Release Notes 9-18-2015 tlopo-alpha- v1.0.2

JohnnyDaPirate

Wiki Staff
The Legend of Pirates Online Alpha v1.0.2 is live! Testers can now visit Tortuga, fish, play blackjack and watch firework shows around the Caribbean in honor of Pirates of the Caribbean Online's closing 2 years ago.

Release Notes
Features
  • Tortuga has been released! Open up the map page in your sea chest ("M" on the keyboard) and click on Tortuga to teleport there!
  • Every hour a firework show will play across the Caribbean in celebration of The Legend of Pirates Online being opened! Stand down at the docks as night sets in to watch the show.
  • The fishing mini-game has been released! Fishing buckets and poles have appeared on the docks of Port Royal and Tortuga, walk up to them in order to play!
  • Blackjack has been released! Walk up to the Blackjack tables in the taverns on Port Royal or Tortuga in order to play. Need some gold? Play fishing or redeem the exclusive code "blackjack" to receive 200 gold!
Maintenance
  • Overall code cleanup
  • Update language localizer to contain newer phrases/game tips.
  • Fix some grammatical errors in the localizers.
  • Removed some words from the BlackList.
  • Removed some words from the WhiteList that may be abused.
  • The fireworks system has been entirely rewritten, each show is 100% randomized making each show more interesting.
    • The firework music has been re-orchestrated, let us know what you think!
    • The firework explosion sound effects have been recreated, let us know what you think!
Bugfixes
  • Fix an issue that caused the server to eject the client from the game (Error 117).
  • Fix a bug in the inventory preventing side panel pages from being viewable.
  • When deleting a pirate, the name of the pirate you are deleting now will be in the confirmation box.
  • Multiplayer movement/animations now play as they should.
  • Fixed a crash when jumping and interacting with a interactive.

Last edited:
Being that Tortuga is now finished, is the POTC character - Joshamee Gibbs - implemented in-game (much like at least 'one' of the three famous POTC characters arrr - I know - within POTCO's Port Royal)? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many guilds have managed to stay intact since PotC closed? Any idea for special recognition for them?

Yeah this is a spineless attempt at getting an Alpha key or 2 for my fellow Oceawarlord guildies. We held on and now baited breath as you folks are plugging through Alpha

Old tortuga would've been nice, I know Captain Sartana aka Taz Cortez from facebook had the old files of old tortuga and port royal

How many guilds have managed to stay intact since PotC closed? Any idea for special recognition for them?

Yeah this is a spineless attempt at getting an Alpha key or 2 for my fellow Oceawarlord guildies. We held on and now baited breath as you folks are plugging through Alpha
A few. Like Outlaws, P E A C E Keepers, Infernal Legends, etc. I don't know about guilds like INFERNO or AVENGE or such.

In the past, I have gone 'round & 'round with @xXWilee999Xx on this particular issue and so please understand that my own concerns have the overall welfare of the general community in mind. Hence, I call to TLOPO's attention the following points I would like to make below:
  1. In simple but yet well-thought out words, can someone from TLOPO please enlighten me as to why TLOPO would take such a huge and unnecessary risk in implementing POTC "film" characters (characters, mind you, The Walt Disney Company still expects to make future revenue from) into TLOPO's development?
  2. I understand TLOPO wants to keep the game nearly identical to the game-play of POTCO. In hindsight, whose "advantage" (really) would such characters bring to any particular player's game-play whom logs onto TLOPO to relive the legend?
  3. Long-term, would the implementation of such characters hinder or enhance TLOPO's longevity, taking into consideration Disney's obsession with technology to further protect it's own intellectual property?

In the past, I have gone 'round & 'round with @xXWilee999Xx on this particular issue and so please understand that my own concerns have the overall welfare of the general community in mind. Hence, I call to TLOPO's attention the following points I would like to make below:
  1. In simple but yet well-thought out words, can someone from TLOPO please enlighten me as to why TLOPO would take such a huge and unnecessary risk in implementing POTC "film" characters (characters, mind you, The Walt Disney Company still expects to make future revenue from) into TLOPO's development?
  2. I understand TLOPO wants to keep the game nearly identical to the game-play of POTCO. In hindsight, whose "advantage" (really) would such characters bring to any particular player's game-play whom logs onto TLOPO to relive the legend?
  3. Long-term, would the implementation of such characters hinder or enhance TLOPO's longevity, taking into consideration Disney's obsession with technology to further protect it's own intellectual property?
here let me make it simple for you

