Add a Bill Ironskull marker

That's not an objective statement, though. Because clearly there are those that enjoyed the game for what it was. Like, I try to play Pirates of the Burning Sea, but the game just isn't the same, and no matter how many friends from PotCO that I had online with me, it was just never as fun.

For the vast majority of people, it was the community. But for loners like me, it was the game itself.
If you were in the game alone, with no other players, there would be no PvP, no SvS, no one to fight ships with, no one to fight invasions with, no one to loot with, no one to join your guild. The game is based on having many players. Without other people, you cannot play the game fully.

If you were in the game alone, with no other players, there would be no PvP, no SvS, no one to fight ships with, no one to fight invasions with, no one to loot with, no one to join your guild. The game is based on having many players. Without other people, you cannot play the game fully.
Okay, fair point, so let me rephrase it. For most everyone, it was the social aspect of the game. Not for me.

Back