Release Notes 2017-6-28 tlopo-rc-v1.2.4

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash with some Voodoo Doll animations.
Maintenance
  • Disabled Cannon Defense until various issues are corrected.
  • Due to the ease in which cannon rams were obtained due to Cannon Defense having multiple bugs, the TLOPO Crew decided that rather than a roll back, rams would individually be removed from all inventories.

I don't see the point, the rams dont even work, why not let them keep their rams as its a burden on their inventory for who knows how long until they are fixed. Plus I'm sure cannon drops and the ease of getting them was available since the relaunch update 1.0, you could get to wave 50 and above without trying because the would move slow/backwards.

You'd think that the game exists at all would be compensation enough. It's not as if the decision was made out of hatred.

Does it suck? Sure. Does it negatively impact people who earned their rams without exploits? No doubt. I don't think anybody expected this to be a popular decision, but it wasn't made without consideration either. Ultimately it was decided that removing an entire class of item was preferable to doing a 2+ day rollback. People would have surely been (vocally) unhappy either way, but the exploit was heavily abused (more than some seem to think) and the item class was non-functional at this point anyways, so the call was made.

It's been said a billion times over, and here it is once more: It's a beta, and things can and will go awry. Personally, I find it disappointing that everyone wastes no time complaining about issues that negatively impact their experience... but when a bug works out in their favor, few people (if anybody) reported it. It is extremely unfortunate that it impacted people who did not exploit the bug, but because there is no record of when or where items were earned, that's just the way it is.

You'd think that the game exists at all would be compensation enough. It's not as if the decision was made out of hatred.

Does it suck? Sure. Does it negatively impact people who earned their rams without exploits? No doubt. I don't think anybody expected this to be a popular decision, but it wasn't made without consideration either. Ultimately it was decided that removing an entire class of item was preferable to doing a 2+ day rollback. People would have surely been (vocally) unhappy either way, but this the exploit was heavily abused (more than some seem to think) and the item class was non-functional at this point anyways, so the call was made.

It's been said a billion times over, and here it is once more: It's a beta, and things can and will go awry. Personally, I find it disappointing that everyone wastes no time complaining about issues that negatively impact their experience... but when a bug works out in their favor, few people (if anybody) reported it. It is extremely unfortunate that it impacted people who did not exploit the bug, but because there is no record of when or where items were earned, that's just the way it is.
Why can't I like this more!

In all seriousness its beta, don't expect anything to be permanent until launch. If you get frustrated do what I do, scream into the nearest pillow and vent on the nearest undead with your sword.

I have a legitimate question. Since it's been enforced over and over again how heavily the exploit was abused, and that's why all rams were taken away from everyone, how can the team know this and why not only remove rams from players who exploited, since there seems to be so much knowledge on how much the exploit was used? I understand at this point rams won't be returned and I'm over that, just wondering how this conclusion was reached.

I have a legitimate question. Since it's been enforced over and over again how heavily the exploit was abused, and that's why all rams were taken away from everyone, how can the team know this and why not only remove rams from players who exploited, since there seems to be so much knowledge on how much the exploit was used. I understand at this point rams won't be returned and I'm over that, just wondering how this conclusion was reached.
Largely by reviewing the data that was available, such as chat messages, player locations, and YouTube videos of the exploit being performed.

I had my cannon rams removed as did everyone else who had them. Yes, I had played CD for awhile yesterday, and watched people rack up levels quickly. I did not know if they were getting loot or not. But I did see them using good, high level ammo there.

I wasn't. I tried 3 times. Each time my game score locked in level 3. I never got above there. I was hitting ships like crazy, although the scores were weak for all of us. I saw a very base ram. I already had a medium bad ram from a pillage I had been on - it was a very low level rare. And of course it didn't work. So yeah, I lost it. And you know what? I don't care. I enjoy the game. I have lost so much stuff to bugs and glitches. One more beta loss of an item is not much to worry about, really. I like CD, a lot. It will get fixed, I will get my rams, I will be happy. I already am happy with the game.

Thanks Dev Team. You guys rock.

I don't understand is this really an exploit or just an oversight with the drops when looking at cannon defense, in which people were just farming thinking the drops rates were good?

I don't understand is this really an exploit or just an oversight with the drops when looking at cannon defense, in which people were just farming thinking the drops rates were good?
At a certain point in Cannon Defense (wave 90 I believe) the town would resupply gold faster than the raiders could take. So at that point you wouldn't have to do a thing and the waves can rack up into the 200-300 easily without doing a thing. As you can image that allows for a lot of high value loot at no effort, this I believe is the reason for the harsh repair.

At a certain point in Cannon Defense (wave 90 I believe) the town would resupply gold faster than the raiders could take. So at that point you wouldn't have to do a thing and the waves can rack up into the 200-300 easily without doing a thing. As you can image that allows for a lot of high value loot at no effort, this I believe is the reason for the harsh repair.

Why is it that when we have a legitimate complaint about something that is actually unfair we are told to be thankful that the game is actually being remade? Don't you think we already are? Of course we are. But that doesn't mean there won't be outcry when something very bad happens.

Since I know we won't be re-reimbursed for the ones we had legitimately, you could at least re-assure us by saying something like "We'll try and implement systems to better log who loots what item and when" or something to take away from all this besides "you're screwed, be thankful we are remaking this game in the first place"

Why is it that when we have a legitimate complaint about something that is actually unfair we are told to be thankful that the game is actually being remade? Don't you think we already are? Of course we are. But that doesn't mean there won't be outcry when something very bad happens.

Since I know we won't be re-reimbursed for the ones we had legitimately, you could at least re-assure us by saying something like "We'll try and implement systems to better log who loots what item and when" or something to take away from all this besides "you're screwed, be thankful we are remaking this game in the first place"
Would you rather a server roll back of 2+ days happened? This was the lesser of two evils. As Davy stated, they knew there was going to be discontent either way. But it's easier to loot a cannon ram again than a Legendary/Famed weapon, which could have been removed with the server rollback.

I'm pretty sure everyone who had a famed cannon ram from legit means would have preferred a two day rollback ijs.
Now I'm not happy about losing my rams and 10 hours of cannon defense either but the amount of people with famed rams from fishing is WAY lower than the amount of people that would lose stuff completely irrelevant to Cannon Defense, including lost sword and silver freeze. I'm sorry but I gotta disagree with you on this one, asking for a two day rollback and screwing everyone else over so you can keep a single ram from fishing is just selfish.

Back