Disney's "Infinity" Official Announcement!

I do not think this is a game for me at all :(
Really, me neither. Let me explain why...

By intermingling all sorts of "gaming" characters together within the same platform (along with their specific 'storylines') reminds me of a huge bowl of FRUIT SALAD :rolleyes: with just about every ingredient found under the sun, all colorful and mixed together (contained only) by the inner shell of someone's expensive china bowl!!!

fruitsalad.jpg

(this ^ makes you hungry now, doesn't it, lol?)

Gah.. I really hope they use at least some of this money into turning POTCO around. The petition already has well over 2k signitures on it.. I think it's about time Disney started making improvements for one of their largest investments in their game department.

Really, me neither. Let me explain why...

By intermingling all sorts of "gaming" characters together within the same platform (along with their specific 'storylines') reminds me of a huge bowl of FRUIT SALAD :rolleyes: with just about every ingredient found under the sun, all colorful and mixed together (contained only) by the inner shell of someone's expensive china bowl!!!

fruitsalad.jpg

(this ^ makes you hungry now, doesn't it, lol?)
Now I'm hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTION: Will "Infinity" become successful for DIMG? :confused: What do ye think?

With only being able to play with 2-4 online, that limits who you can play with. I think it will do well for the younger kids, as their parents will have more 'control' with who they are playing with online. But for the older 'kids', I see them trying it out, and then moving on to something else.
infinity.PNG

With only being able to play with 2-4 online, that limits who you can play with. I think it will do well for the younger kids, as their parents will have more 'control' with who they are playing with online. But for the older 'kids', I see them trying it out, and then moving on to something else.
View attachment 49664
I hear ya, and I agree. Older kids could very well dismiss the whole thing altogether and playing alongside 2-4 friends provides little opportunity to establish a chance for any type of online, "gaming community."

Concerning how much Disney Infinity will "cost," please review the following video below:

Now, I am trying to remain positive about Disney Infinity as a whole but to be honest, there are several things which make me wonder if DIMG's expectations for the success of Infinity will ever "hit the mark." If it's OK, I would like to include the following points below:
  • Infinity specifically "showcases" POTC characters (i.e., Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, etc.) which in and of itself is OK but by doing so, the game will directly compete with POTCO for gamer's attention and resources
  • Infinity is heavily supported by Pixar's John Lasseter; Mr. Lassester envisions Infinity as a means to recreate everyone's (youth) "playtime" and desires to capitalize upon such memories by taking advantage of an individual's tendency to randomly choose various TOYS during such playtime
  • Infinity is targeted only towards a specific demographic
  • Infinity provides the ressurection of many past Disney characters to whom the youth of today have more than likely heard about but may not be able to affectively relate
  • Infinity is banking upon the ideaology of "playtime" but times are arguably different to the youth and earlier experiences of some of Infinity's middle-age supporters whom (to me) seem a bit out-of-touch to what interests kids and young adults today
Infinity specifically "showcases" POTC characters (i.e., Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, etc.) which in and of itself is OK but by doing so, the game will directly compete with POTCO for gamer's attention and resources
Case in point, the POTC/Jack Sparrow/Infinity game description has explained within the content of this article:
Jack Sparrow’s playset takes place during the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films. The opening scene is set in a rowboat, when Sparrow is navigating through a scene that comes out of the beginning of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. You can hear the ”Yo ho, yo ho” song playing in the background.

The idea in the opening of the play set is to show what the ride would be like if the Imagineers had carte blanche to remake the world today. So you have novel things like a cannon in the front of your row boat.

In the game, Jack can board his ship and fight with on-shore pirates, or he can jump off the ship and go into the town to fight his enemies. Some of the characters are in the films, but some are also based on characters who were designed but never made it into any of the films.

You will be able to hop from island to island, such as Tortuga. It has 12 different islands, including three major islands, three medium islands, and six small ones. That makes for a sizable world, and you’ll need a ship to travel between the islands. Jack, Davey Jones, and others battle for control of a Kracken and the control of the seas. I played a mission where you guide a ship through narrow straits and blow up other ships with your cannon.

In the game, Jack can board his ship and fight with on-shore pirates, or he can jump off the ship and go into the town to fight his enemies. Some of the characters are in the films, but some are also based on characters who were designed but never made it into any of the films.

You will be able to hop from island to island, such as Tortuga. It has 12 different islands, including three major islands, three medium islands, and six small ones. That makes for a sizable world, and you’ll need a ship to travel between the islands. Jack, Davey Jones, and others battle for control of a Kracken and the control of the seas. I played a mission where you guide a ship through narrow straits and blow up other ships with your cannon.

Now we know where the Kracken went, since WE (Pirates of POTCO) do not have it...

