Discussion Bounty Hunters

sketcherskt

Pirate
you know in the assassin creed games when your threat level goes up you can rip down wanted posters to reduce your threat, we should have a way to reduce the threat of bounty hunters so we can continue to sink normal ships without the bounty hunters sinking us, its as if I sink 2 or 3 ships and Im running from the bounty hunters.

They show up when your holds are full, so getting a bigger ship or a cargo upgrade lets you scourge the seas for longer. If you don't want to deal with hunters, dock regularly and divvy up the spoils. You don't want to sail for an hour then lose all your loot to a client crash anyway.

I'd like to see a way to designate which loot you keep and which you drop. For example, if you just want rare ship materials. Everything else will drop. You could do it for a gold run, only keep royals.

This so much, With a Fortune Hunter I War Galleon I have so so many crates which is a waste of time gold wise. I'd like to only receive regular chests or higher and toss all crates away.

They show up when your holds are full, so getting a bigger ship or a cargo upgrade lets you scourge the seas for longer. If you don't want to deal with hunters, dock regularly and divvy up the spoils. You don't want to sail for an hour then lose all your loot to a client crash anyway.

Yesterday evening we were chased down by a Bounty Hunter with ZERO cargo!!! It was so annoying. We docked and then reboarded and it was still after us. We made sure it wasn't glitched by letting it strike us to see if it did any damage...it did! We ended up having to defeat it...we got around 260 rep points with crew bonus and ZERO plunder...but not gonna lie...it was sure fun lol.

Pretty sure if you sink skeleton ships Bounty Hunters won't come after you. I believe that's the way it was in POTCO but sure if it runs that way now in TLOPO.

This so much, With a Fortune Hunter I War Galleon I have so so many crates which is a waste of time gold wise. I'd like to only receive regular chests or higher and toss all crates away.
Keep plundering. The cargoes will be replaced with better loot if obtained.

That is true. Skeleton ships did not announce my ship's presence in-game.
Shooting them doesn't, but if you sink enough to fill your cargo you suddenly start flying the colours, apparently as a courtesy so the hunters know who to target. They are, in the proud tradition of privateers, very hard to tell apart from pirates.

I think he's saying that we choose which loot we get rid of, not which loot we receive. You'd still receive the crates, it's just with this in place you could choose if you want to dump something other than the crates (crates are always dumped first when you get higher quality loot).

Also, I don't think that hitting EITC ships currently triggers anything, meaning you can sink EITC ships without getting any "scoundrel" flags. I could be wrong, but if I'm not, that should be fixed. And if hunters do come after you even if you don't hit any Navy/EITC, that should also be fixed - the hunters are after the bounty the navy's placed on you, not your loot, so if the navy has no quarrel with you, hunters shouldn't either.

I think he's saying that we choose which loot we get rid of, not which loot we receive. You'd still receive the crates, it's just with this in place you could choose if you want to dump something other than the crates (crates are always dumped first when you get higher quality loot).

Exactly. The only things you can't dump are ship mats and rare ship mats. But what if you want full royals? Can't get it because hunters and war ships come after you and it's pain to remove their sails and stay away while trying to fight something else.

I'm not sure you currently lose any of the loot in any case. I've been on voyages that kept fighting hunters until there was nothing left in the hold but upgrade materials, and still got a ton of gold and items when we eventually docked.

So apparently once i get full cargo on any of my ships, i dont get any bounty hunters after me what so ever. Is anyone else having this problem? if so how did you fix it? it sucks not being able to get any bounty hunters at all, even when out plundering for an hour straight..

Yesterday evening we were chased down by a Bounty Hunter with ZERO cargo!!! It was so annoying.

You can get the attention of a bounty hunter if it's quarry ported and it's just sitting off shore and you blast it, even accidentally. Not sure about the bounty hunters still waiting for you, but I will add this - when it happened to me I noticed that my ship was launching from where i last ported - NOT from the island I was actually on. So, the game must not be resetting your ship and the hunter.

So apparently once i get full cargo on any of my ships, i dont get any bounty hunters after me what so ever. Is anyone else having this problem? if so how did you fix it? it sucks not being able to get any bounty hunters at all, even when out plundering for an hour straight..
Usually once you get full cargo and sink a few more ships you should get a dialogue from the "First Mate". If it happens and a Bounty Hunter does not appear, it is likely that it was picked off or "taken" by another ship. This is most likely a bug as Hunters should always go after the original target and never switch interests if I remember from POTCO correctly.

Usually once you get full cargo and sink a few more ships you should get a dialogue from the "First Mate". If it happens and a Bounty Hunter does not appear, it is likely that it was picked off or "taken" by another ship. This is most likely a bug as Hunters should always go after the original target and never switch interests if I remember from POTCO correctly.

Makes sense, but this happened for like 5 runs straight. I got it to work now though. I had to sail out by myself and get full cargo sink a few more then it worked again. Before that i was going out everytime with a guildmate and it wouldnt work.

You can get the attention of a bounty hunter if it's quarry ported and it's just sitting off shore and you blast it, even accidentally.
That's such a videogames thing, isn't it? Blasting a passing stranger with a dozen incendiary cannonballs 'accidentally'. :D

Back