Favorite Glitch Of All Time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite glitch (back in the day) was sailing through Port Royal. I haven't figured out the newest version of it (apparently can only be done from a fishing boat, now.) Back in 2007/2008, you could see other people on the island from the boat - Governor's Mansion was particularly pretty to sail through. The last time I remember doing that glitch, was during the first month of invasions, so that I could get onto Jolly Roger's ship and explore a little. (Nothing to see - just a regular "phantom" ship type.) It was also very useful for watching the fireworks from inside Tortuga harbor. It was very very pretty, up close like that.

Even though it was mostly harmless in SvS (you could still be hit, if you could hit them) and was very difficult to do while in combat. Taking a short cut through port royal did allow me to catch up to a speed-hack cheater on at least one occasion. But I'm happy it was fixed for SvS. Not too happy it was taken out for regular sailing, also. (Why was it taken out? Because it was pretty?)

I always liked being able to run off of ships. The methods I know of doing it are long gone, but it was fun while it lasted. I remember we would shoot of the sails of skeleton ships and run onto them to see what they looked like.. before there were the Skeleton flagships. I remember there being a Gypsy sailing them, back when you could see players/AI on other ships.. could kill it and it would continually respawn.

I remember in SVS you could get off your ship and go to the ship ur against and attack them on there ship

I never got to enjoy that one... I can think of a lot of times I would really like to do that! I have had my ship stolen recently on SVS from public play. That was kind of interesting. I docked and they didnt... they left the dock and continued to play making me unable to sail.

I always liked being able to run off of ships. The methods I know of doing it are long gone, but it was fun while it lasted. I remember we would shoot of the sails of skeleton ships and run onto them to see what they looked like.. before there were the Skeleton flagships. I remember there being a Gypsy sailing them, back when you could see players/AI on other ships.. could kill it and it would continually respawn.

I noticed they seemed to have gotten rid of being able to hack up the ship while you are tied up next to it. I use to love seeing them running around on deck while I tossed grenades on the deck before boarding. That does not seem to work anymore.

Aww, too bad they took that out, sounds like fun. I've always thought it odd that other ships look empty, what was the reason for Disney to change that?

This was one of my favorite glitches just because it was fun :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
this is so cool . thanks for posting these. i love glitches !

My favorite glitch (back in the day) was sailing through Port Royal. I haven't figured out the newest version of it (apparently can only be done from a fishing boat, now.) Back in 2007/2008
I remember those glitches, Sometimes your ship would end up stuck in the middle of the island while trying to port back in those days too. Then there was the invisible ship/flagship glitch back in those days. Made your ship invisible and invincible to enemy ships. There were too many glitches to mention in one thread back in those days. Some of those glitches got you into some pretty cool places. Used to prefer having guild meetings and pre boss battle crew ups from inside of glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back