Ahoy, I'm Joseph Gunwrecker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings mates, I am Joeseph Gunwrecker.

My History in POTCO:
I originally created an account shortly after the launch of POTCO which allowed me to become a founder. I took a screenshot at that time, but a computer crash robbed me of the photo and at the same time I lost access to the account. I created another account to replace it after Disney stonewalled me about reinstating me access to my old account and as a result I had to grind through to the level cap which was 40 at the time from the beginning again. When the raven's cove update hit I ground through another 10 levels to the new cap and also started hunting for Legendary weapons. Although I scoured Isla Tormeta and Raven's Cove (killing multiple enemies at once) and also went on frequent boss runs to Foulberto Smasho, I never found a single Legendary Weapon. Besides my apparent bad luck with Legendaries, I had wonderful luck finding Famed weapons (I had looted well over 40 by the closing ceremony). I also managed to get three ships (a War Frigate, a War Galleon and a War Brig) and also got my War Brig upgraded to Fortune Hunter IV. Despite my feats, POTCO closed and I was sad to see it go; especially since my lack of a subscription and my busy schedule meant that I wasn't able to log in to the game during the closing week. I had survived the subscription system on prepaid game cards and although I hated the legendary drop rates (which was very frustrating) I had overall enjoyed the game.

The hiatus without POTCO:
Since then I had been trying to find a new MMORPG that I could get into that had a similar feel and immersion to POTCO. Although a few were close (such as Star Trek Online), I never got my Pirates Online fix and searched in vain. I had been following the progress Pirates Online Rewritten, but since it closed I had lost hope in a recreation. I did not know about the merge of another remake and TLOPO until quite recently or even if TLOPO existed. I was originally hesitant to creating an account on TLOPO because of Disney's feared legal team and wanted to prevent being ripped off. But I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got the guts to start again.

From POTCO to TLOPO:
When I first began after creating the account, I was super excited to get back to a game I had enjoyed (besides the subscription model and shoddy legendary weapon drop rates) overall until it closed. Despite its loading crashes and other issues, I was even more surprised to find that it was already as close if not identical to the game I had been longing to play for many years since the closure of the original. I quickly ground out to level 29
+ and am getting close to finishing the story quest again.

I created the forum account at the request of JohnnyDaPirate, my guildmaster, for discord access purposes. Unfortunately I haven't received a reply from JohnnyDaPirate yet with the invite code.

Welcome to the forums! We're so glad you've joined us here! Please be sure to check back regularly on the forums as they are a fantastic resource for new information, content updates and some really cool people to interact with in the threads :) Welcome aboard! Two armored thumbs up! :)

Welcome to the forums! :)
If you have any questions or just want a buddy feel free to contact me ^_^
Have a nice day and stay cheesy!

Ahoy mate! Welcome to the Forums! Weigh the anchor and hoist yer sails thar be excitin times here on the forums! Be sure to check out the threads as they contain a wealth of helpful information. :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back