A Scolding

It is especially harmful to young people who don't realize the bad that can happen. Parents/grandparents/guardians should warn younger ones not to share their accounts and especially passwords. That was one of the first things I taught my grandkids. Also taught them not to give out any real personal info about who they are and address and phone number.

Here's another tip for parents (this is what I did), you can have your phone company send you a list of every number and text message on your monthly bill. It may cost a little extra, but it's worth it. I knew everybody my kids talked to and if I didn't know them, I had their number and location.

Honestly stealing accounts in this remake isn't nearly as serious as stealing accounts in POTCO, simply because you had to pay money to get full access in the game. Stealing accounts sometimes meant stealing money from people in POTCO, but since this remake is free the only thing you're losing is your progress, and maybe a beta key if you are lucky enough to have one.

Also @Yulia, I found your jokes funny :))

Honestly stealing accounts in this remake isn't nearly as serious as stealing accounts in POTCO, simply because you had to pay money to get full access in the game. Stealing accounts sometimes meant stealing money from people in POTCO, but since this remake is free the only thing you're losing is your progress, and maybe a beta key if you are lucky enough to have one.

Also @Yulia, I found your jokes funny :))
Sorry I take stealing seriously. Especially when they steal from someone who is more innocent like a child. Their progress can mean a lot to them.

Sorry I take stealing seriously. Especially when they steal from someone who is more innocent like a child. Their progress can mean a lot to them.
I played Disney's VMK when I was in 1st grade, and I gave someone my password because they said they could get me something really nice if I did. They stole all of my items and basically made me start from the beginning.. Yeah it felt awful, but I sure did learn my lesson. Looking back, I'm glad I learned that lesson by losing something as arbitrary and non-important as items in an online game that doesn't even exist anymore.

Stealing is a serious subject, but this item being 'stolen' (an account for an online game) is really not that serious.

I played Disney's VMK when I was in 1st grade, and I gave someone my password because they said they could get me something really nice if I did. They stole all of my items and basically made me start from the beginning.. Yeah it felt awful, but I sure did learn my lesson. Looking back, I'm glad I learned that lesson by losing something as arbitrary and non-important as items in an online game that doesn't even exist anymore.

Stealing is a serious subject, but this item being 'stolen' (an account for an online game) is really not that serious.

I'm just excited that I found a fellow VMK player on here!
I do think that any item being stolen -- whether or not it is virtual, such as an account for an online game-- is a serious, yet preventable occurrence. I agree with your sentiment, however, that it's better to learn your lesson for something inconsequential, compared to something like losing all your money in your bank account...
then having to live on the streets and eventually dying from starvation. Or something like that.

Back