because they don't care

they = disney

1. We are keeping them in because the whole plot of the game revolves around these characters. We would need to rewrite the whole entire story for the game including the liberation of the black pearl in order to remove the cast (Jack/Elizabeth/Will/etc). Also, the whole entire purpose of the game is to be a pirate with Jack Sparrow and the rest, if you take out those characters the game wouldn't even be the game it used to be.
  2. See point one. It would take forever to remove the NPCs, and with the removal of the NPCs the removal of the whole entire image of the game would go with it.
  3. We have never heard from Disney before, and I personally do not think we will. If Disney would ever send us an email, or want to talk to us in some other way, I would be 100% willing to talk to them(and if such a conversation would ever exist, I would be thanking them for creating the game, it truly made my childhood awesome). We are not going to make money off of their intellectual property, so I do not see where they would be mad. It's a no-harm no-foul kind of approach.

1. We are keeping them in because the whole plot of the game revolves around these characters. We would need to rewrite the whole entire story for the game including the liberation of the black pearl in order to remove the cast (Jack/Elizabeth/Will/etc). Also, the whole entire purpose of the game is to be a pirate with Jack Sparrow and the rest, if you take out those characters the game wouldn't even be the game it used to be.
  2. See point one. It would take forever to remove the NPCs, and with the removal of the NPCs the removal of the whole entire image of the game would go with it.
  3. We have never heard from Disney before, and I personally do not think we will. If Disney would ever send us an email, or want to talk to us in some other way, I would be 100% willing to talk to them(and if such a conversation would ever exist, I would be thanking them for creating the game, it truly made my childhood awesome). We are not going to make money off of their intellectual property, so I do not see where they would be mad. It's a no-harm no-foul kind of approach.
tl;dr disney doesn't care

As it sits now, everything that POTCO did with the characters was their own doing. As long as TLOPO doesn't actually add too much additional content revolving around these characters, I can't really see any problems arising. This could be an alternative to removing them.

1. See point one. It would take forever to remove the NPCs, and with the removal of the NPCs the removal of the whole entire image of the game would go with it.
  2. We have never heard from Disney before, and I personally do not think we will. If Disney would ever send us an email, or want to talk to us in some other way, I would be 100% willing to talk to them
My line of thinking (in response to the above):
2.) It might take forever to remove such money-generating characters (i.e., POTCO NPC's) from any given POTCO emulator but then again...it would only take one SWIFT decision from Disney and it's all over for everyone! :mad: ~ IF the community is whom TLOPO is catering it's fan-base towards, it would actually be prudent to have everyone "vote" on the matter with some kind of official poll (so at least the community itself has a say in the matter according to the level of risk taken).

3.) With all due respect, any sort of post-POTCO effort should be willing to approach Disney first and give them a brief (informative) account of said project's goals. *In my opinion, it matters not the outcome of such an effort. Rather instead, said project would have gone above and beyond the call to emulate a game by assuring it's complete longevity and success. *As a ex-POTCO player, skeptics like me would truly give said project the benefit-of-the-doubt because deep down...I would have known that said project's developers had my back along with my best interests in mind. "Yes," it's just a game but a certain peace-of-mind would have overshadowed my nerves, as someone unfamiliar with the outcome of what to expect from a emulated game.
here let me make it simple for you

because they don't care

they = disney
Often, I get the impression that when you respond to a few things I write you seem to feel as if I write things publicly without first looking/researching into them. Though I do happen to know a few things friend (yeah, it's 'shocking'), I find it a bit unsettling that so many people have resolved to the fact of "knowing" an assumption when they haven't even tried to approach Disney about such an assumption.

Perhaps Disney "doesn't care" because an effort hasn't been "made" (by a leading indie developer) to inform them of such an effort. If you're resolved to do so, spare no details about the inner-workings of your project. Perhaps then, all assumptions could be put to rest according to those things Disney is 100% made aware of!

- (Responding to the issue as a whole): I'm done talking about this issue. Risks made are always two-fold, though. I tried to do my part and,...;) I hope everything turns out OK for everyone in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back