another remake and POTHS Unite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we're adding old bodies and also old islands on one of our server rooms. There will also be the Kraken, but yes there will certainly be more weapons and clothes :)

Actually, Samuel, aren't you modelling the Kraken? If so, then Danny Rooney, there's some additional content ;)

Gleams silly, you never gave me those phase files. I need those phase files. Actually I asked Rocky, but he gave me something completely different, nothing to do with the kraken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we're adding old bodies and also old islands on one of our server rooms. There will also be the Kraken, but yes there will certainly be more weapons and clothes :)

Actually, Samuel, aren't you modelling the Kraken? If so, then Danny Rooney, there's some additional content ;)

How many servers will there be? I'm on quiet servers alot and what servers won't be there or be the same

How many servers will there be? I'm on quiet servers alot and what servers won't be there or be the same

For exact amount of servers for right now we don't know, they obviously won't be the same, and it doesn't matter the names, it will be pretty much the same to what POTCO had.

While it is certainly admirable that another remake promises to provide "old" bodies and SVS again (not to mention the introduction of the 'Kraken'), correct me if I am wrong but would not each contribute to the all familiar LAG that players did unfortunately experience from playing POTCO?

I had thought that the whole reason why POTCO developers choose to cycle the "old" bodies out of POTCO was that it created some issues with the gaming experience itself. Also, the Kraken was promised but there again, POTCO developers choose to opted out of incorporating the squid into the game on account of the sea monster suckering out too much juice from the game.

*What reassurance could another remake give to assure that the another remake gaming experience will remain enjoyable despite the addition of these features? :confused:

What are you guys doing to be doing in terms of music? Would be cool to add the old sailing music back... :)

While it is certainly admirable that another remake promises to provide "old" bodies and SVS again (not to mention the introduction of the 'Kraken'), correct me if I am wrong but would not each contribute to the all familiar LAG that players did unfortunately experience from playing POTCO?

I had thought that the whole reason why POTCO developers choose to cycle the "old" bodies out of POTCO was that it created some issues with the gaming experience itself. Also, the Kraken was promised but there again, POTCO developers choose to opted out of incorporating the squid into the game on account of the sea monster suckering out too much juice from the game.

*What reassurance could another remake give to assure that the another remake gaming experience will remain enjoyable despite the addition of these features? :confused:

That is a very good question, Shamus. :)

From my personal experience, the old bodies gave me no problem, but I'm not giving that as an answer. In the phase files, there are 3 types of main character: as an example, mp_500.bam, mp_1000.bam and mp_2000.bam. These refer to the quality of how they look, etc. So, if it was a problem, then possibly there could be a way of reducing these problems by not using the 2000 but maybe the 1000 or 500.

Yep, we did think about that point with the Kraken. If needed be, we could add it to quiet server rooms (e.g. Battama), but again we may have to make the Kraken so it gives a little less lag, but we'll see in our alpha test in a few months :)

There will be many server rooms/oceans but I'm not sure. I believe Tomislav (server manager) has shown me an Abassa, Antik, Vachira room and some others I can't recall the others. But there will be some quiet and some ideal.

Gleams silly, you never gave me those phase files. I need those phase files. Actually I asked Rocky, but he gave me something completely different, nothing to do with the kraken.

Do you mean the kraken sounds or the male animations? Or all the phase files in general? That's all we have to do with the kraken in the phase files, if not let's discuss it on our wiki :) I don't think this is the best place to discuss our work :p
What are you guys doing to be doing in terms of music? Would be cool to add the old sailing music back... :)

This is what we love about the phase files. We sure are adding the old sailing music.

That is a very good question, Shamus. :)

From my personal experience, the old bodies gave me no problem, but I'm not giving that as an answer. In the phase files, there are 3 types of main character: as an example, mp_500.bam, mp_1000.bam and mp_2000.bam. These refer to the quality of how they look, etc. So, if it was a problem, then possibly there could be a way of reducing these problems by not using the 2000 but maybe the 1000 or 500.

Yep, we did think about that point with the Kraken. If needed be, we could add it to quiet server rooms (e.g. Battama), but again we may have to make the Kraken so it gives a little less lag, but we'll see in our alpha test in a few months :)

There will be many server rooms/oceans but I'm not manager) has shown me an Abassa, Antik, Vachira room and some others I can't recall the others. But there will be somuiet and some ideal.
where there be live chat like POTCO used to have?

where there be live chat like POTCO used to have?

This question was answered already (click on below thread and locate 'Game Support/Customer Service' heading) but, perhaps if someone from another remake could respond back then that would help to reiterate what was claimed already as well.
We will certainly strive to meet your needs, but if we aren't there on live chat, then our email service is soon open. We also intend to make sure our international players get what they need; once we have released Beta, we intend to translate all the text. What's more is, once they enter text, I have figured out a way of translation so that the text can translate to English.

I hope they have founders titles just for my nostalgic purposes, and skull bandanas, and War Frigates :)

Great work both of you, looking forward to getting ready for the second coming of POTCO, and this PotHS, I have already had a look at and I can't wait to see it live.

I hope they have founders titles just for my nostalgic purposes, and skull bandanas, and War Frigates :)

Great work both of you, looking forward to getting ready for the second coming of POTCO, and this PotHS, I have already had a look at and I can't wait to see it live.

We'll have all 3, but the founder's program will be for those who join the game on the first day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back