END THIS FOREVER!

Is the rate at which Skull Chests are dropping commons/bad rares instead of fames too high?

• Yes

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • No (by voting this you are saying that skulls are the same as they were in earlier beta/POTCO)

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While feedback is fantastic, the negativity honestly drives some of us away from even the reading posts.
All forms of feedback are good even if they are negative and people are shouting. It tells the team that the people are not happy with how things currently are and should be taken as seriously as any other form of feedback.

How do you think it feels for a staff member if they ask for feedback and immediately get accused of breaking the loot.
Shouldn't be taking things personally even if a complaint is directed at you. If you let emotions get to you then you have no place to talk PR.

I'm not saying we expect praise 24/7
Praise shouldn't be expected at all. If you expect praise, then you are selfish and aren't on the team for the right reasons.

I know we responded in a sarcastic tone in this thread but it's just the TONE of these posts are frustrating
There is no excuse for acting like a child to the people playing your game if you yourself represent the project.

JFR does a TON for TLOPO, a lot of it behind the scenes and it just doesn't seem fair with certain posts like these.
The world isn't fair, isn't it.

All forms of feedback are good even if they are negative and people are shouting. It tells the team that the people are not happy with how things currently are and should be taken as seriously as any other form of feedback.

Shouldn't be taking things personally even if a complaint is directed at you. If you let emotions get to you then you have no place to talk PR.

Praise shouldn't be expected at all. If you expect praise, then you are selfish and aren't on the team for the right reasons.

There is no excuse for acting like a child to the people playing your game if you yourself represent the project.

Thank you for proving my point.

I don't think that proves your point..
I’m totally cool if somebody hates this game, literally don’t care. I don’t mind if somebody is mad at something not working. My point is threads like this just keep us away from reading them. Disagree if you want, I know people will get mad but the way the OP was constructed, you’ll just drive us from even wanting to respond.

I’m totally cool if somebody hates this game, literally don’t care. I don’t mind if somebody is mad at something not working. My point is threads like this just keep us away from reading them. Disagree if you want, I know people will get mad but the way the OP was constructed, you’ll just drive us from even wanting to respond.
It's not about whether someone hates the game or not, it's about how you receive feedback and how you handle it. Just because someone says something non-positive that does not mean you ignore them or become condescending to them. All feedback should be treated equally as important.

Hey when did the circus roll into town? My fave part has always been the little clown car, and how the clowns just seem to keep coming out of the thing for our amusement. LOL

It's been responded to and obviously staff members have seen your posts. I just want to say though, that the horse at this point is dead and loot is not final. It can be changed. While feedback is fantastic, the negativity honestly drives some of us away from even the reading posts. I'm not talking about complaints, I'm talking over the top reactions and posts. How do you think it feels for a staff member if they ask for feedback and immediately get accused of breaking the loot. Doesn't that more of fall on the input that TLOPO received? I'm not saying we expect praise 24/7 but we play this game as well, we enjoy the forums but sometimes posts like the OP here were fairly vicious. I know we responded in a sarcastic tone in this thread but it's just the TONE of these posts are frustrating, not the complaint itself but the tone. JFR does a TON for TLOPO, a lot of it behind the scenes and it just doesn't seem fair with certain posts like these. I know this thread is essentially dead but I just wanted to add this ^.

TLOPO... In a respectful manner I would like to inform you that skull chests the way they are now is just not right..

Thank you for your time. Please, please take this into consideration

I am sorry @John Foulroberts - I wasn't meaning to blame you but I was just trying to think of a way to get people to know which thread and update I was talking about.

. Now that everyone is aware that I was not pointing fingers at JFR can we please get back to the topic

@Stephen Teague, Please understand that I was not attacking any of the devs. I already apologized to @John Foulroberts about the confusion I had. I know the way I worded sounded like it was his fault and again I am sorry for that.

This thread was never meant to be an open attack at the developers. I respect all of you and have thanked you for your hard work multiple times.

Read the bold quotes - did these sound like attacks? I was trying to respectfully convey my opinion on skull chests. I just got upset because rather than respecting my posts back people turned it into memes.

I totally disagree with @Cenydd in every possible way. I am totally against the negativity that people are bringing just because they are mad about pixelated loot.

I don't want to be regarded as someone who is against the developers because I'm not at all. Let me take this time to thank each and every one of you for your hard work. Also since people thought I was mad at @John Foulroberts let me instead say that I am thankful for his work and as specially appreciate the work he has done with the whitelist and keeping the chat clean and friendly.

