Disney's "Infinity" Official Announcement!

Sometimes...:mad:

...I wonder to myself why I continually promote updates related to Disney Infinity. However, I think that by showcasing a few highlights of certain aspects of this game forums members can further understand the "mistake" Disney/DIMG made by shuttering POTCO and then implementing the same exact story-line characters into the Infinity platform.

(To catch everyone up to speed, Disney/DIMG announced yesterday [4-30-14] the introduction of MARVEL characters into the game).
As you will notice from the following video I am including below, these Super Hero characters steal the spotlight/rain on the parade:singing: of Jack Sparrow and other POTC characters whom likely will be competing directly with such characters with the hope of capturing and retaining the attention of younger (Infinity) players.

As you watch the video, ask yourself which character will Infinity players now gravitate towards? Will it be the POTC characters we are all familiar with? Or will it likely be the MARVEL (and soon-to-come 'Star Wars') characters that Disney is focusing upon? :confused:

(NOTE: At 1:12-1:14 within the video, doesn't that ring a bell with you as it does for me as a ex-POTCO player)?

Avast! It is this reason alone which does infuriate :furious: me concerning Infinity because this is exactly what I expected! *Currently now, those POTC characters used to captivate the (initial) interest towards Infinity will likely become overshadowed by such high octane, Super Hero characters.

~ Me hearties, as I watched the above video I now have better insight as to how Toy Story's "Woody" character must have felt once he felt threatened at first by Buzz Lightyear coming onto the scene. To be perfectly honest, it's difficult to not feel this way as the experiences of the past seem to be tossed aside so readily, easily, and effortlessly by other flashy characters which Disney continually pushes to increase their profits.

Last edited by a moderator:
bumpity bump bump.

Since Infinity 3.0 comes out (soon) and it seems to be coming out with new Star Wars characters. I believe that this Disney Infinity has made itself worth every penny that was spent on it. I mean at least they closed POTCO for a game that actually took off is all I can be thankful for about it really.

I'm still not buying one mainly cause I'm not going to pay $30 - 40 everytime I want a new character on it LOL

...I mean at least they closed POTCO for a game that actually took off is all I can be thankful for about it really.
Yeah but if they truly desired to cater to the needs of all gamers they would make the decision as a whole to incorporate various different kinds of platforms into their business model instead of just mobile and the "Infinity" toys-2-life platforms.

Apparently now, Disney is even attempting to incorporate Nintendo's Mario game and character into the Disney Infinity platform. :rolleyes: Geez. Can't they just keep their hands off of some things (for the sake of the rest of us). :rolleyes:

Yeah but if they truly desired to cater to the needs of all gamers they would make the decision as a whole to incorporate various different kinds of platforms into their business model instead of just mobile and the "Infinity" toys-2-life platforms.

Apparently now, Disney is even attempting to incorporate Nintendo's Mario game and character into the Disney Infinity platform. :rolleyes: Geez. Can't they just keep their hands off of some things (for the sake of the rest of us). :rolleyes:
Didn't Nintendo launch their own version of "Infinity" though in hopes of getting in on the whole "bring your characters to life" deal? but I do wish Disney would actually try and cater to more than just a children's audience of gamers but it seems they've chosen their path and seem to be sticking to it.

I just hope Disney learns that you can't just make your focus on one group because kids grow up and popular things change so it's just best to continue to try and provide as much as you can for every age group instead of just children. I mean Infinity can possibly be considered a in-between ground for all ages but I'm not real tempted to play Infinity unless I'm playing with some of my younger cousins.

(Then also once again, I'm not big on paying what I could for a franchise pack worth of really good games for just one character pack on Disney Infinity)

Last edited:
Back