If only they had done what they did to Infinity to POTCO.

:blowup:

Now we know where the Kracken went, since WE (Pirates of POTCO) do not have it...

If only they had done what they did to Infinity to POTCO.

:blowup:
Ugh...I am SO mad/disappointed right now (see below).

Shamus The Brute - GM of "Kraken Coconuts"

Oh God.....
Gah.. I really hope they use at least some of this money into turning POTCO around. The petition already has well over 2k signitures on it.. I think it's about time Disney started making improvements for one of their largest investments in their game department.
View attachment 49664
I'm glad that game isn't going to bring shame to my Wii U. (Even though I can play Wii games on my Wii u)

Toy Box? Judging by how terrible that went for Toy Story 3, I hope they make it better for this. Doesn't look like something I'd waste money on, though.

At least we all know that this will never happen with Kingdom Hearts.

It won't happen to Kingdom Hearts even if Disney wanted to, because Disney doesn't develop it. They allow Square Enix, the REAL developer, to use their characters for their games.

So technically, in a sense, you're right.

Here is a little riddle for everyone to solve...

QUESTION:
What does ice-cream, the group Van Halen, and Disney Infinity each have in common?

ANSWER:
Apparently, they each are each able to:
  1. hit the road - - - >
    ice%20cream%20truck.JPG
  2. tour different neighborhoods - - >
  3. and bring countless joy and excitement to all this summer in one smoking :furious: hot "ride" - - >
    disney_in_843x403px_5.jpg
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...oad-for-summer-of-endless-fun-tour-2013-07-08 :rolleyes:

...Shouldn't ads for soda, plays, or...cosmetics be on trucks? :confused:

...Shouldn't ads for soda, plays, or...cosmetics be on trucks? :confused:
Don't forget U-Haul Moving trucks and "Dumb" (pet-shop) vans as well, lol. :rolleyes:

tumblr_mc3pdhfgug1qzx5ho.gif
photo-14.jpeg

http://www.geekexchange.com/creativity-is-play-john-lasseter-talks-disney-infinity-74789.html

:arrrrr:To take "full" advantage of Disney Infinity, do ye have an extra...

$252.90?
:confused:

According to the article below (which, btw, provides a pretty good break-down of the costs you will be spending), this will likely be the amount of cold, hard cash you will be spending to satisfy your Infinity "fix" (shakes head).
http://kotaku.com/how-much-is-disney-infinity-going-to-cost-you-1160485967 :facepalm:

So...according to Avalanche Studios CEO - John Blackburn - Disney Infinity offers "adults" the chance to relish in their childhood while at the same time playing the game alongside younger family members to where the family unit is positively reinforced (See article below).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...n-fab-5-development-hurdles-and-adult-appeal/

*Did not POTCO provide the same kind of opportunity??? :confused:

You know, I would have NO problem with Disney Infinity if they would have left the POTC brand out of it and hence, kept POTCO running. According to those working for Disney though, POTCO only attracted the demographics of young children and pre-teenagers.

Despite Infinity's success thus far, they have it so wrong in a certain respect! :facepalm:

Another thing that just ticks me off :furious: is that no content that was added directly into Disney Infinity's platform was content that was currently ongoing as a Disney game. The POTC "theme" to POTCO was the only one, out of all of Infinity's content if I am not mistaken!

So...according to Avalanche Studios CEO - John Blackburn - Disney Infinity offers "adults" the chance to relish in their childhood while at the same time playing the game alongside younger family members to where the family unit is positively reinforced (See article below).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...n-fab-5-development-hurdles-and-adult-appeal/

*Did not POTCO provide the same kind of opportunity??? :confused:

You know, I would have NO problem with Disney Infinity if they would have left the POTC brand out of it and hence, kept POTCO running. According to those working for Disney though, POTCO only attracted the demographics of young children and pre-teenagers.

Despite Infinity's success thus far, they have it so wrong in a certain respect! :facepalm: Another thing that just ticks me off :furious: is that no content that was added directly into Disney Infinity's platform was content that was currently ongoing as a Disney game. The POTC "theme" to POTCO was the only one, out of all of Infinity's content if I am not mistaken!

I agree. and POTCO DID provide the same, i seen real family's on there playing together, and i have met adults in between the ages 20 - 40. I think the only reason they used Pirates of the Caribbean is to sort of ''lure'' the players that played POTCO. Thinking ''if you can't have Jack Sparrow on POTCO, why not Disney Infinity?'' Basically Disney's way of making money. Plus the idea of the game being sold for different consoles and not only pc.

As Disney infinity goes, i am not going to play it.
The yellow one is me, the blue one is Disney: :fight1:

Back