Suggestion Fix General Hex's Level to 30

It's pretty frustrating that a legendary-bearing boss drops below a red-tagged level for a level 50 pirate. Looting him would be much more fun (particularly in groups) if Hex's minimum level was higher.

I agree. The fact that he's not always red tag was the main reason I thought he wouldn't have the legendary.

It's pretty frustrating that a legendary-bearing boss drops below a red-tagged level for a level 50 pirate. Looting him would be much more fun (particularly in groups) if Hex's minimum level was higher.
Agreed, stinks when he spawns at lvl 23 and is dead in two hits. If he was lvl 30 it'd be more entertaining cause you'd be able to have more friends join.

That would probably put Patron and SF back in his loot pool. Personally, I'd rather just get one legend and done from him but have his drops be a little weak.

The fact that they removed the junk legendaries from his drops was quite nice. I don't see why they'd want to add them back..?

There's an old saying in the software world: "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Love that one, second only to my fave "Don't look for logic where none exists".
The idea of making these threads is suggesting things may actually be broke and could need fixing. I personally disagree with this suggestion but these things have to be said.

It's not broke... it's how the game was made by Disney and how it is kept to stay consistent with how potco was.
Disney didn't get everything perfect either. I'm pretty alone in saying that the Behemoth Blade could use a buff to its stats in TLOPO. It literally does nothing another legendary weapon can't do better.

Well, there are bosses of all levels so that anyone range of player lvl can have a boss to kill. If it were raised, then lower lvls who go to misty mire cant kill him..
There are plenty of low level bosses, they just don't drop the highest attack voodoo doll in the game. A level 20 can go to Samuel or General Sandspine and get a famed weapon which is more suitable for his level.

Last edited:
Hex is a lower level boss, for lower level pirates who need a boss to kill as well. Beating him is also required for the quest line, when you are still a lower level pirate. Disney had him at a challenging level for when you had to battle him. He is fine the way he is.
  • Disney can (and often did) make mistakes
  • Disney never gave General Hex a 70 attack voodoo doll. Fully Mastered pirates are only attracted to Hex for that reason.

Here's the thing, Hex already randomly spawns at lvl 30 every few kills, who's to say he isn't level 30 when a lower level goes to kill him for the quest? Ask for help, people will always help, if not, get new friends. Also Kris, if we are keeping this like Potco, why do we have 22 legends with 14 boss exclusive weapons, instead of keeping it the original 7?

Back