Disney's "Infinity" Official Announcement!

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
Disney's newest game has been announced!
disney-infinity-logo.jpg
DISNEY INFINITY unlocks the freedom to play with some of your favorite Disney and Disney/Pixar worlds like never before! You can experience adventures in the worlds of Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles and Monsters University - take on the role of Sulley, the naturally gifted 'scarer'; become Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding pirate; or transform yourself into Mr. Incredible, one of the world's greatest crime-fighters. Battle enemies, solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and complete a variety of other unique quests.
Or create your own world! Unlock virtual toys, characters, buildings, weapons, gadgets and more -- and bring them into the Disney Infinity 'Toy Box' where you can mix them all up to create your own game. In the Disney Infinity Toy Box, there are no rules and you can create any adventure you want. Share your creations with your friends with up to 4-player co-op play.
The more you play, the more you unlock so the story never ends. It's up to you and your imagination -- infinite possibilities, infinite ways to inspire your imagination!
Disney Infinity will be available in Summer 2013.
It looks to be expected on just about every platform out there, except PC!
Xbox360 & Xbox Live, PS3, Wii & Wii U, Nintendo 3DS

Gonna "review" the videos posted above but first I wanted to quickly say that from what I know, Disney/DIMG is priding themselves A LOT on this project as they have been working secretly on it for a long time now, for at least as long as I have been researching the company on my own (about 7 months now).

It's good to know that the cat is out of the bag, as I do not (really) tolerate "surprises," lol. :rolleyes:

Gonna "review" the videos posted above but first I wanted to quickly say that from what I know, Disney/DIMG is priding themselves A LOT on this project as they have been working secretly on it for a long time now, for at least as long as I have been researching the company on my own (about 7 months now).

It's good to know that the cat is out of the bag now, as I do not really tolerate "surprises," lol. :rolleyes:
This is where all their resources went for at least the last year, it better do well...

This is where all their resources went for at least the last year, it better do well...
idk. A ton of energy was spent by them on the "Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two," game. I have not reviewed reviews of that game lately but, after it was first released, very few gamers were impressed by it.

Only time will tell if this Infinity project was worth the time and resources of DIMG. :confused:

IMO the one game they should have finished and not trashed the project of was Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Da**ed.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/10/14/pirates-of-the-caribbean-armada-of-the-darned-cancelled

That was a game that I planned on purchasing either for Xbox360 or PS3. I was looking forward to that PRG and was extremely angry when it was canceled. I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe they will find this project stashed away somewhere and resurrect it.

I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe they will find this project stashed away somewhere and resurrect it.
Armada had it's staff taken away and diverted to the TRON game, which sadly did not amount to much.

*It's good to know they really thought that one through...:rolleyes:...considering how epic Armada could have been.

Well I'll comment for real now after my sarcastic comment lol.

I will first ask the question... Who does Disney focus on?
5-11 year olds

Wheres the money? Disney seems to ask. Well here is my opinon.

With kids becoming more likely every day to play violent T-M rated games they need to come up with a new game that will capture EVERYONE's attention. Now how to do this you may ask Disney? Well start small. A brilliant way to capture peoples attention is start a ALPHA-BETA ONLINE GAME AVAILBLE TO EVERYONE, With a good theme. Pirates seems to be a theme almost every generation loves. People also like a customizable game. What about... a Customizable pirate game! Aren't I brillant?

What programing langauge? What about Java? Very easy to work with, therefore very easy to bug fix!

Now how? I suggest doing much the same as Club Penguin customization AND Potco customization combined!
customize you character, customize your clothes, have a customizable ship, an island with customizable houses? much like Club Penguin's customizable igloos you say? GREAT IDEA DISNEY! Your finally starting to catch on! Oh and make sure to have many customizable options, so that NO character will be the same!

One other thing to keep in mind... LITSEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! You don't have to do everything they say but it would be nice ever so often to include something they come up with in a update.

Now the thing you care about most! MONEY! Calm down Disney, I know it's hard for you. One time payment for game. No don't leave! There's more! With extras you can buy along the way. Have REAL LIFE items with codes you can redeem for cool stuff online!

I'm done now It seems Disney has passed out during that last paragraph, couldn't recover from one time payment.

I will first ask the question... Who does Disney focus on?
5-11 year olds

Wheres the money?

LITSEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!
*All very intelligent points. Thank you for saying so, as "each" has played out within my own mind. ;)

Hey Disney/DIMG? LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, and not ALL your customers are CHILDREN, savvy? :facepalm:
Pirates seems to be a theme almost every generation loves.
I feel EXTREMELY strong about this too and I agree with ye, Bart. :iagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kinda a rip off of Spyros Skylanders and a means of Disney making more profit due to the fact that you have to buy your characters and place them on the whatchamacallit.
spyrotoy.jpg

Back