TYVM A Much-Needed, Well-Deserved Thank You

Peter Goldbeard

Pirate Lord
In light of some recent posts, the extremely hard work of TLOPOs moderation team has come to my attention. They are one of the most important parts of the TLOPO team, as they keep us safe and the game experience enjoyable. I truly love being able to play TLOPO without having to worry about my safety or being harassed in the game. Not just do they keep us safe, they also put sooooo much effort into helping those who do slip up or make mistakes that they regret, avoid bans and other moderation in the future. Not just do they do their job, they also go above and beyond to make the game better for the entire community. They are a truly wonderful team that has been misrepresented multiple times recently, but they continue to stick it out in order to keep the entire player base safe - even those that do believe they need to do a better job. I hope the community realizes all you do to keep them safe and happy - without you folks, the game would be a miserable experience. Thank you for all that you do, TLOPO Moderators, and please know that while some fail to see what you put into this as VOLUNTEERS, know that YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

P.S. Please keep this thread on topic and civil. Refrain from taking this to a discussion about issues with moderation. :thanks:

EDIT: Thanks @Remington for an amazing suggestion! Feel free to post reasons why you LOVE the TLOPO team here! Let's turn this post into Counting Up To 50,000, baby!

Last edited:
In light of some recent posts, the extremely hard work of TLOPOs moderation team has come to my attention. They are one of the most important parts of the TLOPO team, as they keep us safe and the game experience enjoyable. I truly love being able to play TLOPO without having to worry about my safety or being harassed in the game. Not just do they keep us safe, they also put sooooo much effort into helping those who do slip up or make mistakes that they regret, avoid bans and other moderation in the future. Not just do they do their job, they also go above and beyond to make the game better for the entire community. They are a truly wonderful team that has been misrepresented multiple times recently, but they continue to stick it out in order to keep the entire player base safe - even those that do believe they need to do a better job. I hope the community realizes all you do to keep them safe and happy - without you folks, the game would be a miserable experience. Thank you for all that you do, TLOPO Moderators, and please know that while some fail to see what you put into this as VOLUNTEERS, know that YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

P.S. Please keep this thread on topic and civil. Refrain from taking this to a discussion about issues with moderation. :thanks:
Couldn't have said it better myself :D

I am VERY much in appreciation for this post and what it represents. A while back I created an appreciation post that I hoped would take root but sadly it has become buried. Regardless.... I TRULY hope that this thread remains popular and reflects the appreciation of the VAST majority of the TLOPO community! Our TLOPO team... ALL of the team... Richly deserves a constant flow of, and reminder of, their importance and the appreciation we have for them concerning their care of the community, game, forums, wiki pages, artwork and so much more. So many of us think it all the time... So few of us take the time to express it! As I've said MANY times before. This is a passion for them and they put in long hours and a lot of work for FREE so that we can enjoy this wonderful game. There is no reason to let four or five people hijack all of the positive things that are going on... The amazing progress that has been made... And the hard work of those directly responsible for it.

So... A most heartfelt and sincere thank you to EVERYONE on the TLOPO team! There is no small part that is played... Things just wouldn't be the same without each and every one of you and what you do for us every... single... day...

And oh my yes... Every day I keep a two armored thumbs up just for you! :D

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE everyone who view this page to leave a little love for the TLOPO team... Lets blow them out of the water (pun intended) with encouragement, appreciation, gratitude and support! I can't WAIT to see what's next in the wonderful world of TLOPO!

Two armored thumbs up!.jpg

And just one more thing... There is a 'game' going on right now to count up to 50,000.. (I believe that's it) It's goofy and kind of interesting and I play along from time to time....

I would REALLY like to have this thread blow the '50,000' game out of the water... My personal challenge to you is to make it happen! Leave your stories here of how the mods and team members have helped you (whether it's technical, suggestions for resolving an issue or anything! Even if it was in the past!) ... stop by every chance you get to leave some love and appreciation... I want to see 50,000 positive remarks on this thread for the team and everyone who makes the forums and game better every single day. They do this for free and do not want us to pay anything, but we sure can 'pay' them in kindness and gratitude!

Oh... One last thing... TLOPO team members? You can leave some love for each other here too. I know you are like a family... So go for it! :D

Thank you! *fist bumps* <3

Last edited:
Doesn't this post belong in the feedback section.

I'm sure if that's where they want it, they will move it there... That's their decision to make... Regardless, the spirit of this post is what matters and I highly support it and thank Peter for his thoughtfulness! We aren't here to micromanage the TLOPO team. We're here as beta players. Well done Peter! *fist bumps*

We've typically housed similar "thank you" discussions in the TLOPO GD. Let's try to keep this thread on track please. If you ever think there may be an issue, you can always use the report tool and we will sort it out.

Anyways, the support and appreciation really does mean more to us all than you might think. Thanks everyone, and my own gratitude goes out to the rest of the team as well. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

I apologize. I didn't think feedback of any sort could exist on the general page without being locked. Please continue.

I'm sorry too Illuvatar, you didn't deserve a smack down like that. I appreciate your concern and hope you return here to honor our great team members or anyone else for that matter! I appreciate you and hope you have a wonderful remainder of the week! *fist bumps* :D

Wanted to pop by to thank the TLOPO team for being kind enough to be the kind of people to accept and seek out feedback from the community and use it to continue to make things better... EVEN when a lot of that input is offered in a less-than-respectful manner. John just released a rather exhaustive update to moderation procedures and it is quite impressive. Thank you team! I appreciate you! <3

Here's to the people who have worked tirelessly, worked hard, and worked with passion to bring us our beloved game back, and keep our beloved game safe. Developers & Game Moderators, you are appreciated.

Here's to the people who have worked meaningfully, worked diligently and worked with much love to keep the community together after the closure of the game, and enable us to have fun on the forums that we all so love. Forums staff, you are appreciated.

Here's to the people who have worked perilessly, worked determined and worked with the betterment of the community in mind to keep us informed and to clear our so very many doubts. Wiki staff, you are appreciated.

Here's to everyone who has in one way or the other helped better the game, you are appreciated.

Giving a shout out today to the people who aren't TLOPO team members but STILL, amazingly, help to create a happy, fun, informative and encouraging atmosphere here in the Forums! I may start naming some in the future as I return here but for now, I know you know who you are. Thank you! :) You've been the best therapy and medicine I could ask for lately. Better than family :)

Giving a shout out today to the people who aren't TLOPO team members but STILL, amazingly, help to create a happy, fun, informative and encouraging atmosphere here in the Forums! I may start naming some in the future as I return here but for now, I know you know who you are. Thank you! :) You've been the best therapy and medicine I could ask for lately. Better than family :)

In my opinion, this is where most of the thanks should go. Those of us in the staff recreate or help moderate/develop the game because we not only love it, but love seeing all of you enjoy it - and we can't thank you all enough for your support. More importantly, we can't thank you all enough for how positive and upstanding you are to your fellow pirates! We do notice, and it puts a pretty big smile on our faces ;)
---

To those of you who are supportive and kind to everyone, thank you! We love you guys, I'm sure you know who you are :)

Back