Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Admirals Cutlass

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Other (Leave in the comments below)

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
So I recently was looting at Isla Tormenta, and I managed to find the Black Shark Blade. It had me wondering, what is the best non-cursed famed weapon in game? (Swords only)

latest

This is the Black Shark Blade. It is pretty good, but I'm not sure if it can be called the "best non-cursed famed".

Here is the Admirals Cutlass. It is also pretty good. But is it better than the Black Shark Blade?

So which do you think is better? If there is a different weapon you would use, put it in the comments!

I prefer broadswords. Masterwork Broadsword is the best non-cursed famed sword in my opinion. Although other broadswords have slightly more damage, the critical strike rank 3 and spin cut boost of +3 combined make this the best non-cursed famed sword to me.
View attachment 98229

If we are talking only cutlasses then Black Shark Blade is by far the best in my opinion.
I agree, broadswords are by far more powerful. However, in regards to PVP, I think they are pretty unfair, since they have such a large range for accuracy. Either way, I agree in regards to going for the Black Shark Blade, but I wanna hear what everyone else has to say.

In terms of the two swords you mentioned the Black Shark Blade is clearly superior. There are other swords that may be close though: seven seas, kingfisher, generals, and masterwork all are close in power. Probably the Black Shark will yield the fastest kill against a lone enemy, does that make it the most powerful?

Of course if you are taking on multiple enemies then even a light broadsword is more powerful than the Thunderspine. For 1 on 1 combat the Black Shark, Kingfisher, or Seven Seas Cutlass. For multiple enemies at once, the General's or Masterwork broadsword unless you're talking voodoo wielders in which case the Broadsword of the Inquisition. This is only considering swords but there are many guns that are more powerful than swords, the Grand Blunderbuss for one.

Last edited:
So I recently was looting at Isla Tormenta, and I managed to find the Black Shark Blade. It had me wondering, what is the best non-cursed famed weapon in game? (Swords only)

latest

This is the Black Shark Blade. It is pretty good, but I'm not sure if it can be called the "best non-cursed famed".

Here is the Admirals Cutlass. It is also pretty good. But is it better than the Black Shark Blade?

So which do you think is better? If there is a different weapon you would use, put it in the comments!
im gonna have to say admirals because while crit is dope, its not 100%. picking black shark blade over admirals is like picking barracuda/master work broad over world eater blade bc it has crit

If you want the real story and WHY? You have to ask yourself what do you want to be "Best" at?

Black Shark Blade = 2nd Best PvP sword. (Relies on crits)

Admiral's Cutlass = Best Non-Cursed CUTLASS in the game. (Terms of single target)

General's Broadsword = Best for Group Looting (Due to Reverse Spin Boost)

Masterwork Broadsword = Tied with General's (It only beats General's DMG IF one of the 2 ending combos crits.)

If you want the real story and WHY? You have to ask yourself what do you want to be "Best" at?

Black Shark Blade = 2nd Best PvP sword. (Relies on crits)

Admiral's Cutlass = Best Non-Cursed CUTLASS in the game. (Terms of single target)

General's Broadsword = Best for Group Looting (Due to Reverse Spin Boost)

Masterwork Broadsword = Tied with General's (It only beats General's DMG IF one of the 2 ending combos crits.)

Back