Disney buys LucasArts

No! As most of you may agree the last three episodes I, II, and III were much more "cheesy" then IV, V, and VI. Now with Disney in control of the franchise VII, VIII, and IX will probably be another level. Long gone are the days when episode IV received and Oscar nomination for best picture.

No! As most of you may agree the last three episodes I, II, and III were much more "cheesy" then IV, V, and VI. Now with Disney in control of the franchise VII, VIII, and IX will probably be another level. Long gone are the days when episode IV received and Oscar nomination for best picture.

Lol I just love this! There always have and always will be discussions about Star Wars where fans and non fans disagree on just about everything about the movies. Lets just see how things go.

Lucas will still have input in the movies, and I dont doubt that he directs them. Star Wars is completely his baby, his concept, his world and the next three cannot be made with out him. I think the real questions will be if Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will come back as the older (of course) versions of their characters guiding the next generation of Rebels... Of course I'm all for Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo!! :cool:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Concerning gaming specifically, here is an article which explains Disney's current position:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-gaming/
Thank you very much for that Shamus. Its as I figured. If you guys think about it, any Disney games that come out for any console, Xbox360, Kinect, PS3, PC, Wii, etc etc, have all been developed by outside companies. The Lego games series, which include Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean, I'm sure will continue as well as many other RPG games for Star Wars and Disney. There is way too much demand for it to stop.

Here are some interesting interviews of George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy concerning Disney buying LucasFilms and the future of that company and Star Wars:

Kathleen Kennedy

If you think back for a moment concerning most of the popular Steven Spielberg films, Kathleen Kennedy served a "major" role within many of his films (as producer or 'what-have-you'). *In my opinion, there is nobody else on the planet more qualified to take over the positional role that George Lucas held as he decides for himself to retire now as consultant only. :D

One other point I would like to make is that it is clear from these video interviews that both Lucas & Kennedy agree that Disney was chosen to assume the responsibility inorder to assure the (future) success of the "Star Wars" franchise. In terms of what is good for Star Wars, this was a wise choice!

Back