Release Notes 2018-1-22 tlopo-rc-v1.8.3

"""the game has to have characteristics that make it inherently difficult, regardless of how much time one spends playing it""""

Why?
Because it would be inherently boring otherwise. If the game is too difficult, there's always the mini games, like ship repair, poker, black jack, etc. You can always do those...
But wait a minute, even those games present a challenge!
Hmmm.....
Now as I recall there are some games on the PBS Kids website that are not too challenging, but they do require some level of skill there too.
So, to answer your question;
Why Not?

Because it would be inherently boring otherwise. If the game is too difficult, there's always the mini games, like ship repair, poker, black jack, etc. You can always do those...
Hmmm.....
Now as I recall there are some games on the PBS Kids website that are not too challenging, but they do require some level of skill there too.
Why Not?
""Now as I recall there are some games on the PBS Kids website that are not too challenging,""
Ohhh does pbs have a pirate game. I should go there instead because it sounds more to my level. Thanks, I'll check it out.

You're making a case on presumed unsubstantiated evidence that we haven't even experienced. I played the other night for a few hours, and had at least 10 skulls with nothing more than a rare. How can you assume such things when playing evidence shows otherwise. I only saw an apparent increase in gold across all containers. As I have read on wiki and elsewhere, the loot spread looked more like Disney numbers.
Nothing looked easier to me in land loot. They all looked fuller with other non rare loot appearing. Which I think needed to be done.
I actually got excited when I saw the skulls pop up. And skulls felt more solid than ever before in months.
I happy with this upgrade and hope the devs don't listen to "too easy whiners".

And people can make this game as hard on themselves as they want. Just for grins I try to take on watcher and smasho by myself. Nothing easy there, and still haven't done it.
You are right that I made unsubstantiated assumptions based on the Release Notes that are vague about the changes to loot. My initial observations indicate that gold is significantly increased, maybe too much as a guy I was looting with yesterday got 650 in one skull chest, but it's not immediately obvious whether the changes extend to famed. I have seen 3 famed from land loot in the last two days which is slightly better than usual but not unheard of.

One thing I'm fairly confident in is what player demographic Disney were aiming for and that probably wasn't the trigger twitching crowd or counter strike high speed gamers. I think the whole game was created as one big movie commercial and it outlasted it's use and Disney dumped it. Trying to put challenges into something that appears made to advertise a movie with game elements thrown in for effect seems to me to go in the wrong direction. I can play all my war games if I want action. I go to wow and tlopo to chill out. In tlopo I'm challenged enough for me. Playing tlopo, I don't want or need 12 enemies running at me every 10 seconds. The game just isn't designed that way, and I don't believe the devs want some trigger happy action shooter here. It is what it is, and the devs ARE trying to make everyone happy.

Dev's - Good luck with that! I like that this tlopo can be as hard or easy as I choose to play. That's an accomplishment right there.

You are right that I made unsubstantiated assumptions based on the Release Notes that are vague about the changes to loot. My initial observations indicate that gold is significantly increased, maybe too much as a guy I was looting with yesterday got 650 in one skull chest, but it's not immediately obvious whether the changes extend to famed. I have seen 3 famed from land loot in the last two days which is slightly better than usual but not unheard of.
Yes, but again we are all going on ratios and stuff with just our speculations and subjective opinion. Who's to say what is too much? What's the yardstick to use as the standard measure so we can conclusively say what's too little or too much. You see?

Right now it's mostly all our own feelings and wants. But only dev's probably know for sure. It's like me telling you how a corvette should feel driving when I've only took pictures at an auto show and never sat in one.

""Now as I recall there are some games on the PBS Kids website that are not too challenging,""
Ohhh does pbs have a pirate game. I should go there instead because it sounds more to my level. Thanks, I'll check it out.
It does!

Yes, but again we are all going on ratios and stuff with just our speculations and subjective opinion. Who's to say what is too much? What's the yardstick to use as the standard measure so we can conclusively say what's too little or too much. You see?

Right now it's mostly all our own feelings and wants. But only dev's probably know for sure. It's like me telling you how a corvette should feel driving when I've only took pictures at an auto show and never sat in one.
Of course we all have taken tlopo out for a spin. I think gold was always and still is easy to come by, I have screen shot of one of my loot run's loot showing 44k gold, and that adding more to loot drops does little if anything to the game. It is the truely rare items that concern me and I hope that they will remain rare and difficult to obtain.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....
Why Not?
Is rounding up 15 ships in a circle and going round and round outside of them for an hour almost never switching sides, plunking them off one at a time the challenge you speak of? While I just described how to get 30K gold in one run and 5 skull chests, I simultaneously described one of the most boring and dizzying things I can experience in tlopo.

Again, it's about choice and different pirates. And there's nothing exciting or challenging about farming.

Aye?

Of course we all have taken tlopo out for a spin. I think gold was always and still is easy to come by, I have screen shot of one of my loot run's loot showing 44k gold, and that adding more to loot drops does little if anything to the game. It is the truely rare items that concern me and I hope that they will remain rare and difficult to obtain.
My spin so far with the new patch is I think they tweaked land loot a little and may have left sailing alone maybe. Time will tell. But it doesn't look weapon specific so far, for fame or legendary loot.

So matey, you going to leave me hanging on the yardarm on what I'm looking at, or are you just toying with me little parrot brain?
ae26376f6c4214bd58b5590a32bba54c.png

I see it now, you can see the frame a bit. It does seem to show up on dark backgrounds.

I'm liking the this new patch. Still no improvement of fame or legendary, but fuller containers and less cards. Doesn't look any easier or better gifted to me in 10 hours of looting. Land loot does look better filled. And gold is better across the board. Still have no idea about sail loot.

I'll ditto what DR1F73R said....

I was content with the loot drop rates before, but it is good to see TLOPO hears and listens to the community feedback. The masses win this one haha!

These other patches and bug fixes are great! Awesome work! :)

...I don't log for a cpla days and look all at these fixes I come back to! Great progress. Much <3 for The Crew :)

Back