Build-your-own-ship option

It would be cool to see this. I think how it should go is we are given a bunch of options for parts and they all have some certain stats to them and a certain amount of mass. Then we are building our ships we have a mass limit that we can not exceed. This way when we are building our ships we will not be able to just stack things infinitely. Then we have to make choices on how our ships will perform with our selection of sails, hull types, and the size of our hull type. So it would be like trying to make the most efficient ship possible out of the materials you have. I would say the hull parts should be sold in three parts. Rear of the ship, middle of the ship, front of the ship. These will be parts from the current ships in game. So you could for instance make a ship with a sloop back, galleon, mid and frigate front. That probably sounds goofy but I think the devs could come up with a way the different parts could fit together and make something that looks like a ship and not a clown ship. The different parts would all have a different ratings on different things. Some would have less mass to them but hold less armor, cargo, crew, but would allow your ship to be faster. Others would focus on other stats. Once you have the hull put together you will have certain mass rating which will allow you to have so-many broadsides and so many deck cannons. You then have to decide the way you will distribute them. You could go all deck cannons or all broadside and have zero of the other so you have to find a balance in-between or focus on one to the suffering of the other. So lets say you get to this stage and you have the ability to put 30 broadsides on it or 3o deck guns. maybe you decide to 15/15 or 20/10 or 10/20 with it. I would imagine on your ship you would have locations to put your deck guns so you could pick where you would put them. You could emphasizes how many guns you put on one side of the ship for instance or you could put more guns up front or in the rear. The broadsides I think you should pick number and the game should just put them on the middle of the ship in rows. Deck guns we should get to pick where they go.

Anyway that is my food for thought on it. I will point out. I do not think we should be able to build a ship that is really more powerful than the four warships we have now but we should just be able to take those ships diversify them some more or make them even more specific to a certain task. So we could not make the ship of the line for instance but could take a frigate and its qualities and take a galleon middle or a brig middle hull to increase the amount broadsides it has at the cost of some armor and HP possably and maybe even some crew. I would imagine in that situation the galleon would reduce crew and deck guns a little and give more cargo and more broadside. The big mid hull in that situation would keep deck guns, crew, and cargo the same. It would reduce the armor and add broadside. Galleon might increase armor and reduce HP.

Last edited:
Back