Content Spotlight Discussion: Leaderboards!

Of course I’d love to see leaderboards back, I consider them an original part of the game which imo makes them a must. I feel it would be good to start with the same leaderboards as were in potco but since it’s evident that tlopo does track more things I don’t see why they couldn’t be expanded eventually to include things like potions and fishing etc. I suspect I’d be horrified if I found out how many times I defeated Remmy with no reward, lol.

I don’t see why they couldn’t be expanded eventually to include things like potions and fishing etc.

We currently track both fishing and potions. All of our categories are shown in our Content Spotlight thread:

Given that I don't do pvp and strongly feel leaderboards are a staple of pvp and pretty much just a curiosity in the pve realm, I just think there seems to be more effort into pvp lately. Is this because the dev's feel this is the stronger community with the most needs to satisfy at this time? Regardless the reason, I'm happy that someone will be happy with all these pvp developments getting the attention and work.

Fortunately, tlopo still gives us the ability to ignore these extra things. Just not crazy about 'improvements' that are thinly veiled as wanted or needed by the whole community that effects all segments of the game.

Given that I don't do pvp and strongly feel leaderboards are a staple of pvp and pretty much just a curiosity in the pve realm, I just think there seems to be more effort into pvp lately. Is this because the dev's feel this is the stronger community with the most needs to satisfy at this time? Regardless the reason, I'm happy that someone will be happy with all these pvp developments getting the attention and work.

Fortunately, tlopo still gives us the ability to ignore these extra things. Just not crazy about 'improvements' that are thinly veiled as wanted or needed by the whole community that effects all segments of the game.
Currently we do not have any PvP categories on our Leaderboards.
567EEE07-77B2-4702-AB1A-D34F445FE96F.jpeg
We are adding Leaderboards back because they existed in POTCO and gave players a sense of competition with each other.

I disagree with your thinking that leaderboards are mostly for PvP. I and many of my friends enjoyed the leaderboards even though we were not big PvP people at all. I do think that tlopo has given more consideration to SvS lately and I’m not so certain about PvP but I will say that these things have been lagging in improvements and the attention is warranted since there is a large community that had been under served. Of course anyone who is not interested in leaderboards can ignore them so I agree that they are not very intrusive to anyone’s game.

I disagree with your thinking that leaderboards are mostly for PvP. I and many of my friends enjoyed the leaderboards even though we were not big PvP people at all. I do think that tlopo has given more consideration to SvS lately and I’m not so certain about PvP but I will say that these things have been lagging in improvements and the attention is warranted since there is a large community that had been under served. Of course anyone who is not interested in leaderboards can ignore them so I agree that they are not very intrusive to anyone’s game.
Eric, I understand how it seems like tlopo has given more consideration to SvS recently, but with the nature of development certain things are focused on at a time. Rest assured PvP players will get their turn soon enough!

Back