Quests "Defeat Kudgel" Quest Step Bug

David Fireburn

Swashbuckler
Hi all, my gf and I have been working through the Raven's Cove quest together and we got to the step where we have to defeat Kudgel. All was working fine until I went down and my lady tried to revive me. We both ended up dying unfortunately. When we went back to try again, Kudgel's name was green again. I can't talk to Bellrog either to continue or restart that step. They both just act like regular NPCs and proceed to tell me tips about the game like other NPCs do.

Same issue for my gf as well. Any information on whether or not you guys know that this is an issue yet or not?

Hi all, my gf and I have been working through the Raven's Cove quest together and we got to the step where we have to defeat Kudgel. All was working fine until I went down and my lady tried to revive me. We both ended up dying unfortunately. When we went back to try again, Kudgel's name was green again. I can't talk to Bellrog either to continue or restart that step. They both just act like regular NPCs and proceed to tell me tips about the game like other NPCs do.

Same issue for my gf as well. Any information on whether or not you guys know that this is an issue yet or not?
Can you gain access to the ship ? I had one that did this ( Didn't die but Krudgel was still there and green ) but I could gain access to the ship .

Can you gain access to the ship ? I had one that did this ( Didn't die but Krudgel was still there and green ) but I could gain access to the ship .

Nope. We never killed Kudgel to begin with so that step of the quest is not completed. Therefore we do not have access to the ship. Bellrog still has the timer icon over his head, so the game thinks I'm still working on his part of the quest.

Just for context...

Attachments

• screenshot_2018-02-27_00-21-54.jpg
    screenshot_2018-02-27_00-21-54.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 430
Same exact thing for me on my alt. Ive been waiting and waiting but no news on this at all i guess

It's frustrating to be so close yet so far from finishing the quest, lol. My gf and I try after every update, no matter how small, to go and see if it has been fixed, but... not yet. :/

I just got a response from support. They say to clear my cache. LOL. Are you kidding me? I clear my cache everytime I log on the game. Total disappointment!

I just got a response from support. They say to clear my cache. LOL. Are you kidding me? I clear my cache everytime I log on the game. Total disappointment!
For some reason clearing your cache will Never fix a In game bug . I play several other games support tells ya to clear your cache , try a different browser , walk on water , stand on your head while singing .......... But nothing I do will fix a In game bug for some odd reason ! lol

Last edited:
I've also had this bug happen. When I fought kudgel, I logged out before I killed him. When I logged back in, and went to fight him again, his name was in green and I couldn't fight him.

My guess is that when the devs were programming the player's interactions with kudgel, they didn't expect a situation where the player logs out before kudgel dies, because it's illogical for a player to do that.

They should review the part of the code where the player has to fight kudgel and make sure every possible case (situation) is accounted for in the code.
1. player dies & goes to jail before kudgel is killed
2. player logs out or exits client before kudgel is killed
3. player disconnects randomly before kudgel is killed
4. player dies, and then is revived, before kudgel is killed
5. there are probably more I'm not thinking of.

Will definitely try this the next time I play and let you guys know if it works... thank you for the tip.
im not quite sure but i think it only works if it happened for an amount of time earlier, i think you can only do it until the ocean/game restarts, i suggest if you're in an active guild try and scout people level 30 or a bit under that and help them defeat the boss, don't hesitate to contact support though, i hope they fix the bug it's REALLY annoying

I'm stuck with the same issue...
Has anyone tried killing the 4 ghost again and seeing if it resets the quest to kill this dude? I doubt it would as it is just another unresolved bug that no one wants to talk about...

Well I found out this is a server-side bug. I uninstalled the game, deleted all references to it in registry and all files from hardrive, installed a new client, and still no go! Grugal is still the quest I need to finish in quest log (kill him) and he is still a friendly NPC. I tried killing the 4 ghost again and of course that was no help.

Conclusion: This is a server-side bug which makes continuing the Raven's Cove quest impossible to do!

I had kudgel issues, he never attacked after talking to the good Dr. I saw someone else post to throw grenades. I killed him with stink pot even though it appeared as if nothing was happening. You will see the red stats if you are doing damage.

The same thing happened to a guildmate. First have high level peep heal you. Find someone else who needs to defeat kudgel. We did this 2 times. One was on anbassa waited in the caves until we found someone doing tge rc quest. In exchange to help him. We were able to fight kudgel after he finished getting the south idol and talked to Dr Bellrog. That Activate s kudgel.. keep swinging sword. Fighting do not run away, or hit escape key. And hopefully don't dc. it doesn't look as your damaging him, but stay on it. It will work. Takes time. It worked for me and guildmate.

Last edited:
The same thing happened to a guildmate. First have high level peep heal you. Find someone else who needs to defeat kudgel. Have them talk to the Dr. Activate kudgel.. keep throwing nades, swinging sword etc. it doesn't look as your damaging him, but stay on it. It will work. Takes time. It worked for guildmate.

Hoping to try this soon. Thanks for the input.

I was doing the quest with my friend on our alts and we had to defeat him at the same time, he got it, but it bugged out for me. I can't do any damage or talk to him. So yeah, kinda gave up. Hopefully there's a way to fix this.

Back