Beta Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unfortunate. I just heard about Mob-dropped Beta Keys and I was determined in my next playtime to farm a key for myself. Oh well, when it's back I guess so will I in full force.

That's a good question, I really wish I knew. I hope so in the later stages when the game is more stable, but if not we'll need to suffice.
Well, if it gets stable enough they'll just move on into open beta and eliminate the need for keys entirely.

Presumably, since the versions we're getting now are "rc" instead of "beta", we're probably getting close to that open beta point. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see beta keys again.

Well, if it gets stable enough they'll just move on into open beta and eliminate the need for keys entirely.

Presumably, since the versions we're getting now are "rc" instead of "beta", we're probably getting close to that open beta point. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see beta keys again.
Yeah. That's more or less what I was hinting towards when I mentioned the need to suffice, as Beta keys, as it's looking, are either going to remain or become useless very, very soon.

Seems like a bit of wishful thinking since re-opening semi-open beta had considerably more bugs than expected from what I understand. Beta keys are kinda up in the air and mostly speculation at this point since TLOPO hasn't made any official correspondence regarding them. As for open beta, I think they're going to wait until things are considerably more stable before they invite a massive influx of players at once. I won't be holding my breath for open beta to release any time soon.

Gotta agree with pogoemt on this one I'm afraid folks. Return of beta was amazing, and on my end atleast it was great that I no longer crashed every five minutes while trying to play, the amount of code cleanup was either massive, or the pieces they fixed were crucial. So far, the game is experiencing less over-all errors, but there are still bugs aplenty to be found, some of them minor but alot of them technically hampering full playability of the game. I think they're gonna try and fix things up a little neater before keys return, and I think they will eventually return. It took alot of work before they released keys as mob drops initially, and it's gonna take a lot more work before they feel confident enough in the code and in the servers to suddenly let all those players who have been chomping at the bit bullrush online.

The teams done a great job so far and i'm always eager to see what the next update brings, but best not to get ahead of ourselves. Your prediction has merit Misha, beta keys will indeed return and become useless. But I don't believe it's quite as soon as we might be hoping for. I would think most agree they're happy to wait and let the devs take their time to put out something closer to complete and more fun to explore.

that's disappointing but at least it is a possibility, my pc was not very good back when the old pirates online was running, so I could not play to much, but now I have a great pc with hardware that can handle anything this game throws at it. I am ready for pirates online this time!

Darn I was so hoping that I could find one in game. I hate having to wait to play. Hopefully the do more or open the game

how do I obtain a beta key I haven't played in almost 3 yrs and never heard of needing a beta key can someone give me one some how so I can get bk to playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back