Add a Bill Ironskull marker

Hoot

Wanted Pirate
It's been years since Bill had passed but I was wondering since Bill was my friend, GM, mentor, and the most honorable pirate that anyone met. I was hoping that his marker could be placed on an svs Island. Since he still to this day is the icon of svs. I hope most if not all of you are in agreement with me.

Like a remembrance maybe his name in the sand or a building with his name on it. Something like that.

If you guys do here's an image that's perfect...
imgres

I said this somewhere else on another thread or something similar to it.

Its a nice gesture and any dedicated member of POTCO who passes deserve to be honored so, but its not something I feel should happen simply because it can be a subject of abuse. It is one of those all or nothing things. Further, if we decided it should at least be done for the POTCO "Famous" then its really subject to interpretation in all honesty.

Again, I'm sorry he passed and its a tragedy he did but we can't go around doing things like this for one person because then others will feel like they are entitled to the same.

I said this somewhere else on another thread or something similar to it.

Its a nice gesture and any dedicated member of POTCO who passes deserve to be honored so, but its not something I feel should happen simply because it can be a subject of abuse. It is one of those all or nothing things. Further, if we decided it should at least be done for the POTCO "Famous" then its really subject to interpretation in all honesty.

Again, I'm sorry he passed and its a tragedy he did but we can't go around doing things like this for one person because then others will feel like they are entitled to the same.
There's a memorial page on one of the TLOPO sites, but I think we should just have a barstool reserved in every tavern with a sign above it stating something like "For the crewmates who haven't made it back to shore yet." or something to that effect.

@deanaug @Mike Wass If yall have the time to reply, what do yall think?

Why not have an NPC of Bill Ironskull? I feel like that would allow him to quite literally live forever in TLOPO. Also keep in mind that another member of our community, David Shipward, passed away, probably the only person to get two legendary cursed blades in 10 minutes. What should we do for him?

I dont think this is a good idea..., potco/tlopo is a game, not a grave yard. I understand the intention but it would set a precedent..
A Guardian, Yoco..died too, so you would have to make something for her and everyone else who died.

I dont think this is a good idea..., potco/tlopo is a game, not a grave yard. I understand the intention but it would set a precedent..
A Guardian, Yoco..died too, so you would have to make something for her and everyone else who died.
I agree, can you imagine how many names of people that have passed on, if put on TLOPO? It would be just a sad reminder. But remember they will always be in your hearts and that's where it matters, not on some game. The game is to be enjoyed and have fun and an escape from reality.

Last edited:
I agree, can you imagine how many names of people that have passed on, if put on TLOPO? It would be just a sad reminder. But remember they will always be in your hearts and that's where it matters, not on some game. The game is to be enjoyed and have fun and an escape from reality.

Thats why a generic thing like @TorchTheWallet said regarding the bar stool and "For all the crewmates who havnt come to shore yet" thing would work the best.

However lemme remind you potco was originally rated pg-13 for the so called violence. But yeah I would dare say do the sign above the bar stools.

Back