[Closed] Beta Key give away 2!

What do you think of this format, should I keep this or randomly pick a winner?

• I love it, please keep it as is!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Its fun, but nothing special.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't care, I just want a key!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I would prefer the other method, but this works.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Nope, doesn't work, go with the random chance.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikte

Honorable Pirate
I got nothing to explain this, was just looting and killing some time (and some flytraps) when out of the blue yet another beta key. Seems like I couldn't find one when I needed one but after I found my first one, now they are popping up around every corner. Time for another give way it seems.

The Low Down
This will be a scavenger hunt, the goal will be to post a screen shot of a certain character, enemy or what ever else might be out there. I've already selected that thing you will need to find. I'll be posting clues randomly as the contest goes on, they will start out very vague and gradually get more descriptive.

Rules
Post a screen shot of what you think it might be (multiple screen shots per post is fine, up to 3) and the first to post it wins, please do not spam posts or random screen shots. If it seems you only flooding the thread with random screenshots you will be disqualified. When someone posts the right thing I'll message them of their winning. If you already have a beta key please do not try to enter as this is for people without a key. I'll be posting the clues via editing the main post, so keep a eye out.

If you win
When I PM you that you won please send me a screenshot of your account (strike out your name or any other details if you like) as I want proof that you do not indeed have a key already.

Clues
Clue 1: I bask in the warm rays of the Caribbean (initial clue so people can see the thread)
Clue 2: I rarely see the people of land and murderous mast.
Clue 3: I see few visitors, I only see those who are meant to be forgotten.
Clue 4: I look north onto the sea, with the Devil at my feet.
Clue 5: I shift and wave in the salty wind, casting relief from the suns harsh rays with my green canopy.
Clue 6: From my
roots, I watch over his shoulder as we observe the turning of the tides.

Other notes
I'm trying out doing a scavenger hunt above just randomly picking a winner so it will be more fun instead of waiting and hoping. Should this format be a flop or people generally don't like it I'll just put everyone who enters in a random name generator and choose that way. Should that be the case I'll post a comment in the thread and change the initial post. If you have questions or need clarification just send me a PM.

Last edited:
Well that is a pretty vague clue, but I tried to think outside the box. I am gonna say it is the island of Kingshead.

Attachments

• Kingshead.jpg
    Kingshead.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 109
I've got some questions about the rules on posting a guess. First of all, do they need to be posted here on this thread, or sent as a private message? Posting an answer publicly here may give everyone else a clue on what to look for, even if the posted answer isn't correct (for example, maybe they'll realise the item must be on a certain island). I would prefer that answers are privately messaged to you, but maybe you want all guesses to be public.

Second question, do the screenshots have to be taken myself? Or is it acceptable to post screenshots found online, or taken by a friend? I ask because we could continue to make guesses outside of our booked slots, but obviously wouldn't be able to take a screenshot and post here if we think we've figured it out. You may give us a new clue which would immediately help me figure out the answer, but I may not be able to post it for many hours, during which time someone else could beat me to it.

Thanks for the second giveaway! You're really lucky to have found three keys. I think this contest format is great, as it's a lot more fun and also rewards players who know more about the game (and hence are more likely to make the most of unlimited playtime).

To everyone else, enjoy the hunt and good luck!

My first guess is the Island of Port Royal. Port Royal is the central location on the entire map, so it quite literally basks in the rays of the Caribbean.
aba39f041462500da71408905698da03.png

My second guess is the Island of Tortuga. Tortuga is the heart and spirit of the caribbean. It is where pirates, and other friendly character gather to play some rounds of poker, have some drinks, and overall, just have fun.
d2055694b1d0a166486c2b71393b9154.png

My final guess, and this one was a bit of a long shot, and it is...
The player character. The pirate you play as quite literally basks in the warm rays of the Caribbean, as you play as an active, and joyful pirate.
e18b0288d3b176268a6b0803df269a1d.png

These are my three first guesses.

A bit of a hint and some clarification, each clue as you know helps to narrow down what and where my thing is, but (and I shouldn't give this away) in each clue there will be a word or phrase that pertains to the thing, so you could figure out what it is long before you know where it is. Another hint is that these clues will be worded as if the thing is saying them from its perspective.

Some questions:
I've got some questions about the rules on posting a guess. First of all, do they need to be posted here on this thread, or sent as a private message? Posting an answer publicly here may give everyone else a clue on what to look for, even if the posted answer isn't correct (for example, maybe they'll realize the item must be on a certain island). I would prefer that answers are privately messaged to you, but maybe you want all guesses to be public.

Second question, do the screenshots have to be taken myself? Or is it acceptable to post screenshots found online, or taken by a friend? I ask because we could continue to make guesses outside of our booked slots, but obviously wouldn't be able to take a screenshot and post here if we think we've figured it out. You may give us a new clue which would immediately help me figure out the answer, but I may not be able to post it for many hours, during which time someone else could beat me to it.
First question: I would prefer they be posted in the thread, because I don't want my PM box getting flooded, and it would be cool to see a timeline of everyone's guesses getting closer and closer.
Second question: Because I'm confident that there won't be a trace of the goal on the web, screen shots via the web are fine.

This is great XD. I think all beta key giveaways should be like this. If you could tell us the schedule for the hints, that would be great! My guesses will come soon :)
There won't be a set time for clues mainly because my schedule won't allow it but also because I'm mean and want some randomness in the clues. But generally I'll try to post them on the hour and maybe one clue a day. If I find this to be going on too long there will be more per day.

To everyone who guessed already you got brownie points in my book for going for it right off the bat. And I suppose I should post another clue now that the thread has had some time :p

Edit: Keep in mind the goal can be ANYTHING, from characters, to objects to even a single crate sitting around, anything.

Last edited:
Clue 2: I rarely see the people of land and murderous mast.

Last edited:
My first guess for clue 2:
I realized that giving an explanation behind every screenshot I post may give people ideas, so here is the screenshot. Courtesy of google images.
My guess is El Patron's Ship, which can be found shipwrecked on Raven's Cove.
latest

For my first guess, I nominate the adorable Easteregg Jailer Dog. Bask in the beauty of the hidden dog on Outcast Isle. Gosh, I wish he were a legit quest character.
Place; DOG 2.png

For my first guess, I nominate the adorable Easteregg Jailer Dog. Bask in the beauty of the hidden dog on Outcast Isle. Gosh, I wish he were a legit quest character.
View attachment 77552
Wow, I didn't even know he was a thing. Now I need to go on a scavenger hunt of my own and see if I can find him XD

Keep the guess coming everyone, the moment I see the winner I'll let you all know.

Wow, I didn't even know he was a thing. Now I need to go on a scavenger hunt of my own and see if I can find him XD

Keep the guess coming everyone, the moment I see the winner I'll let you all know.

The notification about you quoting my answer gave me a heart attack thinking I'd won. XD Darn, well, try try again. But only twice...

Patiently waiting for clue 3. This riddle truly has me stumped. The answers I could think of have already been guessed.
Keep in mind, they start out vague, I'd hail you as a god if you manage to put the pieces together after only a few clues. My hope is that this goes for a day or so before people really starting hitting home.

I promise the next clue will give you a good idea on how challenging I made this and at the same time give you a strong idea in what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back