I don't like where this thread is going so let's end it right here on a positive post. I care more about keeping things positive then getting silly loot changed.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

Hey when did the circus roll into town? My fave part has always been the little clown car, and how the clowns just seem to keep coming out of the thing for our amusement. LOL
Everytime I see a thread like this its a "circus." But its not nearly as one sided as you and a few others like to think of it as.

I totally disagree with @Cenydd in every possible way. I am totally against the negativity that people are bringing just because they are mad about pixelated loot.
So, then... what was your figured intent for this thread? Clearly, there is discontent and it is being voiced by the community.

I don't like where this thread is going so let's end it right here on a positive post. I care more about keeping things positive then getting silly loot changed.
So you are claiming this entire thread, all these responses, are invalid? It seems that when the team responds with disagreement to the community, we back down. That's a shame.

So, then... what was your figured intent for this thread? Clearly, there is discontent and it is being voiced by the community.

So you are claiming this entire thread, all these responses, are invalid? It seems that when the team responds with disagreement to the community, we back down. That's a shame.

1. My intent was to voice mine and the communities complaints about skull chests in a respectful manner. Not a shouty negative way.

2. Uhm , No. I never claimed that at all in fact. I wanted the thread to be closed because I believe that it is just going to be criticism from here on out. I don't think anymore "constructive criticism is coming. As specially with the latest posts.

1. My intent was to voice mine and the communities complaints about skull chests in a respectful manner. Not a shouty negative way.

2. Uhm , No. I never claimed that at all in fact. I wanted the thread to be closed because I believe that it is just going to be criticism from here on out. I don't think anymore "constructive criticism is coming. As specially with the latest posts.
I don't think you understand what "shouty" means. Just because feedback is negative, that doesn't make it inherently mean. The frustration that is there mostly exists because it appears to many of us (not saying this is a fact) that the devs are not taking criticism from the community seriously. Whether they are or not I don't know. But when a community members voices complaints, and they are only mocked in return, that is what it seems like to people.

This is why I'm just pro-trading. Looting is never going to be perfect and when it is then it'll just quickly become something too perfect that the alleged sole staple of the game will be ruined. I hate seeing threads like this because it should be considered that this emulation is still in beta. It isnt in it final form and perfected, and lambasting staffer (s) for terrible performance is unnecessary when the game has not yet been finalized. Constructive criticism is key to getting anywhere anyhow.

Now I ask the devs to consider this as we have 29 votes, obviously people don't think this is a joke.
I don't think polls on here can truly be representative of the community, there could always be multiple votes from the same person just on other forums accts and the fact that there is an even larger community that doesn't interact on the forums that plays the game.

All that said... Legendary @Mood Rock when?

The hero we need, but not the hero we deserve.

Also, it's great how you guys straight out insult us. at least get someone else on PR. EA did a better job, for barnacles's sakes

These people cannot take criticism properly. I mean, this: "Hey when did the circus roll into town? My fave part has always been the little clown car, and how the clowns just seem to keep coming out of the thing for our amusement. LOL" (you got us, devs xddd)

That is an example of the kind of developers we are dealing with. The kind that openly insult people for criticizing their actions.
My stance once more is proven, These are bad devs. Instead of bug fixes, we get retextured grenades. Instead of something as simple as "We've taken your feedback into consideration, thank you for informing us about the issue." We get, well, THAT.

Honestly, these people need to be replaced. But I doubt it'll happen, since I have a feeling all the developers are like this.

I honestly would much rather be ignored, but being fair, these AREN'T game developers. These are people who are just remaking a Disney game. They don't know what they're doing, and that's understandable. So, hire some people who do. OR take feedback, (even negative) as full grown adults and fix it.

EDIT: "I’m totally cool if somebody hates this game, literally don’t care. I don’t mind if somebody is mad at something not working. My point is threads like this just keep us away from reading them. Disagree if you want, I know people will get mad but the way the OP was constructed, you’ll just drive us from even wanting to respond."
jesus, it just keeps getting worse and worse..
Well, yeah. If you don't read the posts, it's like people aren't complaining. :)

Closing this thread since people have trouble being respectful to each other and are constantly derailing the topic at hand with futile meta-discussions and other nonsense. My apologies to those who were providing polite and constructive criticism.

I know many of you have heard it a thousand times over, but for everyone else: know that TLOPO is developed by volunteers in their spare time. This doesn't outright dismiss any issues there may be with the game, but barraging them with incessant anger, insults, and snide remarks isn't likely to achieve the result you ostensibly desire. I don't figure that's a very hard concept to follow, so assuming that much is already understood, it makes me curious what the goal really is in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back