END THIS FOREVER!

Is the rate at which Skull Chests are dropping commons/bad rares instead of fames too high?

• Yes

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • No (by voting this you are saying that skulls are the same as they were in earlier beta/POTCO)

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
TLOPO... In a respectful manner I would like to inform you that skull chests the way they are now is just not right.. It's broken.. Countless threads have been made about this but to no avail. Please understand that after the update where loot was "fixed I have found terrible loot in skulls and have had enough. I'm not saying that every now and then there shouldn't be a common in a skull but when you get skulls like:
screenshot_2018-01-04_02-08-42.jpg

It really gets frustrating... I am not the only one consistently getting skulls like this either. As I mentioned earlier I have seen tons of people posting pictures of these kinds of skulls.

This just isn't right.. When people get a skull they hear that sound and get really excited. They are so ready, hoping to find something good AND... This happens..
screenshot_2018-01-05_20-21-45.jpg

This just really discourages players and I think (at least for me) often makes them give up on looting for that day or time period.

I'm not suggesting that we just make skulls give instant fames every time. I'm against making looting "that easy". But the current rate is just too hard.. I just want to at least be able to hope that there is a chance that I'm getting a famed. But it's just so hard to keep looting when you keep getting terrible skulls.

Here's my suggestion, please take it into consideration.
two options, here is the first

1. Make skulls occur less often but make the chance of rares/fames higher. This should balance things out and then when people get a skull they have a hope.

2. Fix skulls like they were in earlier TLOPO beta. (I believe this was before the loot update, I remember getting fames a very normal amount. Every once and a while a skull would give me one. This to me is the best thing to do. I think skulls need to be reexamined. This common/bad rare drop rate is EXTREMELY HIGH.

Thank you for your time. Please, please take this into consideration. I'm also calling on the community to post their pictures of terrible skulls to support this thread.

Attachments

• screenshot_2018-01-05_19-54-00.jpg
    screenshot_2018-01-05_19-54-00.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 113
  • screenshot_2018-01-05_20-21-45.jpg
    screenshot_2018-01-05_20-21-45.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I obviously don't take a screenshot every time I get a bad skull but here are some of what I have.

screenshot_2017-10-07_20-14-42.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_15-03-03.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_17-20-46.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_17-21-35.jpg
screenshot_2017-10-10_17-22-17.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_17-24-39.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_17-29-41.jpg

screenshot_2017-10-10_17-34-54.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-10-07_19-58-05.jpg
    screenshot_2017-10-07_19-58-05.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 97
  • screenshot_2017-12-17_23-00-48.jpg
    screenshot_2017-12-17_23-00-48.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 66
@Jack Cannonskull: I'm sorry that odds and probability are something that exist?

For what it's worth, TLOPO actually has the looting globals from POTCO meaning the loot is exactly how Disney had it. However, they have made changes to it in the favor of players to make the loot better.

I had gone my entire time on POTCO without looting a single legendary, except for Silver Freeze at Foulberto. I rarely got famed, and when I did it was such a shock. Even if it wasn't a good one or was a duplicate, I kept them back then.

2. Fix skulls like they were in earlier TLOPO beta. (I believe this was before the (JFR loot update and 2013 POTCO update). I remember getting fames a very normal amount. Every once and a while a skull would give me one. This to me is the best thing to do. I think skulls need to be reexamined. This common/bad rare drop rate is EXTREMELY HIGH.
This annoys me so much when I see this. JFR has/had nothing to do with loot. Stop blaming him.

1. Make skulls occur less often but make the chance of rares/fames higher. This should balance things out and then when people get a skull they have a hope.
This number is exactly as it was in POTCO. It's not our fault you're having bad luck with the chests you are getting, the probability of what's inside is the same for everyone. The number for loot skulls to even drop to begin with is already very low.

How does the blame even fall on John?! He simply asked for suggestions on loot. John NEVER complained and I would beg you to show me where he did. I can always link the OP where he literally just asked for suggestions. It's one way to say loot is wrong, it's another thing to go point the finger at people who have literally nothing to do with loot.

OK, I'm trying to filter out the charged emotions and frustrations over broken loot skulls, and what I'm distilling here is that John broke the loot skulls. Is that correct?

I have the solution! We keep the skull drop rarity exactly as it is, and fill EVERY skull with 6 of the best famed/legendary each and every looter doesn't have yet!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like 2 legendaries for each exclamation point in this post. I don't care how you do it, just make it happen. A third inventory page too while you're at it. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back