END THIS FOREVER!

Is the rate at which Skull Chests are dropping commons/bad rares instead of fames too high?

• Yes

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • No (by voting this you are saying that skulls are the same as they were in earlier beta/POTCO)

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the frustration of looting for hours and finally getting that beautiful Skull Chest and being disappointed with it being, "broken", but taking it to the forums and writing a post about how you were upset that you got a rusty cutlass (or whatever it was), instead of a famed or legendary weapon is beyond immature. It's okay to make a few comments in your guild chat or to your friends like, "another broken chest, ugh!!", but that's it.

Loot is pretty much the way it was in POTCO. In my opinion, it's actually easier to loot famed and legendary weapons now then it was in the original game, so you shouldn't be complaining. Then again, you have the right to your thoughts and opinions, but these are just mine. Be patient. Eventually you will loot something amazing if you have the patience.

There is nothing wrong with asking for community feedback on if you think looting should be improved. Just don't point be pointing fingers for the wrong reasons.

(This post is more for the community, not the article-writer)

Thank you!

Last edited:
I understand the frustration of looting for hours and finally getting that beautiful Skull Chest and being disappointed with it being, "broken", but taking it to the forums and writing a post about how you were upset that you got a rusty cutlass (or whatever it was), instead of a famed or legendary weapon is beyond immature.
Uhm.. Apparently you didn't read this thread at all because that is NOT what happened at all..
Loot is pretty much the way it was in POTCO. In my opinion, it's actually easier to loot famed and legendary weapons now then it was in the original game, so you shouldn't be complaining.
As @Mike Wass said earlier the looting system is based on luck.

Uhm.. Apparently you didn't read this thread at all because that is NOT what happened at all..

I read it. I meant that post more to the community that actually does consistently complain about looting and makes articles about how "terrible" it is. I appreciate you asking for community feedback.

Ok my brothers and sisters, I don't mean to burst your bubble. Just because you don't get a Ripsaw every skull chest doesn't mean it's broken.
What you don't understand, and what I think most people aren't understanding when responding to this thread is that it is the consistency in which commons are in skulls that bothers me.

It's based on probability. The odds are not in your favor for items like legendaries and famed, but that's the nature of looting. I said YOU were having bad luck finding a ton of crap in your loot. Doesn't mean it's poorly designed, just means by chance those numbers keep popping up.

TLOPO actually logs the items dropped in loot. This means they know what players are getting, when they're getting them, and know where to tweak it if it needs to be tweaked.

Ok my brothers and sisters, I don't mean to burst your bubble. Just because you don't get a Ripsaw every skull chest doesn't mean it's broken.
f7FdEdG.jpg

I feel like some people here are being a little unfair to those voicing their opinions. I don't know for sure, but it definitely seems like loot was changed in some way. Just look at the poll. I doubt its coincidence that many players suddenly seem to have problems with the looting system. If I recall correctly, this didn't happen when TLOPO first came out. I could be wrong, I don't know. But don't just make fun of people who present negative criticism. That's how games are improved.

I feel like some people here are being a little unfair to those voicing their opinions. I don't know for sure, but it definitely seems like loot was changed in some way. Just look at the poll. I doubt its coincidence that many players suddenly seem to have problems with the looting system. If I recall correctly, this didn't happen when TLOPO first came out. I could be wrong, I don't know. But don't just make fun of people who present negative criticism. That's how games are improved.
People like you are few and far between lad, but more are joinin' our cause.

Since I am attributed to anything that has to do with loot, I propose a change: let's go back to pre-2010 where the looting system did not exist yet. Your best bet was getting a random bright (minuscule chance, by the way) from an equally random enemy.
That sounds nice.
By the way it's also your fault for letting this pirate drink so much at the Christmas party.
screenshot_2017-12-23_23-28-07.jpg

It's based on probability. The odds are not in your favor for items like legendaries and famed, but that's the nature of looting. I said YOU were having bad luck finding a ton of crap in your loot. Doesn't mean it's poorly designed, just means by chance those numbers keep popping up.

TLOPO actually logs the items dropped in loot. This means they know what players are getting, when they're getting them, and know where to tweak it if it needs to be tweaked.

f7FdEdG.jpg
You keep telling me that TLOPO does this and TLOPO does that like I should know, understand that I didn't know any of that because I'm not a developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back