have yet to speak with
ANY player that believes their numbers to be accurate but I can only speak to my
knowledge of exactly how my son and I played that weekend. I know that the
decisions are final and not subject to review but I am saddened by the glaring
inaccuracy of the results. This is just a game and of little consequence in the
grand scheme of things but anytime one puts the effort into something the way we
did, you just hope that a fair accounting is made of the results. I wish that
POTCO would just publicly put forward the criteria used to make a count. Even
if a leader board is not accurate, what value is it if in fact it can be off by
such a huge margin. I am doing my best to calm many players I speak with and I
fear that the well intentioned contest is/has caused detriment to the game.
Only by honestly speaking to the community of players can this be put to rest.
To get a feel for the sentiment created I suggest that a member of the POTCO
team go beyond the Grog Blog and actually look at the POTC Forums section for a
more unbiased review. When you contest has both winners and losers stating the
obvious mistakes in math and inequity of the award process I would like to think
it would be taken seriously. Best regards and sincerest wishes of fortune, E!

And the response received a few minutes ago:

Hello Eric,

Kind regards,

Krista

Or in other words... go away. I will see you all on the game and I look forward to participating in future chats. Hopefully more positive ones.

Well in the interests of "full disclosure" I am going to post what I take to be my final dismissal by Krista at POTCO membership services. As she is the author of the form letter, I think that the proverbial buck has stopped with her.
I am including my reply to the correspondence posted previously and her reply sent to me a few moments ago.

Hello Eric,

Kind regards,

Krista
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
ORIGINAL MESSAGE - do not edit below this line

> Hello Randy, I appreciate that I did not at least get the standard form
response that has been posted by many players already on the Forums sections. I
understand that the methods used for calculating the totals is independent from
the published leader board totals. That said, two of my guild mates that I
played with for the majority of the weekend were winners. One had numbers
lower than me on the leader board and one was higher. I do
understand that there were some ships in the totals that would not fall into
contest eligibility. However, there is no way that a three day total that is
more than triple that of some winners could be reduced by the variables
sufficient to cause me to be out of the winner circle. I have yet to speak with
ANY player that believes their numbers to be accurate but I can only speak to my
knowledge of exactly how my son and I played that weekend. I know that the
decisions are final and not subject to review but I am saddened by the glaring
inaccuracy of the results. This is just a game and of little consequence in the
grand scheme of things but anytime one puts the effort into something the way we
did, you just hope that a fair accounting is made of the results. I wish that
POTCO would just publicly put forward the criteria used to make a count. Even
if a leader board is not accurate, what value is it if in fact it can be off by
such a huge margin. I am doing my best to calm many players I speak with and I
fear that the well intentioned contest is/has caused detriment to the game.
Only by honestly speaking to the community of players can this be put to rest.
To get a feel for the sentiment created I suggest that a member of the POTCO
team go beyond the Grog Blog and actually look at the POTC Forums section for a
more unbiased review. When you contest has both winners and losers stating the
obvious mistakes in math and inequity of the award process I would like to think
it would be taken seriously. Best regards and sincerest wishes of fortune, E!

And the response received a few minutes ago:

Hello Eric,

Kind regards,

Krista

Or in other words... go away. I will see you all on the game and I look forward to participating in future chats. Hopefully more positive ones.

I am so sorry Grif. You even put time and thought into your constructive and honest letters to Disney and it is terribly sad that they don't extend you the courtesy of an equally thoughtful reply.

So that others are aware, I was on the same ship as Grif for pretty well the whole 3 days and I was given the (useless) spyglass, albeit with a ship count of about one third of what the leaderboard suggested that I should have. It is crazy that Grif didn't get it too... and I know that goes for a lot of other people who put heart and soul into the competition.

Of course, as there were 50 prizes some people will have got it who otherwise wouldn't if the count was conducted accurately, and I hope those people don't feel that this is an attack of any sort on them. To my mind, this really isn't about the spyglass anymore; it is about decency, fair play and respect and it is so sad that a company who purport to have educational and child friendly values behave in such an overtly dismissive way towards their subscribers.

No wonder Jolly Roger is out to get them!!

Here's my post on the grog blog...

Disney Fail....png
Here is my post on the Grog Blog... That AGAIN will not be posted... :walk the plank:

View attachment 50430
Isn't it nice how they only accept the comments that make them look good?

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion may not be a popular one, but here it is.

First, let me say congratulations to EVERYONE on your hard work, whether you made it in the top 50 or not.

