END THIS FOREVER!

Is the rate at which Skull Chests are dropping commons/bad rares instead of fames too high?

• Yes

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • No (by voting this you are saying that skulls are the same as they were in earlier beta/POTCO)

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bite, just what is this useful item I've seemed to miss in my many skull loot chests?
Stop posting off topic. Now that everyone is aware that I was not pointing fingers at JFR can we please get back to the topic which is not candy, Its loot skull chests.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It's based on probability. The odds are not in your favor for items like legendaries and famed, but that's the nature of looting. I said YOU were having bad luck finding a ton of crap in your loot. Doesn't mean it's poorly designed, just means by chance those numbers keep popping up.

TLOPO actually logs the items dropped in loot. This means they know what players are getting, when they're getting them, and know where to tweak it if it needs to be tweaked.

f7FdEdG.jpg
""TLOPO actually logs the items dropped in loot. This means they know what players are getting, when they're getting them, and know where to tweak it if it needs to be tweaked.""

Then what are they waiting for?
I don't want easy. I don't want a skull every 3rd kill. I'd like to see a minimum 200 gold, and at least 1 rare or better per skull. I don't care what the other four spots would be. And for cripes sake, remove the other skull rate symbols at the bottom of the skulls if the devs never intend to use them.

Last edited:
Stop posting off topic. Now that everyone is aware that I was not pointing fingers at JFR can we please get back to the topic which is not candy, Its loot skull chests.

Thank you.
I'm sorry, but not many people read 100 posts before posting, it's a timing thing sometimes. By the way, I've started at least 3 skull chest threads including a humor one. Did you happen to check any of those out before adding to the list?

I wouldn't say that. I'm sure he didn't start documenting them until after he got sick of the results he was getting and knew he was going to say something about it. I understand all that too. The new thread may not have been necessary though.

Yeah like this post. It makes absolutely no sense!

I loot and take screenshots, when I am looting I occasionally take screenshots of bad skulls.

@squintz is also correct, I didn't start documenting them until I got sick of the results.
It was a joke, but while I'm at it, it seems you're on the forums ranting about your loot instead of actually looting

Jack is correct that it can seem very frustrating at times when scoring dozens of loot skulls, only to realize there's really nothing good in them. But alas, that is how the game is. Personally, I'd like to see loot skulls once in a blue moon and have something amazing in them. God knows I've sent more than my share of in-game feedback regarding the poor quality of the loot sometimes (like a lot maybe), but in the end, I accept the reality of the situation; John broke the loot skulls, and he had help from Mike Waas!
Jack is an honorable pirate and I appreciate him expressing his frustration, which helps us all vent a little and make light of the situation.
Jack, I'm not goofing on you and I'm glad you expressed yourself and hopefully you will get those dang blasted, difficult, agonizing famed weapons you seek eventually.
Stay with it bro!

Jack is correct that it can seem very frustrating at times when scoring dozens of loot skulls, only to realize there's really nothing good in them. But alas, that is how the game is. Personally, I'd like to see loot skulls once in a blue moon and have something amazing in them. God knows I've sent more than my share of in-game feedback regarding the poor quality of the loot sometimes (like a lot maybe), but in the end, I accept the reality of the situation; John broke the loot skulls, and he had help from Mike Waas!
Jack is an honorable pirate and I appreciate him expressing his frustration, which helps us all vent a little and make light of the situation.
Jack, I'm not goofing on you and I'm glad you expressed yourself and hopefully you will get those dang blasted, difficult, agonizing famed weapons you seek eventually.
Stay with it bro!
I've noticed that numerous people on this forum have their own 'unique' concept of what is a joke and what is a personal attack. I have a sardonic sense of humor most the time, but try to stay away from too personal.
BUT - I certainly hope you were joking with this line " I accept the reality of the situation; John broke the loot skulls, and he had help from Mike Waas!" yes?

I've noticed that numerous people on this forum have their own 'unique' concept of what is a joke and what is a personal attack. I have a sardonic sense of humor most the time, but try to stay away from too personal.
BUT - I certainly hope you were joking with this line " I accept the reality of the situation; John broke the loot skulls, and he had help from Mike Waas!" yes?
LOL, of course it's humor, as this thread devolved into blaming John for what he did; break the loot skulls!!!

I sense a new meme is in order...
"Thanks John" shall be the title for any mishap that happens in the game from now on!

As a seasoned POTCO looter, I'd like to add my 2 cents.

I've been looting non-stop since the release of RC, nothing has dropped. All skulls are trash loot. Honestly thank god for loot pouches that give brights or this game would not be worth playing.

I was getting plenty of famed before you released RC, now nothing. Idk what you guys "think" you've done to make the system on TLOPO "as close as possible" to that from POTCO, but its not. Its messed up and soon enough lots of looters will stop wasting their time with this poorly developed loot system and move on from the game. For now I'm done land looting until you realize its messed up and fix it.

Good luck and see you on the high seas.

As a seasoned POTCO looter, I'd like to add my 2 cents.

I've been looting non-stop since the release of RC, nothing has dropped. All skulls are trash loot. Honestly thank god for loot pouches that give brights or this game would not be worth playing.

I was getting plenty of famed before you released RC, now nothing. Idk what you guys "think" you've done to make the system on TLOPO "as close as possible" to that from POTCO, but its not. Its messed up and soon enough lots of looters will stop wasting their time with this poorly developed loot system and move on from the game. For now I'm done land looting until you realize its messed up and fix it.

Good luck and see you on the high seas.
Calm down mate. We're trying to respectfully say that we think loot "might" be messed up. Don't be so harsh.

I should also point out that I don't think loot at sea is broken, I'm talking about loot on land. (sorry for not mentioning that earlier.)

Calm down mate. We're trying to respectfully say that we think loot "might" be messed up. Don't be so harsh.

I should also point out that I don't think loot at sea is broken, I'm talking about loot on land. (sorry for not mentioning that earlier.)

You're right Jack. I may have come off as angry (which I am), but that is only due to the fact that the replies we get in regard to this issue is that "loot is as close as possible to how it was on POTCO, etc etc" which is not true. And yeah, this is only land loot, loot at sea is fine.

You're right Jack. I may have come off as angry (which I am), but that is only due to the fact that the replies we get in regard to this issue is that "loot is as close as possible to how it was on POTCO, etc etc" which is not true. And yeah, this is only land loot, loot at sea is fine.
I distinctly remember getting a golden charm, nautilus and silver freeze and nothing else on potco. I have 14 famed on tlopo

I'd like to see loot skulls once in a blue moon and have something amazing in them.

We actually agree on something! C:

All skulls are trash loot. Honestly thank god for loot pouches that give brights or this game would not be worth playing.

Very true statement here as well. I only came back to this game because of the looting aspect. I dont sea loot because I cant sail and would have to depend strangers to know what they are doing, which is very hard to find.

Its messed up and soon enough lots of looters will stop wasting their time with this poorly developed loot system and move on from the game.

I cant say how many times I thought bout just not playing because loot system seems off. I repeatedly said before, the bright corsets ( which is the equal to the guys sack vest) drops as often as a legendary. While it is easy as heck for even a beginner guy looter to have at LEAST two in their inventory. But dont seem they agree, or just dont care (it seems most the devs are males, not sure), at least how it feels on my end. Now you add in loot skulls that drop commons, crude weapons, etc... what is point of being a skull chest? They are basically a joke, as far as land skulls. I am pretty sure it wasnt that bad in potco.

The only loot aspect in the game not broken is sailing, not everyone likes sailing. Fishing, land loot and female item drops vs male item drops really need to be looked at again PLEASE! kk, ty , bye. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back