Discussion Discussion Thread: The Old Islands!

Definitely Nostalgia and good memories for the old islands especially Tortuga, Padres Del Fuego, and Port Royal they were looking just like in the movies in the golden ages of Piracy.
The current islands rather look modern but I would prefer the old version because it was looking stunning. :thumbsup:;):happy:

Oh the nostalgia. I always liked the old Port Royal better since it looked so much more like the movie and was not nearly as easy to get lost in.

I can't shake this. (I wish I could, trust me). But why would TLOPO decide to go in this direction if other people separate from TLOPO are doing the same exact thing?

I feel this idea is cool but...is this particular decision leading TLOPO to biting off a bit more than it can chew (as far as both direction and focus)?

Thank ye. ;)

I can't shake this. (I wish I could, trust me). But why would TLOPO decide to go in this direction if other people separate from TLOPO are doing the same exact thing?

I feel this idea is cool but...is this particular decision leading TLOPO to biting off a bit more than it can chew (as far as both direction and focus)?

Thank ye. ;)
I completely agree. I cannot imagine sailing the seas knowing that there are two port royals for whatever reason. It makes no sense.
The old islands are cool, but it all seems a bit pointless and lazy.

Sure people want to see the old islands for themselves again, or even the first time, but is that really justification for having 2 port royals, 2 tortugas, and 2 padres del fuegos in the game?
Especially when, dare I say, there are people working hard recreating the full potco 2008 experience with all the old islands, caves, cut scenes, animations, and secrets; not just the islands which serve no purpose in this game and actually make no logical sense.

Sure, we all wanna see the old islands, but is this the right way?
Sorry for the rant but this is the most questionable decision i've seen the TLOPO staff make since I joined this community and became a tester back in 2015.

Thank ye. ;)
TLOPO has long been hinting at this for almost 3 years now long before any other alternatives. One first being back in 7/15/2016 during a TLOPO Developer Stream and then the second one being in 2/22/2017 at the end of the Hidden Secrets trailer for Escondida. I can assure you that TLOPO has always had these ideas in mind ever since the very start and this is no different than that Developer stream in 2016 except the islands are in a better state since then and the team is looking for suggestions.

Last edited:
TLOPO has long been hinting at this for almost 3 years now long before any other alternatives. One first being back in 7/15/2016 during a TLOPO Developer Stream and then the second one being in 2/22/2017 at the end of the Hidden Secrets trailer for Escondida. I can assure you that TLOPO has always had these ideas in mind ever since the very start and this is no different than that Developer stream in 2016 except the islands are in a better state since then and the team is looking for suggestions.
Right. I understand. Problem is, would it be the "right" thing to do? (People can 'hint' around all they want but if game development itself upholds any certain amount of integrity [that word itself is 'big' one for me] does the first come/first serve principle apply here)? *Don't mean to be a pain but...I feel it should. :)

As far as the old islands are concerned, I'd actually like enemies for maxed pirates like @Beggar mentioned. Imagine if you will, running up the path to the fort, over the old stone bridge following the path from one boss to another fighting your way towards the fort? love it, bring all the nostalgia back.
@Shamus The Brute I guess in a first come/first serve mentality, TLOPO's code which is in use in 1, if not 2 other places at the moment would be in the clear integrity wise.
What's the 2nd place TLOPO's code is being used?

Change my opinion on this. Go for it tlopo! By the looks of the forums background.. seems like you are anyways. :D The other remakes can find another game to make, Ig. They do already have this one open to others to play, tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or they could use the old islands and new islands instead of just the new ones
I do wonder, what is the point of having two of the same island for three different islands in the game?
What a perfect way to confuse new players I must say, always gotta treat the "veterans" and the elitists I guess.
Adding these islands to the game is downright lazy and they have no place in this "remake of POTCO as it was when it closed down in 2013" (if you can even call it that) The tlopo developers and staff have lost sight of their original goal.
By all means make streams showcasing these islands like you used to do, but they don't belong in this game as they add nothing,

Back