I'd like to interject some positive thoughts into this. We have all been pleading with Disney to make the game alive again, add more content, fix bugs, do SOMETHING. Although I am not a fan of giving away free famed at GM events, or codes for a new legendary; they did just that - something. I am a looter. Most of the enjoyment and satisfaction comes from knowing that you worked hard for what you now own. Redeeming a code simply isn't the same. No "bragging rights." My belief is that these small recent events Disney has held, are things to just tide us over until something big is added. If a company, any company, is going downhill, typically they don't spend more money to add new products. There isn't a point. If Disney's plan was to drop the game, they would have done it already.

As far as the big blunder they just made, it is impossible to just undo what is already done. That would cost a lot of precious money that they may not have. I wholeheartedly agree that at the very least an apology is in order. Drawing from experience with the company I currently work for, that won't happen. Often when all we can see is a small part of what is going on, we miss the big picture. I am confident that Disney has a plan, and we just have to be patient for what comes. I don't think they intended to have this event go so wrong.

Think of this: Disney for sure knows that we, the dedicated Pirates of the Caribbean, are alive! They had to see the increased activity that weekend because of the event. They had to count every single ship that every player sunk. And they received numorous emails in feedback on how we felt. If nothing else, at least they cannot deny that we care about what happens.

I am a passionate player of this game. I have met many friends that I will never forget. I will never give up on this game. Hopefully my words may inspire some of you to continue on :)

Wow Jaden!!! This is everything that I wanted to say on here...EVERYTHING...but just never wanted to take the time to type it all out! So, thanks! And I will back you on everything you said here. I love this game, I love to loot, and I love the people of my guild and all my friends. I think, somewhere down the road (however far it may be) Disney has bigger and better things for us. They wouldn't just keep stringing us along with these smaller "events and give-aways" by wasting money on them just to shut the game down and lose all that time and money invested in writing and implementing the programs and codes to put the things in place. So, I still have hope! You go Jaden!!

FTF!!
-D

And they received numorous emails in feedback on how we felt. If nothing else, at least they cannot deny that we care about what happens.
This is certainly a "positive" way at looking at something that went so terribly wrong for so many people. :) I - for one - am glad you made this point as sometimes, like you said, it is hard to look at the bigger picture of things when ye are within the midst of something so encompassing.

Anyway, for those players whom spent a great deal of time to succeed at this event, I do wish that somehow "something" could be done to alleviate the disappointment of not receiving what ye so deserve.

If it is OK, I would like to post a quote I found but I am not posting it to minimize or "make fun" of the circumstance of what had happened. *I just feel it can be applied to any challenge we do happen to face as it helps to keep things in a certain perspective.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

well now..... i for one, i am confused :confused: ... cuz ik i shouldn't even have made that top 50
cuz i only sailed about 26 hours... and ik there were alot of cpatains and crews doing a lot better jobs at sinking those scurvy navy blokes!!! and believe me the hour glass isn't that great... to me the other attributes it gives is more than the wreck the sails... trust me i experimented with a max open fire... almost pulled off a triple leadership broadside.... ahh hum any who i believe they chose at random and by guild ( my opinion ) as i don't see to many pirates from the same guild on the list ... idk i could be wrong but looking at the list i felt like i robbed people and that isn't a pirate joke neither... to those who didn't make the list i still salute you as i believe what Kat said... many a great pirate has moved on... but for a brief moment in time, for just one weekend.... Davy Jones filled his locker like ne'er been seen before and i personally congradulate every pirate who took part... i believe this was a fluke contest by Disney just to see if da sharks be still circlin da waters!!!! see ya in da waves mates congrats to all:D

I am so pleased that all the effort that went into this has been rightly recognised.... eventually. It would have been nice to see a public acknowledgement of the error by Disney, but at least a personal apology was given in the e-mail so that is good.

Maybe they listen after all!

xxx

Disney e-mailed me the code yesterday, and also said i will be receiving 2 weeks of UA free, as i did sink over 10k. I e-mailed them back saying "I want to thank you all for making this right. I very much appreciate it!"

Like Blade said, I didn't think they would do anything, and I really respect that they did.

Congrats to all those that put in the work and finally got their trophy.

Has anyone found the redeem code they sent in email just recently did not work? I have a friend got their email and code, but says redemption code failed.... just wondering. And yes she has an empty slot and tried half dozen times.

I am very proud of Disney for owning up to their mistake, and not only just apologizing, but giving out more spyglasses and two weeks of UA. This gives me more hope that they definitely will continue to improve the game, however slowly :) This proves our voice can be heard!

Has anyone found the redeem code they sent in email just recently did not work? I have a friend got their email and code, but says redemption code failed.... just wondering. And yes she has an empty slot and tried half dozen times.
When I first got the code it took me like five times to type it in. I was writing an N in the wrong spot, but the code is long and random, so you have to type it in carefully.

Back